SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Rideouts & Meetings (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Hardy bikers Lake district rideout final details (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=98927)

Smudge 22-10-07 02:58 PM

Hardy bikers Lake district rideout final details

ok here is the route, starting at 12 o'clock on the 10th of Nov meeting at Lancaster north services just off the M6 below junction 33 please could everyone be there to set off at 12 so we dont have to ride in the dark ooo scary

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl...&z=8&om=0&pw=2

and here is the accomodation thanks to Lissa for doing yet another blinder, which is £16 pay on arrival with tea coffee and a light (probs continental) breakfast
http://www.englishlakesbackpackers.co.uk/frame.html

plowsie 22-10-07 03:07 PM

Re: Hardy bikers Lake district rideout final details

On the 10th November :D

requestion permission from Richie to make as a sticky for a while....

stewie 22-10-07 03:12 PM

Just so everyone knows, Lancaster north services used to be known as Forton services, you,ll know it cos it restraunt looks like a U.F.O. Sorry to put a spanner in already but how about meeting at 11 am and having something to eat before we set off ?

Smudge 22-10-07 03:17 PM

yep thats why i put to set off at 12, so be quite this is a Plowsie thread and you not allowed to fill it with your yarder yarder yarder lol

stewie 22-10-07 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmudgeK3 (Post 1320122)
yep thats why i put to set off at 12, so be quite this is a Plowsie thread and you not allowed to fill it with your yarder yarder yarder lol

oh right, fair enough, sorry :oops:

Smudge 22-10-07 03:24 PM

look Plowsie hes done another post oh no so have i shhh

Bluepete 22-10-07 03:36 PM

Anyone who wants to meet at Rivvy for a group ride to Forton, let me know!

Girth 22-10-07 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluePete (Post 1320140)

I'll be going from there, if you want to get something arranged?

timwilky 22-10-07 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluePete (Post 1320140)

Hi Pete.

Put me down as a definite maybe

Bluepete 22-10-07 06:16 PM

Lets say 10.00am at Rivvy, then we don't have to rush. Bit of elevensys at Forton for the 12.00 kick off!
Tim, do you know a route through all those lanes from Longridge to Forton, Looks a nightmare without local knowlege.
If not, from Rivvy to Belmont, left to J4 M65, past Houghton Tower, up to Clayton le Dale, Ribchester, Longridge, then work our way onto the M6 north via the M55.

timwilky 22-10-07 07:04 PM

No problem from longridge.

Actually I would recommend right just before you get into Ribchester (Stoneygate Lane) part of the old roman road system round there and straight across Clitheroe road by the old pub that they are doing up. A blast over Jeffery Hill and left at the end and head down to Thornley, Past Ferraris/Derby Arms and turn right on the left hander at the Alston arms. Follow this road (Inglewhite Road) past the Horns Inn, Through Inglewhite (30 means scamera van) and down the hill. Just after the 90 left, turn right in front of the white iron railings into Lydiate Lane,Claughton on Brock. Over the hump back bridge and follow the road past the works services for the M6. Turn right at the T juction Smithy Lane, and follow the road (Strickens lane) past Calder Vale all the way to Oakenclough. At the old fire engine outside Oakenclough Mill turn left over Oakenclough moor and glance down at Forton services/M6 in the distance.

Second left after the moor is Stony Lane and takes you straight down to Forton Services. (Now I would not suggest you get on the M6 at the services)

SAd I know round there, But parents lived accross from Oakenclough Mill and now live in Lydiate Lane. so I have spent some time round there

Bluepete 22-10-07 07:16 PM

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Richie 22-10-07 10:50 PM

Just Seen this route...
I might be able to join you at A6... as long as I get her in doors permission and an overnight stay on Friday with Mum & Dad.
as they only live about 35 miles from there.

Baph 23-10-07 09:38 AM

So far, things are still looking good for me to join the ride, but this may change. :(

Richie 24-10-07 05:19 PM

Right had a word with her in doors, No probablems.
Had a word with my Sister ref: Accommadation and again no prob's for Friday night...
So I pop over to my sisters on Friday stay the night and 5 minutes later after leaving her I'll be at Forton Services... on the M6 North...

See you all there.

Lissa 24-10-07 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie (Post 1321927)
Right had a word with her in doors, No probablems.
Had a word with my Sister ref: Accommadation and again no prob's for Friday night...
So I pop over to my sisters on Friday stay the night and 5 minutes later after leaving her I'll be at Forton Services... on the M6 North...

See you all there.

Will you be looking like you do on the calendar? :D

Bluepete 24-10-07 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1321931)
Will you be looking like you do on the calendar? :D

PLEASE GOD NO!

Richie 25-10-07 05:26 AM

All depends on how warm it is? ;-)

charlie13 26-10-07 06:19 PM

if it's not an imposition i'll join you guys going from rivvy to forton. It's on my way from huddersfield to the meet & it'd be great to finally meet up and ride with you folks from the forum

Richie 26-10-07 10:59 PM

I'll be leaving you guys at Penrith, as your heading south back to Ambleside, I'll be going east over Hartside...then the teesdale valleys:smt077

Luckypants 26-10-07 11:00 PM

Not staying over to drink whisky? Shame on you!

plowsie 26-10-07 11:01 PM

Laphroig? I got baileys, ouzo and caramelo vodka....Tempted rich?

Bluepete 27-10-07 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowsie (Post 1323985)
Laphroig? I got baileys, ouzo and caramelo vodka....Tempted rich?

All in one glass? :smt078

timwilky 27-10-07 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 1323984)

Don't drink whisky:---), it makes me loud and sleepy

Bluepete 27-10-07 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky (Post 1324063)
Don't drink whisky:---), it makes me loud and argumentative

Sorted.

Richie 29-10-07 11:46 PM

Bringer of bad news...

kirkstone pass, closed from 5. Nov for 5 days due to resurfacing.

plowsie 30-10-07 01:25 AM

Cat amongst a few pigeons comes to mind :lol:

As for the all in one glass.....I'll do it...why not :lol:

timwilky 30-10-07 08:44 AM

Well I suggest a detour called Shap then

Smudge 30-10-07 09:09 AM

im just trying to get in touch with the local council to ask if it will take the 5 days as it says upto, and that ends on the 10th

timwilky 30-10-07 10:14 AM

Depends what they are going to resurface it with. Can you imagine the twisty Kirskstone resurfaced in diesel emulating SMA on a damp November. Could be "fun"

Luckypants 30-10-07 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky (Post 1326510)
Depends what they are going to resurface it with. Can you imagine the twisty Kirskstone resurfaced in diesel emulating SMA on a damp November. Could be "fun"

Why would they resurface it with baby milk? :confused:

timwilky 30-10-07 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 1326570)
Why would they resurface it with baby milk? :confused:

As well you know, this baby milk stuff is Stone Mastic Asphalt and when newly laid can have the same characteristics of trying to ride on an ice rink.

plowsie 30-10-07 12:30 PM

Okay just gonna express/reitterate thoughts on pace and the weekend etc...(sorry to be the grandad bout it all)

If the rider infront of you is tearing off and you feel that you cant push any more than you already are - DON'T! Simple Rule - Ride within your limits! We dont want to be adding you to the list of offs and broken bones lately.

Anyone who feels uncomfortable without anyone in front (DoubleD comes to mind) ask someone, i'm sure someone will happily help out, and without a doubt it will help you improve, it worked for me :)

I'm sure Smudge will delegate some sort of marking system or we will all decide on the day so don't worry about gettin lost (even if you do get lost, just ride back and forth and find some fun roads like i do :D)

BE AWARE OF CRAP IN THE ROADS - Mud, stones, leaves even areas that are wet and slippy in some and not others etc.

Dont forget ya camera lol i normally bloody do. Don't feel forced to go out and buy one though cos we always have a jumble of others gettting some good snaps.

Most of all - Enjoy your day/weekend out with the people your with, I always have done and i count account for most people(dont know some) in this ride being great people, I havent ever come across a bad forum member been a tosser except myself :)

Anyone wanna give out mobile numbers? PM if ya do - Public forum n all that, most of us have each others i think, list of people going so far are:

Smudge
Stewie
Plowsie
Slark01
James
Pete and Lissa
Pmapp & Daz
Melody
Girth
600+ and better half
Baph
Luckypants
Sv to gsxr
DoubleD
Tomcat
Bluepete
Richie
Charlie13

Who else? There are 2 more i think....

Most of what i have just said is common knowledge so feel free to hurl abuse, but just wanna make sure everyone is cool and know whats goin on.

petevtwin650 30-10-07 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowsie (Post 1326649)
BE AWARE OF CRAP IN THE ROADS - Mud, stones, leaves even areas that are wet and slippy in some and not others etc.

Well, Smudgepants will be leading. :p:p:p:p

Smudge 30-10-07 12:54 PM

hey will have a less of that, anyway should be like a video game for ya Pete. well said Plowsie we will have a short brief before we set off, and about marking the junctions clearly so you dont get lost again, but i do think that was James's plan as he was round the corner hiding lol

Luckypants 30-10-07 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky (Post 1326622)
As well you know, this baby milk stuff is Stone Mastic Asphalt and when newly laid can have the same characteristics of trying to ride on an ice rink.

I knew that :shaking:

charlie13 30-10-07 06:24 PM

Put me on ya list Plowsie :-) EDIT - perhaps I need to wear my glasses more while i'm on the pc, there I am at the bottom

Richie 31-10-07 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 1323984)

The Next morning I've a Rememberace Parade in No2 dress uniform in Hudderfield now. So I need to be in work for about 8am, and a night out with you will see me in tatters again...:smt056
maybe next time my good fellows

lancasterlad 01-11-07 06:17 PM

im in lancaster at work till 11 but will come after work. not got a sv now ive just got the ccm, super moto

yorkie_chris 01-11-07 11:04 PM

Can I come play too?