SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Photos (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Vintage film cameras (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=216097)

johnnyrod 01-05-16 10:02 PM

Re: Vintage film cameras

Does it focus at the right distance? Always check that first as it might throw the rangefinder off, depending on how it's all linked together (if at all!).

Some people de-click the aperture on their lenses by removing the ball bearing, a lot of older cameras don't have the detent anyway. Not the worst thing that could have happened, is what I mean.

Kenzie 02-05-16 05:25 PM

Will have to do a focus check on it at some point. Did we look at the Auto S2 as a donor for your sickly Konica S?

johnnyrod 02-05-16 08:00 PM

Yep, the Autos have blades with holes not pegs. The S, S2 (both non-Auto) and Yashica Lynxes are the only ones that are compatible AFAIK

Kenzie 02-05-16 08:43 PM

Will keep an eye out for them at boot sales. Might trawl charity shops tomorrow depending on how much time I have. Only ever found one Lynx at a boot sale.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Kenzie 03-05-16 09:01 AM

Just picked up an Olympus Trip 35 with cap and strap from a charity shop for the sum if £1 because it had a film in. If anyone is interested in this great camera then I am willing to post out with two rolls of Poundland finest to anyone in the UK just to get you lot shooting film. PM me address if interested.

Sent from my Xperia T

yokohama 03-05-16 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzie (Post 3043856)
Just picked up an Olympus Trip 35 with cap and strap from a charity shop for the sum if £1 because it had a film in. If anyone is interested in this great camera then I am willing to post out with two rolls of Poundland finest to anyone in the UK just to get you lot shooting film. PM me address if interested.

Sent from my Xperia T

i wouldn't mind having a go with a Trip. I used to have one but it got nicked - as did all my SLRs I think i'm cursed

yokohama 03-05-16 10:22 AM

I took a few more shots with the Dacora at the weekend but still can't finish the film. I find I can't just blast away at anything (even with digital) I need to have something I want to shoot.
Also, in a kind of senior moment, I suddenly realised there was a white frame in the viewfinder. Will this be to define the limits of the actual shot? If so, the first half of the film is going to be full of extremely bad compositions and cut-offs. :oops:

Kenzie 03-05-16 10:54 AM

The frame in the viewfinder is usually to correct for paralax. The difference between what the viewfinder sees and what the lens see. Yoko, pm me your address and I will try and post today. Just need to clean it. Seems to be in working order.

Sent from my Xperia T

johnnyrod 03-05-16 10:59 AM

Depends a bit on the camera but yes it basically shows you the frame - on many older cameras though what you saw was the whole frame. It was quite common though that the coverage of the picture was greater than the viewfinder, even on SLRs, to reduce chopped-off heads etc. which went out of fashion around the time of Henry VIII. So you may be lucky, or you may have also created minimalist masterpieces! Or crap pictures. Know what you mean about not spraying the area, I've just put a film in this new Olympus I've got but it's going to be ages before I see the results! On 120 with 12 shots a film it seems to take the same number of weeks as 35mm/24.

Kenzie 03-05-16 12:32 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...6d1c4d60c1.jpg

Have put some new foam in for light seals as the old stuff was basically mush.

Sent from my Xperia T