SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

ophic 11-11-14 05:27 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

The idea is to make money overall. Or at least, reduce losses. They do pay you rent!

Bluepete 11-11-14 05:29 PM

Lazy fecktards at work.

Feckin lazy feckin fecktards.

That is all.

Pete ;)

maviczap 11-11-14 06:30 PM

Oh dear Pete, not another bad day at work. :(

pookie 11-11-14 06:38 PM

the word "no"

Bluepete 11-11-14 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2988308)
Oh dear Pete, not another bad day at work. :(

No

Pete ;)

Sorry Pookie

ManMango 11-11-14 07:11 PM

Just moved out to a mates for a couple of months until I get my new place in Cornwall. No where to store the bike. Mo bike cover... Yet.

Amadeus 11-11-14 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ophic (Post 2988247)
Off to the DPS for you then! Or perhaps your agent should do this.

Deposit is with an independent body, but it does come down to what's reasonable wear and tear.
The guy has phoned the agents threatening to come down there, saying "I'm not stupid", wanting his deposit back. I'm hoping that the agents side with us on this one.
The only reason we rented it was because the person who had said they would buy the house backed out the day before exchange (just walked away, wasn't looking to do a deal).

Red ones 11-11-14 08:15 PM

Gripe of the day - What is yours?

If the original agent had the tenancy agreement and were then bought out, isn't it the responsibility of the new agent to get the agreement updated?

That said, writing on walls, stains and cobwebs are not wear and tear.

Wear and tear means things like carpet being worn a little bit more and wallpaper being a bit more tired. If you say a carpet had a life time of 10 years it means a suitable bit of the wear towards its lifespan. The deposit is for cleaning the carpet stasis, removing the writing on the walls and fusing the cobwebs. It's not for a new carpet or a full redecoration.

Amadeus 11-11-14 08:27 PM

The problem is that it seems that the original agent didn't get a signed tenancy agreement from the tenants.

As for the carpet stains, I think some can be removed, others (downstairs loo) look more permanent but that's a much smaller area so that's less of a problem.

It's just a PITA!

ophic 11-11-14 08:35 PM

You don't need one. There's a default contract in law in the absence of a written one. A detailed inventory of the property's condition prior to them moving in would be handy. Also if there was a contract but it wasn't signed, I think you can claim that continuing to live there without disputing it constitutes acceptance. Possibly a grey area.