SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

pookie 23-01-19 09:26 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

no snow .. grrr

garynortheast 23-01-19 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pookie (Post 3098232)
no snow .. grrr

Here's some of ours for you Pookie :smt046

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7817/...cf04a7dc_b.jpg
Pontllogel run in snow
by garynortheast

pookie 23-01-19 10:08 PM

wow that is gorgeous.. yes please

ophic 24-01-19 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzie (Post 3098231)
Motorcyclists who ride with their high beams on. OK, we all like to be seen, but to dazzle other drivers is not good.

Maybe they just put on a few pounds over chrimbo :smt040

Bibio 24-01-19 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzie (Post 3098231)
Motorcyclists who ride with their high beams on. OK, we all like to be seen, but to dazzle other drivers is not good.

just coz they ride a motorbike does not make them less of a muppet.

Bibio 24-01-19 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3098234)

blimey.. there is none here and i hope it stays that way.

BoltonSte 24-01-19 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punyXpress (Post 3098205)
Not a cloud in the ( Blue ) sky here :D

No need to rub it in, wrong side of the Pennines for me, not high enough to get regular snow, but close enough for the cloud to keep us grey for days.

Sir Trev 24-01-19 04:35 PM

Snow is taking its time melting here and its a very damp and misty day. Not helped by the hipster muppet two doors down who had a wood burner installed a few years ago thinking it was all so cool. In weather like this the smoke gets caught by the mist and it turns to smog all around the area. We all moved to electric and gas heating to stop this sort of thing but there is always one. It stinks of smoke outside and my car is forever covered in bits of ash...

Adam Ef 24-01-19 05:14 PM

We had a log burner put in a couple of years ago. It's a Defra approved one for smokeless zones though (even though we're allowed one with smoke where we live) so we get no smoke coming out of the chimney. I was quite looking forward to the picturesque plume of smoke and smell of oak to greet me coming home from work, but it doesn't happen. It does mean that our burner is very very effiient though as it recycles the smoke and gases and burns it again. You can see jets coming in the back of the stove when it's up to heat, almost like having gas jets at the back of the burner.

kaivalagi 24-01-19 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ef (Post 3098268)
We had a log burner put in a couple of years ago. It's a Defra approved one for smokeless zones though (even though we're allowed one with smoke where we live) so we get no smoke coming out of the chimney. I was quite looking forward to the picturesque plume of smoke and smell of oak to greet me coming home from work, but it doesn't happen. It does mean that our burner is very very effiient though as it recycles the smoke and gases and burns it again. You can see jets coming in the back of the stove when it's up to heat, almost like having gas jets at the back of the burner.

I got a defra rated Heta stove, lovely having a wood burner in the lounge....there's no excuse these days for churning loads of smoke...if you use the right burner and properly dried wood it's vert toasty and not smoky...