SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   East Anglian Revolution (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   *Cough* Rideout Planning *Cough* (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=123762)

Mr Speirs 13-01-09 01:05 PM

*Cough* Rideout Planning *Cough*

What?

Skip 13-01-09 01:30 PM

Re: *Cough* Rideout Planning *Cough*

Yeah Mike - gerrrrronwiiiiiittt! ;)

Lissa 13-01-09 05:38 PM

Why are we waiting, wh-hy are we waiting!:p

Mike2165 14-01-09 06:54 AM

I'm on it, I'm on it.

minifun 15-01-09 10:56 AM

I'd be up for a rideout - I might be back in Peterborough soon ish but its not too far to nip over from MK! lol

Mike2165 15-01-09 12:07 PM

Hello Minifun, I know you from the Peterborough Motorcycle Club.

minifun 15-01-09 12:22 PM

Lol - yes I think you do! :)

vzzzbuxt 20-01-09 01:04 PM

im in peterborough. not come across the 'Peterborough Motorcycle Club'.

have i been doing an ostrich impression then??

Skip 20-01-09 01:12 PM

C'mon Mike - whats the hold up??!! :smt072

:-D

Mr Speirs 20-01-09 01:28 PM

:)

plowsie 20-01-09 01:47 PM

Rideout maybe this Sunday (weather dependant) from N'pton, down some of my favourite roads, through to Buckingham and back up to N'pton the back way via Newport Pagnell almost.

Feel free to meet me at Sixfields at 11, or the burger van down the weedon road at 11.15.

Mr Speirs 20-01-09 01:50 PM

Plowsie were you out and about on Saturday??? Turning right onto the road towards Market Harborough???

plowsie 20-01-09 01:51 PM

Possibly...what time?

EDIT: Was out all day Sunday and was fecking about lunchtime yesterday too.

Mr Speirs 20-01-09 01:54 PM

erm about half four ish

plowsie 20-01-09 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Speirs (Post 1752375)
erm about half four ish

Highly doubt it, think I was at the missus, actually i'm sure I was at the missus's.

Your bolt is at mine BTW...Put mine on Sunday.

Mr Speirs 20-01-09 02:01 PM

Nice one. Ill pop round at some point when I get my new bank card. Had my card cloned by someone who then tried to use it in South Africa. Had all my accounts suspended.

plowsie 20-01-09 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Speirs (Post 1752393)
Nice one. Ill pop round at some point when I get my new bank card. Had my card cloned by someone who then tried to use it in South Africa. Had all my accounts suspended.

Your a joker, the same happened to me Sunday, mine was SA and Canada lol.
Its the Shell garages.

Mike2165 20-01-09 03:39 PM

I am still on it, went down some roads today I want to add, I promise to have it up on here by friday.

Mike2165 20-01-09 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vzzzbuxt (Post 1752259)
im in peterborough. not come across the 'Peterborough Motorcycle Club'.

have i been doing an ostrich impression then??

Er possibly.... www.peterboroughmotorcycle.co.uk. Meet on a wednesday night at 8 at The Cherry Tree, Oundle Rd, Peterborough. Go to the website for more info though

Skip 20-01-09 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike2165 (Post 1752543)
I promise to have it up on here by friday.

:cheers:

Mr Speirs 20-01-09 04:07 PM

Excellent I shall shave my greying beard off. Honestly thought I was going to die of old age :) Kidding Mike

Mike2165 20-01-09 06:32 PM

OK OK here it is, going from Red Lodge Cafe, to Wisbech Shell Garage then on some B roads (went on them today and are interesting) to Harley at Uppingham. Heres the link (cause I can't seem to put it on here!) http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?sou...d8d94b8e688b5e

I'm open to any suggestions, you all know you're more than welcome to add to the route or move it about if you know a better way. I am thinking if I can sort a route around it, of going round Benwick around Forty Foot Bank.

There's plenty of places that Sean and Scott can go off roading too!! ;)

Seggons 20-01-09 08:10 PM

That route looks good to me, it seems to have plenty of turns for me to go straight on at. :lol:

petevtwin650 21-01-09 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike2165 (Post 1752842)
There's plenty of places that Sean and Scott can go off roading too!! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seggons (Post 1752924)
That route looks good to me, it seems to have plenty of turns for me to go straight on at. :lol:

Google map appears to have allowed for this.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...roadingmap.jpg

If it's a bit chilly there is a cafe/ Little Chef, if it's still open, on the A47 just before Uppingham, that we could finish the run at. Play that bit by ear on the day maybe.

Good on you Mike. :cheers:

Skip 21-01-09 08:55 AM

Looks like a reasonable route - shame it finishes the opposite direction to where I live but then I guess that has to happen for someone!

When is this ride going to take place then Mike?

Sean_C 21-01-09 10:22 AM

Cant see the route on my iphone for some reason, when we get the internet back at home I'll have a gander. Roughly when are you thinking of doing it mike?

Mike2165 21-01-09 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 1753335)
Looks like a reasonable route - shame it finishes the opposite direction to where I live but then I guess that has to happen for someone!

When is this ride going to take place then Mike?

I did originally plan to start at Uppinham and finish at Red Lodge, but didn't know what time they're open til on sundays. I'm happy to do it that way if it's better for some people Skip.

As to when, I went down the B1166 yesterday, and at 12 noon the road was really icy. I have no preference to when so if everyone wants to say when they're free and ready to go, then we'll sort a definate date.

Skip 21-01-09 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike2165 (Post 1753810)
I did originally plan to start at Uppinham and finish at Red Lodge, but didn't know what time they're open til on sundays. I'm happy to do it that way if it's better for some people Skip.

As to when, I went down the B1166 yesterday, and at 12 noon the road was really icy. I have no preference to when so if everyone wants to say when they're free and ready to go, then we'll sort a definate date.

Goodness no don't plan it around me! :o

I am in two minds about changing bike too at the moment so my head is all over the place and I might not make it.

Sean_C 21-01-09 03:09 PM

As far as I'm aware the the truckers lodge is open 24/7, every day of the year. Not 100% on that though.

Seggons 21-01-09 05:22 PM

Regarding the date of this rideout the later the better for me personally. At the moment I'm not finding the roads all that fun. :)

plowsie 22-01-09 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seggons (Post 1754029)
Regarding the date of this rideout the later the better for me personally. At the moment I'm not finding the roads all that fun. :)

Why not, its great for experience? As long as its light and you can see whats coming? I find after I have ridden in the snow and ice, I ride a heck of a lot quicker in the rain than I first did.

Messie 22-01-09 04:56 PM

Go on, make it soon. I'm going to really try to make this one. Didn't make any of your rides last year for a variety of reasons, sorry.

But either starting or ending at Red Lodge works OK for me. Don't mind any weather, apart from thick fog and sideways snow!!

Mike2165 22-01-09 06:18 PM

I can't do the 1st or 8th of feb, but anything else is a welcome get away from the inside of my @*%@ing ensuite decorating

Seggons 22-01-09 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowsie (Post 1754802)
Why not, its great for experience? As long as its light and you can see whats coming? I find after I have ridden in the snow and ice, I ride a heck of a lot quicker in the rain than I first did.

I agree that it's great for experience, but when you go into a right hand bend and the bike goes left it's the kind'a experience that says you should of left the bike at home. Also when it does go wrong it costs a small fortune in repair bills. :D

Mike2165 23-01-09 04:19 PM

Scott I thought anytime you go out on a bike costs a small fortune in repair bills :)

plowsie 23-01-09 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seggons (Post 1755606)
I agree that it's great for experience, but when you go into a right hand bend and the bike goes left it's the kind'a experience that says you should of left the bike at home. Also when it does go wrong it costs a small fortune in repair bills. :D

How you manage to do that? Ice? I try no to ride like a dimlo on ice, mud? Too stiff, mud's not too bad as long as your loose and can ride it out without panicking?

Seggons 23-01-09 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike2165 (Post 1756782)
Scott I thought anytime you go out on a bike costs a small fortune in repair bills :)

It's not repair bills, it is the latest craze of modification. With all the missing bodywork I save 0.01 kg in weight. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowsie (Post 1756787)
How you manage to do that? Ice?

Yup.

Seggons 25-01-09 11:51 AM

As Mike cannot do the 1st or 8th of Feb we are left with:

15th Feb
22nd Feb
1st March
8th March

I personally can do any of those dates unless any driving lessons get in the way. What about everyone else?

Mike2165 26-01-09 12:48 PM

Unless anyone can't do it, shall we go for the 22nd?

Mr Speirs 28-01-09 11:35 AM

22nd Sounds good to me. Anyone else?