SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2011 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Back home Thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=169507)

Sosha 08-08-11 10:00 AM

Re: Back home Thread

Thanks all. So pretty round there even with the tempest. Found waterproofs on the floor when I got back :rolleyes:

Could have done without the monsoon between Buckingham and Slough though. Other than Halifax it had been alright up to there.

same time next year?

Littlepeahead 08-08-11 01:36 PM

Sounds like you all had a blast. Did anyone use our un-needed B&B room in the end?

We headed to Hampshire but because of the M25 being shut we had to take the scenic route along the A272 - unfortunately so did everyone else so it took 6 hours from Chelmsford to Lyndhurst!

But we did think of you as we were putting our tent up in the blazing sunshine on Saturday afternoon. And again as we mooched around a chilli fiesta in West Sussex on Sunday and I was concerned that I hadn't put any sunblock on.

I'm off for x-rays on the dodgy achilles this week - so with any luck I'll manage to get it sorted in time for next year's AR. Talking of which - some of those roads along the South Downs would be brilliant on a bike - anyone fancy organising the AR in that area?

SoulKiss 08-08-11 02:42 PM

I was canvassing for support for AR: London 2012 so maybe...

andrewsmith 08-08-11 02:56 PM

SK are you mad AR at the same time at the White Elephant of London?

phil24_7 08-08-11 03:29 PM

We got home yesterday at 17:30, so 6 hours back compared to 9 there. Should have been 5 but for an accident on the M6 just after it splits for the toll road. We did however have an amazing time in the services whilst waiting for the traffic to subside a little, watching people try to park. It's amazing what people do when they think nobody is watching.

Anyway, cheers all for a great weekend, especially the organisers and the chefs.

Dave20046 08-08-11 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 2585809)
Sounds like you all had a blast. Did anyone use our un-needed B&B room in the end?

WHAT?!
I would have paid good money to use a room, I was under the impression they were fully booked.

:smt019

tinpants 08-08-11 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulKiss (Post 2585847)
I was canvassing for support for AR: London 2012 so maybe...

I think it could be a goer. Me and SK had quite an in-depth chat about it late on Saturday night, and it seemed to be a great idea...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave20046 (Post 2585881)
WHAT?!
I would have paid good money to use a room, I was under the impression they were fully booked.

:smt019

ROFPMSL!!!!!

the_lone_wolf 08-08-11 07:32 PM

Well, probably the last ones to get home, we arrived a few hours ago, now suitably fed, watered and washed

Was pretty dry for the second leg but a miscalculation of what motorway junction we were on meant we had to leg it fairly briskly from Oxford to get the boat...

missyburd 08-08-11 10:49 PM

I got home about 6, funnily enough 3 mins before Chris and the Van of Doom - I decided to take a very fun detour back seeing as the sun had decided to grace us with its presence. Much fun disassembling the marquees and a very nice luncheon before heading home, cheers.

Had a fab weekend and it was good to see everyone with such smiling faces despite experiencing the worst Yorkshire weather my bike has had to endure yet! :rolleyes:

BoltonSte 09-08-11 11:59 AM

Got back woth Girth, didn't log on as I don't think I could have done.

Mates came round to inform me I looked like death and gave up coming into work yesterday after I woke up.