SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   New Years Eve (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=160983)

danf1234 29-12-10 05:23 PM

New Years Eve

Well I have decided I can't be bothered with the whole going out and getting smashed thing this year.

I am going to stay sober and cook the wife and my 11 year old lad a meal.

I guess my age is catching up with me. No interest in fighting to get to bars etc any more!

Specialone 29-12-10 05:29 PM

Re: New Years Eve

Its the taxis for me that puts me off, also i resent paying £20 into pubs that are normally free, pure profiteering.
There are no decent pubs that close i could walk to, not that bothered tbh.

Bluefish 29-12-10 05:44 PM

you old feckers, i'll be staying in too lol. ;)

danf1234 29-12-10 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialone (Post 2448658)
Its the taxis for me that puts me off, also i resent paying £20 into pubs that are normally free, pure profiteering.
There are no decent pubs that close i could walk to, not that bothered tbh.

Yeah that winds me up as well!

Specialone 29-12-10 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluefishman (Post 2448685)
you old feckers, i'll be staying in too lol. ;)

Lol :)
Next year ill hopefully have my games room constructed at the bottom of my small garden so wont care about expensive pubs :)

Fruity-ya-ya 29-12-10 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialone (Post 2448695)
Next year ill hopefully have my games room constructed at the bottom of my small garden so wont care about expensive pubs :)

Oh yeah!

Party at Phils!

danf1234 29-12-10 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialone (Post 2448695)

Games room - How cool is that.

Bluepete 29-12-10 05:50 PM

I'm now officially that much of an old fart that I doubt I'll even be up at midnight!

Never liked it, hated working it for that past decade and more, so I'm making the best of having it off by...

sleeping!

Pete ;)

danf1234 29-12-10 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluepete (Post 2448704)
I'm now officially that much of an old fart that I doubt I'll even be up at midnight!

Never liked it, hated working it for that past decade and more, so I'm making the best of having it off by...

sleeping!

Pete ;)

Pete,

If I did your job I don't think I could be ar5ed with it either!

Dan

TamSV 29-12-10 05:53 PM

I've been avoiding going out on that particular night for many years. All the amateur drinkers are out, you can't get to the bar, then standing about in the cold waiting for the next scuffle to break out at the taxi rank. Couldn't be bothered with it when I was a young lad - so I certainly won't endure it now.

Fruity-ya-ya 29-12-10 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamSV (Post 2448712)
I've been avoiding going out on that particular night for many years. All the amateur drinkers are out, you can't get to the bar, then standing about in the cold waiting for the next scuffle to break out at the taxi rank. Couldn't be bothered with it when I was a young lad - so I certainly won't endure it now.

What are they serving at the retirement home this year? ;)

TamSV 29-12-10 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruity-ya-ya (Post 2448722)
What are they serving at the retirement home this year? ;)

Bloody cheek. It's a clip round the ear for you. Just as soon as I... get.. out.. this.. chair.. ah never mind. :p

Specialone 29-12-10 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruity-ya-ya (Post 2448700)
Oh yeah!

Party at Phils!

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf1234 (Post 2448703)
Games room - How cool is that.

:cool: :)

Fruity-ya-ya 29-12-10 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamSV (Post 2448729)
Bloody cheek. It's a clip round the ear for you. Just as soon as I... get.. out.. this.. chair.. ah never mind. :p

LOL I agree, we only do friends parties for exactly the same reason.
Good thing next door are having a bash.
Drinking, singing and general merriment - can't wait.

Shellywoozle 29-12-10 06:30 PM

Going to a party at my brothers which is always good by the bits I remember.

I shall be very merry and see in 2011 with my head down the pan no doubt. I refuse to get crushed in a club and pay double for the privilege.

Happy new year all x x

Jdubya 29-12-10 06:56 PM

Going to be at a BBQ at my Sister's Oop Norf in County Durham...

Milky Bar Kid 29-12-10 07:22 PM

I will possibly be sleeping by midnight, hate hogmonay!

Sally 29-12-10 07:23 PM

Good chance I will be absolutely blootered.

Is there ever a better excuse?

Dicky Ticker 29-12-10 07:37 PM

Its not the distance to the pub that is the problem,the distance from the pub is.
I will sampling the delights of Liverpool this year.

timwilky 29-12-10 07:47 PM

The meme sahib and I, will be celebrating the arrival of our new year some hours after you lot in New Orleans.

At least the senior members of the forum know how to enjoy ourselves

Bluepete 29-12-10 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky (Post 2448797)
The meme sahib and I, will be celebrating the arrival of our new year some hours after you lot in New Orleans.

At least the senior members of the forum know how to enjoy ourselves

That's one hell of a distance for a decent cooked breakfast!

Pete ;)

Ch00 29-12-10 08:40 PM

I will be up town directing traffic and shouting at drunk people. Woop frigging woop.....

kellyjo 29-12-10 08:54 PM

I hate New Years, it always feel like everyone else is having more fun than me!!

I'll be spending it watching DVDs and playing board games with the kids, prodding them every 5 mins to keep them awake til midnight, then having them in bed fast asleep by two minutes past :p

Whyte25 29-12-10 09:16 PM

[QUOTE=Shellywoozle:Going to a party at my brothers which is always good by the bits I remember.

Happy new year all x x [/QUOTE]

And to you "shellywoozle" & anyone else who wishes to accept this greeting :smt039

D. x

dizzyblonde 29-12-10 09:16 PM

A pub?? On New Years Eve????

Can't remember the last time I went out then. Actually I can, you need a ticket to get in anywhere round here these days, even local pubs, don't bother too much money. Nice Hootananny instead with the other half gettting merry together.

xXBADGERXx 29-12-10 09:23 PM

I`ve got the pleasure of having Davepreston and his Mrs coming to stay at the Badgers Sett :) , we shall decide what to do nearer the time

dizzyblonde 29-12-10 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx (Post 2448830)
we shall decide what to do nearer the time

Hmmm let me see now....nowt to be decidin with the Preston about....A small selection of parlour games should suffice:drink:

lily 29-12-10 09:40 PM

staying in with my hubby.....

went and got a couple of pizza's today from asda, and some booze and some treats, no doubt I will be in bed before midnight and drew will be playing on the PC or PS3.

appollo1 29-12-10 09:51 PM

I can't be bothered with the going out and having all the annoying drunks barging inot me all night then looking for a fight. Way to old for all that nonsense. i normally wait up til midnight to see the new year in with a cheeky little drink in my hand.

However this year I am working and will be transporting drunks home at silly o'clock in the morning.

missyburd 29-12-10 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx (Post 2448830)
I`ve got the pleasure of having Davepreston and his Mrs coming to stay at the Badgers Sett :) , we shall decide what to do nearer the time

I have three words for you Badger...

... HIDE. THE. COMPUTER.

Happy New Year :-P We're off out boogy-ing for the evening, should be a laugh

metalangel 30-12-10 06:35 AM

I've been punched in the head by drunken tw*ts enough times to not be interested in NYE any more. Staying in, with some cheese and crackers and pate, and relaxing.

Rai86 30-12-10 09:06 AM

Off to a party in Camden. Should be good, going to go see the sites on saturday. Looking forward to it, never really been round london

Bri w 30-12-10 09:39 AM

At my sister's.

She got the Michael Jackson dance thingy for the Wii. Allegedly we're having an MJ fancy dress/dance comp...

Me and the bruv in law have other ideas that involve another form of wobbly legs

Viney 30-12-10 09:50 AM

Im in a bit of a quandry to be honest. I was all set to go down my mates and to his local, which i did last year and it was a laff. However, my mum's date has let her down so she will be on her own. So what do i do. Stay in whilst my mum falls asleep (Which she will do) on the sofa, or go down the pub? Im not a fan of the whole new year thing anyway. Everyone builds it up to something that its not.

Viney 30-12-10 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai86 (Post 2448948)
Off to a party in Camden. Should be good, going to go see the sites on saturday. Looking forward to it, never really been round london

New year day parade happens every year in Central london, thats quite good.

I'll probably wander up to Hyde park.

Rai86 30-12-10 09:56 AM

oo think i will go have a looky at that then. Cheers V :D

Viney 30-12-10 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai86 (Post 2448976)
oo think i will go have a looky at that then. Cheers V :D

http://www.londonparade.co.uk/

slark01 30-12-10 01:55 PM

Was going out, but baba is poorly and so is the babysitter ( nan ). Will just have to have a naked wii party night instead. Better let the wife know first ;-) .

Ste

Tapatalk

missyburd 30-12-10 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viney (Post 2448970)
Stay in whilst my mum falls asleep (Which she will do) on the sofa, or go down the pub?

Why not take your mum down to the pub with you and get her a taxi when she falls asleep there lol

malks 30-12-10 06:57 PM

im going snowboarding tomorrow up north with a big group of friends. maybe stop off somewhere on the way home and get some dinner, then if i can be bothered i may head out for a few beers for the bells.

not overly fussed the whole things gets way too hyped up. i like just having a chilled out one with friends.