SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

Littlepeahead 10-10-14 12:27 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heorot (Post 2983912)
Do what I did. Take several outfits to work and leave them there. Then bike in to work and change when you get there.

I get a fair bit of work done on the train each day and I read to switch off from work on the way home. On the occasions when I bike in I arrive behind schedule as I haven't been able to answer emails, and normally stressed having suffered total boredom on the A12 and M25 followed by several near death experiences on the Finchley Road. It really isn't a fun journey of 55 miles each way and actually takes as long as going by train by the time you add in the time spent getting into and out of bike gear, filling up with fuel and having to re-do hair and makeup upon getting to work. Sometimes longer as there are so many speed restrictions on the route now. I think if I had to do it daily it would kill my enjoyment of biking.

Littlepeahead 10-10-14 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTECUK (Post 2983915)
Now forgive me for type casting BMWs but with the boxes and rack they are as wide as a car.
So it's going to take forever to get three and back.

With panniers fully extended the GS is about the same size as a Smart car. You can't filter easily, especially as the boxes are wider than the bars.

I already keep more than 22 pairs of shoes and several evening gowns plus about 6 jackets in the office, I'm not sure they'd let me move my whole wardrobe in.

NTECUK 10-10-14 12:49 PM

I've done the commute to out traing center next lottery HQ.
That's on thin sports bikes and it's a heart ach.
Vans and cars swap lanes as your filtering. Some I swear deliberately block you. It's sticking smelly in the heat and sapping in the rain
So don't blame you.
It's better for me as only do it 3 times a year. It's a max hour trip compared to 2 1/2 hrs in a car.
I can cary boots book and wear my leathers in the building. (although some of the looks you get are priclesless).
Your just going to have to put the pressure on the bus company.

maviczap 11-10-14 09:11 AM

Night shifts and my wife thinks it's fine to start the tumble dryer. 6 hours sleep isn't enough. I creep round the house when she's on nights WTF

NTECUK 11-10-14 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2984081)
Night shifts and my wife thinks it's fine to start the tumble dryer. 6 hours sleep isn't enough. I creep round the house when she's on nights WTF

6 hours is enough lol
4 hours will do man up ;p

maviczap 11-10-14 11:12 AM

Not at my age

Sir Trev 11-10-14 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2984100)
Not at my age

This.

What the hell wakes me up at 4am EVERY feckin' day? I am becoming a zombie due to lack of sleep.

maviczap 11-10-14 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Trev (Post 2984108)
This.

What the hell wakes me up at 4am EVERY feckin' day? I am becoming a zombie due to lack of sleep.

Stress, I'm a 5am waker upper

Red Herring 11-10-14 01:04 PM

Stress. I retired 5 days, 14 hours and 3 minutes ago and you would not believe how much better I am already sleeping.....

Sir Trev 11-10-14 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Herring (Post 2984111)
Stress. I retired 5 days, 14 hours and 3 minutes ago and you would not believe how much better I am already sleeping.....

Quite possibly. I resigned from my last job in May and slept like a baby for a few weeks. My current project (I'm now contracting) is at a busy stage so it could be I'm just not switching off. I spend half the weekend dozing off in front of the TV which helps me recover but I'd rather be outside enjoying the last of the mild weather. Hopefully my next contract will be closer to home as well as the hour plus drive home leaves me exhausted on it's own.