SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Medical advice please... (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=135011)

JediGoat 06-07-09 10:37 PM

Re: Medical advice please...

Eek...not wishing to worry...but...I've started already.

I can't have my ears syringed (weak scar tissue on ear drum), so have had that 'hoovering' thing done. It's not nice. In fact, it's rather unpleasant.

HTH.

Cazza 06-07-09 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orpheus (Post 1964579)
How about an ear candle?

Never used one...

I'd recommend four.

(Sorry).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 1964601)
Did you know.... blah blah another Spidey 'fact'...

No, strangely, I didn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 1964601)
And who the fek is Gareth Barlymow? I tried a little tenderness once but i found the commitment it required was too much.
What?

Chaka feels for you too, she really does.

Anyway, back on topic. I wouldn't have the Hopi ear candling done until someone in a white coat has had look in your earhole. And certainly don't buy any and try it yourself. People have been know to burn the inner parts of their ears (ouch).

TheNinj1 06-07-09 11:18 PM

Did they light the wrong end?

Spiderman 25-07-09 02:14 PM

Quick update for all you nice peeps who wished me well with this.

About this time last week my ear popped!!!! Yay! And all by itself too. Well i say that, i burped and it popped, lol.

So now i can hear in glorious stereoscopicphonic sound like before and the world is a better place :)

Thank you all for your suggestion, no matter how inclredibly scary some may have been.

:grouphug:

dirtydog 25-07-09 05:13 PM

Well if it happens again Spidey my offer of the wet vac is there and guess the make of it...

Earlex !!!!!

Spiderman 27-07-09 11:16 AM

PMSL, thats ecxellent.

Thanks DD i'll keep this in mind :lol:

muffles 27-07-09 11:44 AM

Jesus that took a long time mate :shock: longest I've ever had a blocked ear for was 1-2 days!

Bluewolf 27-07-09 01:38 PM

ixlr8 29-07-09 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Teese (Post 1962050)
Seen this post very late
Do not try putting anything else in until he has used the auroscope and determine whether the eardrum is intact, you may exacerbate the problem.

Hope you are better soon x, its really unpleasant but try to bear with it until you know for sure.

Likewise. Seriously, the only safe method if you've got a possible perforated drum is dry wax removal with a curette wielded by someone who knows what they're doing, eg, nurse, doctor, maybe audiologist. Foreign fluid into inner ear =not good.:smt018