SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Ecosse (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   GM IV Idle banter and turn me on thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=166368)

haggis 15-06-11 12:13 AM

Re: GM IV Idle banter and turn me on thread

Courtesy of Google images....

http://moblog.net/view/222696/biggest-burger-ever

As said before "suck it up!"

Viney 15-06-11 08:42 AM

Crikey and i thought people from Yorkcestershire where a touchy bunch!

*Runs away*

dizzyblonde 15-06-11 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viney (Post 2557680)
Crikey and i thought people from Yorkcestershire where a touchy bunch!

*Runs away*

We're a loverly bunch of coconuts, you cheeky bugger:p, the further North you go the more grumpy they get...over the borders worse:safe:

#hides with you, before Peg sees#

As for burgers, I see an episode of 'Man V Food' coming on!

Dave20046 15-06-11 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haggis (Post 2557589)
Courtesy of Google images....

http://moblo:smt118g.net/view/222696...st-burger-ever

As said before "suck it up!"

:smt118

..I'm there

The Guru 15-06-11 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quedos (Post 2557655)
... i don't need added stress its not good for me..

:confused:
Why are you stressed? Its a bike run and a social event.. :riding: :drink:

Quote:

...Stuarty you posted this - Just to say that, there is no obligation for anyone to do the rideout or any part of it. It is also entirely your choice if you want to do your own detours. It's entirely your choice if you want to do any loops twice.
To me this make it sound like you don't really mind who actually turns up for your ride. You are merely providing info about a route that just happens to be running that weekend. The weekend that is designed as riding weekend (thread from last year debating differences between AR & GM) I thought you would have wanted everybody to do it...

He's right though. If people want to go they go. If it bothered him that much about whos going or not he'd be stressed out. :rolleyes:

Quote:

...On a side note - you better ask all the photographers from last year to remove their photographs of you as you were wearing Hi Vis with a SV650 logo on it. ( yes its petty but I know how much it means to you )

Yup. extremely petty.

The forum doesn't need this sh!t. Grow up.

stuartyboy 15-06-11 09:57 AM

Quote:

OK. I'm transferring the chat from the Itinerary over to here so as not derail that further.

I've kept quiet where I can as I know first hand the effort required to organise this. I also know what its like to get smash and hassle about the efforts and how hard it can be not to take this personally. But its reached a point where enough is enough I have to say something. I've slept on it and still it riles me. (and i don't need added stress its not good for me)
AND i do not want it deleted as negativity as everything seems to be - All the carp that I had to deal with last year didn't get deleted so I see no reason why this should!

Stuarty you posted this - Just to say that, there is no obligation for anyone to do the rideout or any part of it. It is also entirely your choice if you want to do your own detours. It's entirely your choice if you want to do any loops twice.
To me this make it sound like you don't really mind who actually turns up for your ride. You are merely providing info about a route that just happens to be running that weekend. The weekend that is designed as riding weekend (thread from last year debating differences between AR & GM) I thought you would have wanted everybody to do it.

IP stated "sigh" - as in that 15 days before the event the route has been changed you did say it was to be 260miles. I too was surprised at this. This time last year you said it was all sorted so last minute changes are unexpected.

There are other stating that that they make break up and go do their own thing and others debating whether to come at all. They get told not be hasty and get told the joys of this road

Yet when IP tells you he debating not coming ( which from a logistic point as organiser is helpful so you can finalise numbers) he gets treated to a torrent which is bascially a FoFF you don't want him there.
I'm not speaking for him - he more than capable of doing that himself - but its too personal and not called for.
Consistency??? or do you think a local lad is an easier target?
Though I will give you this - you have the guts, that this time at least you have done it on the fourm as opposed to sending a PM i'm sure the others you have told they will not be welcome either are glad you grown some.

If he wasn't supporting the GM, he would have been going to the AR but thot to support your one instead. Though that would be another of the conspiracy group that you wouldn't have to keep looking over your shoulder gone wouldn't it?

So on a personal note I'm going to say thanks - for putting the effort in and getting a route sorted and the accom sorted and for doing exactly what I done last year and you slated me for.

On a side note - you better ask all the photographers from last year to remove their photographs of you as you were wearing Hi Vis with a SV650 logo on it. ( yes its petty but I know how much it means to you )

Post noted

JamesMio 15-06-11 10:16 AM

http://www.lineonedist.co.uk/pics/pr.../RogueGrip.jpg

Here, is a grip. For anyone that requires or wishes one.

For the rest of us, 2 days of motorbikes on open, flowing highland roads, some beer, some banter and almost certainly a lot of abuse.

THAT sounds just dandy to me, peace out people.

JamesMio 15-06-11 10:32 AM

I'll get me spray can out, I've heard anough stories about you to know you're best kept sweet! ;o)

Love up people, without wishing to belittle any of this or any other year's organisation efforts... (I got stressed out trying to heard 18 guys to Cardiff for a Stag Do, never mind an unknown number of bikers for accomodation/eateries etc).

It's only a bloody bike run after all's said and done!

As with any event, rideout, gathering, place or party - we all choose whether we want to go or not.

Mr 'Photo's comment was perhaps a tad ill-placed on the thread designed to whip up interest, and Mr 'Boy's retort didn't particularly do much to calm, the jets either.

Keep it cool kids - we're all 2-wheeler's after all, and there's no shortage of other types to pick a fight with.

stuartyboy 15-06-11 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quedos (Post 2558006)
and ditto - 2 days on highland roads - I can't wait and the abuse has to be there its part of the GM ( remember the abuse hurled Gm2)

Noted

stuartyboy 15-06-11 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesMio (Post 2558010)
Mr 'Photo's comment was perhaps a tad ill-placed on the thread designed to whip up interest, and Mr 'Boy's retort didn't particularly do much to calm, the jets either.

James mate - my comment was posted after discussion and is supported. HTH