SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Thames Valley (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   NEC Bike Show (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=98961)

KnightRider 02-11-07 05:28 PM

Re: NEC Bike Show

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1329898)
They didn't. I worked. Officers don't.

I have an autocom fitted. With an additional radio plugged in, it's possible to have rider-to-rider comms. Personally, not interested in it.

If the Ape isn't offering any of his experience I guess you are stuck with my expertise. Which is a shame cause I got all my info from a website called "walkietalkie.com"!!

Jon

ASM-Forever 02-11-07 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1329898)
They didn't. I worked. Officers don't.

I have an autocom fitted. With an additional radio plugged in, it's possible to have rider-to-rider comms. Personally, not interested in it.

Typical anti-social ape. :p

Stig 03-11-07 08:30 AM

I just think it would be too much of a distraction. Being able to hear and speak to your pillion is one thing, but being distracted by another rider yapping in your ear I think is not so cool.

I really don't understand people that get lost in a group. If all the group were to talk to each other and understand what to do if you lose the rider in front / behind, then you shouldn't lose riders. No need to communicate otherwise.

Well that's what I think anyway. :rolleyes:

KnightRider 03-11-07 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1330186)
I really don't understand people that get lost in a group.

Have you ever riden with Warthog or Philbut? If so you would understand that they dont understand the concept of keeping you in their mirrors.

StreetHawk 03-11-07 02:14 PM

Personally i'm with the Ape on this one... I think it's distracting and dangerous TBH!

ASM-Forever 03-11-07 03:36 PM

I agree that incessant chatter is a pain in the ass, but in all seriousness who wouldn't want a dose of ASM in their ear, to make the ride complete. :)

Warthog 05-11-07 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 1330270)
Have you ever riden with Warthog or Philbut? If so you would understand that they dont understand the concept of keeping you in their mirrors.

Don't you understand the requirement to ride fast enough to see my face in my mirror?? :p

iaincX04 05-11-07 04:11 PM

If you buy tickets in advance, there's a free Oxford neck warmer pack for everybody - joy!

ASM-Forever 05-11-07 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iaincX04 (Post 1331730)
If you buy tickets in advance, there's a free Oxford neck warmer pack for everybody - joy!

I'm pretty sure you can buy a ticket for £15 and get 3 free neckwarmers OR for £13 with no freebies.

ogden 06-11-07 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1330186)
Being able to hear and speak to your pillion is one thing, but being distracted by another rider yapping in your ear I think is not so cool.

I really don't understand people that get lost in a group. If all the group were to talk to each other and understand what to do if you lose the rider in front / behind, then you shouldn't lose riders. No need to communicate otherwise.

If you can't keep up when riding in a group, you're riding in the wrong group.

Besides, the last thing I want to hear when riding is other people yapping.

No, scratch that. The last thing I want to hear when riding is that grinding sound when plastic meets tarmac. And then the air ambulance.