SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

garynortheast 19-02-20 10:57 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Oh ffs! Every time I think things couldn't get worse, they do. Rapidly running out of string now. :(

Geodude 20-02-20 06:55 AM

I really hope you get a break soon Gary, and im sure plenty of us on here will gladly give you some of our string.

Chris_SVS 20-02-20 10:23 AM

As suspected the sale of the Tracer has fallen through due to the buyer not having a clue how Ebay works, having taken nearly 2 days to even contact me, while giving off that he/she thought I wasn't getting back to them.

They sent a Best Offer that was valid for 2 days, and I took those two days quite rightly to see if any more came in - then accepted it

timwilky 21-02-20 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ef (Post 3112392)
+ For anyone who doesn't know and has an HSBC current account with an overdraft, they're shortly to change their interest rates from 19% to about 38% !!! Doesn't seem to be being publicised with no forewarning from HSBC. I found out from a friend then searched onine to find out it's true. Apparently most other banks will be following suit. Apparently it's part of a push to stop people living out of overdrafts and using them as temporary measures instead.

It's pushing rates up to an amount that will trap a lot of people in a cycle of debt from interest though.

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/...lained-1333092

I got notification of the change a while back but doesn't affect me. I have an agreed overdraft facility with them but never used it. If I need to borrow cash, I use my virgin money account when then offer 0% and charge a cheeky 2% arrangement fee. So 2% if you pay within the 1 year term. Generally I could pay quicker but preloading the fee. I want my moneys worth!

But for the wife who would dip monthly into her overdraft facility, it would work out zero cost to use her credit card a pay off each month than to incur this new regime.

maviczap 22-02-20 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3112411)
Oh ffs! Every time I think things couldn't get worse, they do. Rapidly running out of string now. :(

Yes as Geo said I hope things get better for you too mate 🙁

garynortheast 22-02-20 08:44 AM

Thanks Mav and Geo. Crisis averted for now and back at the standard level of crap. I'll explain later.

Seeker 22-02-20 09:22 AM

Hope things pick up for you but remember: stop saying "what could possibly go wrong?" and "well, it can't get any worse." because the universe considers this a challenge.

admin 22-02-20 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3112474)
Thanks Mav and Geo. Crisis averted for now and back at the standard level of crap. I'll explain later.

[emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sir Trev 22-02-20 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeker (Post 3112475)
Hope things pick up for you but remember: stop saying "what could possibly go wrong?" and "well, it can't get any worse." because the universe considers this a challenge.

Agreed. I often think those sentiments about work and lo and behold the next crisis is much worse... Right now for me it's IR35. Is my income about to take a nosedive?

shiftin_gear98 22-02-20 05:37 PM

Mr Suzuki, why did he design the Gsxr1000 2003 so every 3000 miles when you need to change the oil you have to remove the side fairing. Which takes 5 mins to get off with minor swearing but ****ing ages and hand cramp to get the ****er back on. Mr Suzuki, you sir are a ****.

Hopefully it's easier the next time around.