SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2008 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   AR08 Activity Ideas... (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=94070)

Bear 26-07-07 07:28 AM

AR08 Activity Ideas...

So, basically, a few ideas for what we can do on the campsite to bring us all closer as a family... I'm thinking cheap ass scooters, some kind of dirt track, and regional races.

I'm also thinking cheap ass scooter with a topbox full of prizes, 4 baseball bats and a game of "Pizza boy Pinyata"

What's the thoughts?

BTW: I'm volunteering for first Pizza Boy to kick things off...

You will be disqualified and eaten if you hit the rider rather than the top box...

Grinch 26-07-07 08:56 AM

Re: AR08 Activity Ideas...

Chase the Grinch... ;-)

Jester666 26-07-07 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinch (Post 1246794)
Chase the Grinch... ;-)

Only if you colour your chest hair Blue!! ;)

Jester666 26-07-07 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear (Post 1246699)
You will be disqualified and eaten if you hit the rider rather than the top box...

You mean like this? http://www.addictinggames.com/danger...brutalbob.html

Grinch 26-07-07 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester666 (Post 1246845)
Only if you colour your chest hair Blue!! ;)

Well I'm going to have to do something better, so it might be on the cards.

Law 26-07-07 10:32 AM

Is it possible to get a dirt track?

How about motorcycle football?

Grinch 26-07-07 10:36 AM

Why don't we keep it simple... and just do 5 a-side, maybe regional teams if there is enough people.

Viney 26-07-07 11:30 AM

Not football. How boring. i like bears idea. Cant we just get a real Pizza boy?

Ok serious suggestions. How about a bike treasure hunt instead of a ride out?

timwilky 26-07-07 11:51 AM

game we used to play.

Borrow a couple of scooters. teams equipped with sledge hammers, axes etc.

Winning team is the one after 5 minutes with the smallest biggest bit of a scooter. Prize even more beer.

Or for those of you into doing you've been framed vid's. A quick trip into town. find the scooters and hacksaw 3/4 through the down tube that holds front to back. Let scooter boy set off and vids running till he enters first pot hole. Yup you've just been framed.

Petrol bombing the things is always a drive by activity.

Oh was I really that nasty in the 70s. Yup, still looking for my revenge after 4 parka wearing masterbaiters realigned my jaw.

However, How about a good old game of murder ball. We could use a pizza boys head instead of ball if one is available. Two teams, objective to place ball in opponents net/mat etc. usual rules apply. No eye guaging and if you break an opponents arm/leg/ribs. You got to make sure they/bike get home safely.

sarah 26-07-07 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viney (Post 1246981)
How about a bike treasure hunt instead of a ride out?

sounds fun

Grinch 26-07-07 11:59 AM

Quote:

Will that include clues (riddles) and a map?

Law 26-07-07 12:26 PM

Quote:

I wasn't talking about real football. That's way too serious and competitive. More like car football that Top Gear did with cars and a large inflatable, but with scooters instead.

Does it have to be something with motorcycles?

A game of British Bulldog kitted up?

Moffatt666 26-07-07 12:49 PM

I like the sound of 'ScooterBall.' And British Bulldog in leathers? could be fun :D

sarah 26-07-07 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Law (Post 1247020)
I wasn't talking about real football. That's way too serious and competitive. More like car football that Top Gear did with cars and a large inflatable, but with scooters instead.

Does it have to be something with motorcycles?

A game of British Bulldog kitted up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moffatt666 (Post 1247049)
I like the sound of 'ScooterBall.' And British Bulldog in leathers? could be fun :D

british bulldogs is fun as is sack football (cross between 5-a-side footie and sack race)

Dan 26-07-07 12:59 PM

Quote:

How about a bike treasure hunt instead of a ride out?

Now that's a bloody good idea. :thumbsup:

stewie 26-07-07 01:11 PM

Quote:

I did one of these recently, thought it would be boring but was a right laugh in the end

hovis 26-07-07 02:43 PM

doctors & nurses?

Dan 26-07-07 02:48 PM

Blind (Hovis + Grinch) Date?

Viney 26-07-07 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinch (Post 1247006)
Will that include clues (riddles) and a map?

Yup.

We could have teams, beit regional or whatever. Have clues, certain things to find, a route of such that most people would have to ride round finding the things that clues hint to. PEople with the local knowledge would be markers etc. Maybe a prize for the winning team

Would involve maps (No satnav)

I think it would be good. However i think that im setting myself up for some organising here. Not a problem, but would need it to be a definite.

Stingo 27-07-07 08:46 PM

And then in the evening we can do the 'Thriller' dance as interpreted by the .org - lubrication compulsory prior to attempting this feat. Who's bringing the ghetto blaster?

stewie 27-07-07 11:13 PM

tbh Im surprised that no one has suggested putting a band together for one night only, there seems to be plenty of guitarists out there, can you imagine it
hello bruton *sound of crowd roaring * are you ready to rock ? etc...

sorry I kind of jumped the gun saying Bruton, so until we decide its 'hello ********* are you ready to rock etc..

Tara 28-07-07 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 1248289)
tbh Im surprised that no one has suggested putting a band together for one night only, there seems to be plenty of guitarists out there, can you imagine it
hello bruton *sound of crowd roaring * are you ready to rock ? etc...

I'd be up for that i used to sing a bit before I moved down that is if you were looking for singers

Lissa 28-07-07 08:39 AM

How about a scavenger hunt? They are hilarious, and doing one on bikes would be a real challenge.

Each 'team' would be given a list of items to scavenge, and have a set amount of time to collect as many as possible. Each item would be worth a certain amount of points, depending on rarity and difficulty, and the team with the most points could win a prize.:D

on yer bike 28-07-07 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1248351)
How about a scavenger hunt? They are hilarious, and doing one on bikes would be a real challenge.

Each 'team' would be given a list of items to scavenge, and have a set amount of time to collect as many as possible. Each item would be worth a certain amount of points, depending on rarity and difficulty, and the team with the most points could win a prize.:D

Now that idea I like

sarah 28-07-07 03:06 PM

Quote:

that's a great idea

Dan 28-07-07 05:31 PM

Quote:

Even better than the treasure hunt idea. Bags I'm on a team with Richie... whatever's on the list he'll have it in the boot of his car :rolleyes:

Kinvig 28-07-07 06:18 PM

monkey bikes & a junior kick start competition!

dizzyblonde 30-07-07 03:34 PM

Quote:

scavenger hunt....does that mean roadkill :scratch: ;) i'd be good at that one!!!

plowsie 30-07-07 03:39 PM

How about go into the local town and play find a chav on a scootay n drive at 25mph in front of them but box em in :D

EDIT: TBH at the AR/AE i really wanted to make an oval track on the site, the wet grass woulda bin fun, i think the scooter racing or football is good.

yorkie_chris 30-07-07 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowsie (Post 1249672)
i think the scooter racing or football is good.

Its going to hurt kicking a scooter around :p

diamond 31-07-07 07:35 AM

Do you not think were all a bit competitive for a treasure hunt, especially if there's prizes. Most people won't know the roads wherever we end up going and to have 60 bikers chasing round roads they don't know trying to be first to each clue might turn in to a nightmare. Good idea for a regional rideout though, where people are familiar with the roads.

plowsie 01-08-07 09:29 AM

5-a side footie could be a good idea if we split up into regions, if there are spares from regions then there would be A,B and maybe even C teams. Or even cricket could be an idea, regional cricket orrrrrrr joint regional cricket.

stewie 01-08-07 09:33 AM

Ive just realised what we should do 'its a knock out' seventies stylee, eddie waring might be a problem but I ll bet stuart hall would be up for it :D

Dan 01-08-07 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowsie (Post 1251204)
5-a side footie could be a good idea if we split up into regions, if there are spares from regions then there would be A,B and maybe even C teams. Or even cricket could be an idea, regional cricket orrrrrrr joint regional cricket.

Please god not football. Rounders is fairly inclusive and non-divisive though.

plowsie 01-08-07 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRCSixtyThree (Post 1251220)
Please god not football. Rounders is fairly inclusive and non-divisive though.

I thought that, rounders on scooters :lol: roll up to bat on a scooter, could all end in tears if the grass is wet though lol.

yorkie_chris 01-08-07 04:46 PM

Wet grass eh? Scooter speedway :D

plowsie 01-08-07 08:10 PM

Like that :D

Jester666 02-08-07 11:59 AM

Is the campsite covered by the Air Ambulance? Sounds like we're going to need it! :D

Grinch 02-08-07 12:04 PM

Kiss chase?

Skip 02-08-07 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRCSixtyThree (Post 1251220)
Please god not football.

Goes for me too - if any kind of football is involved I aint coming! [-(