SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

Spank86 17-10-14 02:17 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tactcom7 (Post 2984934)
True, but someone who has an idea of how that person must be feeling to contemplate doing that might get upset by it.

Anyways, enough doom and gloom.

well hopefully they read that post and reconsider based on what a bad way to go it is.

Pick a nice lonely cliff instead.

tactcom7 17-10-14 02:25 PM

Not quite what I meant but nevermind.

maviczap 17-10-14 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTECUK (Post 2984933)
It's the people that they leave behind and involve that need support and understanding.
The person who did it we have already failed. :(

Hear,hear, until its happened to you, then you won't understand.

People haven't necessarily failed, but they don't see any other options.

Heorot 17-10-14 04:02 PM

Back in the 60's I had a friend who had worked on the railways. He told me of someone who stepped out in front of a steam train unnoticed by the driver and ended up hooked on the front of the train. Apparently the body was still hanging on the front of the train when it rolled into Leicester station with the driver still unaware. My friend was part of the crew that had to clear the station platform of waiting passengers. They were warned by signalmen who had seen it as the train passed.

NTECUK 17-10-14 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2984941)
Hear,hear, until its happened to you, then you won't understand.

People haven't necessarily failed, but they don't see any other options.

I didn't say that the person failed.
But they needed help that they obviously didn't get. Or maybe a terminal illness and took the opportunity to get out.

maviczap 17-10-14 04:57 PM

Sorry misread that bit and wholeheartedly agree with your second comment.

Red ones 17-10-14 07:16 PM

Gripe of the day - What is yours?

My gripe is about people like the ER6 rider this morning. He rode up along side a BMW and thumped the window because it was 3" too far to left and made filtering awkward. Not impossible, after all he rode off swearing. I ended up pulling up and apologising on behalf of nice bikers.

ophic 17-10-14 07:53 PM

I see a lot of that in London. It's a bit too aggressive for my liking. Most drivers on my commute are quite considerate overall, and there are other considerations when driving than whether the next impatient 2 wheeler can get past.

keith_d 18-10-14 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTECUK (Post 2984933)
It's the people that they leave behind and involve that need support and understanding.
The person who did it we have already failed. :(

I have to admit to being deliberately provocative, but this is the 'gripe of the day' thread.

The people who really suffer are the the driver (or drivers) whose vehicles are involved. I'd much rather be stuck in traffic for a couple of hours than have my car totalled by a jumper then spend most of the evening talking to the police about it.

Finding and documenting all the bits scattered around the motorway can't be much fun either.

timwilky 25-10-14 08:16 AM

People who flog stuff on flea bay, collect only with no contact details and don't respond to their messages.

I bought 12 acrows yesterday for £50. I need some for a project. Ideally I would have picked them up this morning to give me the weekend grafting. Guessing the seller is either on the lash last night and still in his pit, or disappointed at the price.

Still gives me time to internet