SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2007 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   The Safely Home Thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=92458)

Luckypants 01-07-07 02:03 PM

The Safely Home Thread

Thought I'd start a thread so everyone can report in.

I got home about 2:15, had a bath and am now human again.

It threw it down on the M6 / M56, but I'm still dry. Baby grows rock! :smt038

Tim in Belgium 01-07-07 02:08 PM

Re: The Safely Home Thread

Got home fine, only about 30 secs of rain, no need for baby grows :)

Richie 01-07-07 02:09 PM

got back at 12:30, with a hangover that would kill 3 students...
2nd glass of Andrews Salts....

dizzyblonde 01-07-07 02:09 PM

i can't have a bath. me dad took it away. just waiting for it to be put back in.....nice to be home though. We had a bit of a detour due to a flood on the way and saw the madest charity fun run ever..through one of the local villages

stewie 01-07-07 02:13 PM

Got home a little while ago I think, had shower, now on me 3rd Bud, happy days.

BILLY 01-07-07 02:13 PM

Got home about 2.50, despite the ****ed battery, sheep **** everywhere and the odd shower.

HANDS UP WHO'S HAPPY!!!

stewie 01-07-07 02:14 PM

Me, had a truly great weekend, cheers guys :)

on yer bike 01-07-07 02:15 PM

Alive and dry-ish

Mousetrapper 01-07-07 02:18 PM

Back safe and sound, no rain either!!

Quiff Wichard 01-07-07 02:26 PM

home !!

showered and all that jazz and now nicely rested and feeling clean all over again..

rode home with El saxo (he bobbed off at junct 27 M6 and we waved him goodbye ) Viper, Stretch and Squirrel Hunter... I left them at Sandbach junct 17 and gave them a wee wave as they passed beneath me !!..
so now I am thinking of them on the m6 and wish them a safe journey..

We saw Krazy Kim at the services - she said she was pooped and suggested she park up and get an hours kip.. ahe said that is what she was gonna do.. as it happenned we had to filter for about 5 miles just after that due to almost standing traffic.. ..

hope she's ok.. (anyone able to txt her for progress report?_)

oh yea we met a hen party at the services too.. hee he- was funny-- oh yea and it rained all the way on the motorway- ride with te guys to the M6 was ace- I really enjoyed it..

Thanks to everyone- once again brilliant- what a laugh.. I enoyed meeting new folk and arguing with folk who didnt speak to me last year.. ,,

i am sure there will be another thread for gossip.. I shall save all mine for then ........... just loading me pics and videos(if i dont fall aseep).

oh yea- the south guys-- Dan? (black speed triple..?) had a puncture at the little chef near the site- so sid mended it.. and hopefully all will be fine.. but it may mean a slower ride home than they calculated....

yorkie_chris 01-07-07 02:29 PM

Home safe.

Cheers guys, great weekend :D

El Saxo 01-07-07 02:34 PM

I got home ok, only just got round to posting though, trust Quiff to beat me to it - and he had a lot further to go! :lol:

I got all the way to within half a mile of my house with no incidents at all and then some pillock in a Beemer nearly takes me out by pulling out of a side street! :roll: Much panic braking ensued but I kept it upright - phew!

Knackered now & watching the BSB on the telly, had a great weekend :D

BILLY 01-07-07 03:23 PM

GMS has asked me to let you all know he is home saftly!

yorkie_chris 01-07-07 03:24 PM

Melodys got back to her place ok

Skip 01-07-07 03:42 PM

Just got back - 220 miles with about 30% of them in torrential showers! Great! :roll:

Great weekend though, really good to meet so many of you after two years of not meeting hardly any! :lol:

slark01 01-07-07 03:50 PM

Back home safe and sound, had a kip and now feeling kinda human!

Baph 01-07-07 04:37 PM

Just walked in the door to a flood of PMs from different folk - I'll get back to those asking questions in a bit, haven't even taken my bike gear off yet!!

My route over back through Slaidburn, Glasshouses etc was excellent, just what the tyres were asking for. From there I picked up the A59 & got onto the M6.

Setting off downhill towards Slaidburn I turned to Plowsie, "Looks like a black cloud, but we're riding towards the wind, so shouldn't be much of a problem." Neither of us were wearing waterprrofs at this point, and the heavens decided to open!! Stopped in Slaidburn under the trees (the place we stopped for cakes on the way up - with the cars that drive slower than an OAP with a zimmer frame!!) to put waterproofs on. Then stopped again on the A59 in a nice pub a couple of miles off the M6 for lunch (and a little F1 & BSB).

I left Plowsie on the M6 & I headed down the M56. That didn't last long until I found some twisty roads :D

BLACKFIRE 01-07-07 04:38 PM

I got home Age's ago .... took me about 20 minutes !!!!!
I know I only live round the corner but I am really glad I decided to camp, I had a great weekend. Thanks to all involved :thumright:

mac99 01-07-07 04:59 PM

Got back to here a while back, via a really good 80 mile run across the dales, including a reprise of the ride out route from the start to Leyburn. Only this time in the dry with less traffic. Thanks again to Tim In Belgium for leading me. Unfortunately I've got the trip down from Teesside to Bristol to do tomorrow, but at least I'll have nights sleep first. Nice to see everybody.

Tim in Belgium 01-07-07 05:03 PM

No worries Mac.

Jar 01-07-07 05:12 PM

2mths and I have both arrived safe!

melody 01-07-07 05:26 PM

Hello everyone

I got home a few hours ago, realised Sky still hadn't sorted out my broadband connection, so got a couple of hours sleep, jumped back on the bike and rode to Leeds to a friend with internet access.

I feel very emotional about the whole week end. I had such a FANTASTIC time. Its been a while since I've met such a wonderful bunch of people. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, and I feel so proud to be a part of such a great team!

A massive thank you to the organisers and the participants. To everyone that I didn't actually get to chat with, I wanted to, but that shyness thing gets in the way:oops:

Melody

PS Thank you all for appreciating my baps;)

Baph 01-07-07 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melody (Post 1226187)
PS Thank you all for appreciating my baps;)

You never did say if they were wet or moist!?!

(This is going to start up conversations about Stretchie now isn't it? :lol:)

timwilky 01-07-07 05:45 PM

Got home about 12. Just before the heavens opened. Nice hot bath for my aching back.

Thanks everyone for the great weekend and excellent company

dizzyblonde 01-07-07 05:46 PM

top bird for saving the day with the baps.. I got a call off melody 5 mins after In walked in the door. Must have teleported down the m62 and it was peezing it down. She really was buzzing. I knew she couldn't resist getting the bike out again. .and she did. what a super lass. I thought I'd put her off after that deer leg threw itself behind me.. I think she did brilliant all weekend

Baph 01-07-07 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 1226202)
top bird for saving the day with the baps.. I got a call off melody 5 mins after In walked in the door. Must have teleported down the m62 and it was peezing it down. She really was buzzing. I knew she couldn't resist getting the bike out again. .and she did. what a super lass. I thought I'd put her off after that deer leg threw itself behind me.. I think she did brilliant all weekend

Great news!! I'm really glad that she's getting more confidence. From what I saw of her riding this weekend (only a little bit then ;)) confidence was the only thing that was lacking. Everything else was fine.

Far far far better to ride slow & be cautious rather than hoon around & not know what you're doing.

One day Melody you'll make a VERY quick rider. As Sid Squid has said before himself, "If you can't ride slowly, you haven't got a hope of being fast." (See Ian, I do listen to - and remember what you say :) ) Concentrate more on being smooth than on being fast, and everything will slot into place quickly.

yorkie_chris 01-07-07 05:52 PM

As for the deer leg, She did have grandstand view of the splurge, wobble and the cloud of guts; but from where I was she didn't look at all bothered!

Well done for keeping your cool, I don't know what I'd have done, just shows you were worried about confidence and you've ridden perfectly all weekend, so shush with the worrying and I hope you enjoyed yourself :)

Chris

Blue Flame 01-07-07 06:15 PM

Hi folks.

Got back at 5:30. Wet but happy. Thanks for a great weekend. Was good to see both old and new faces.

Northwind stopped at Gretna for a break cos he was feeing a bit under the weather :puker: but I am sure he will be on soon.

Great organising and great fun. :smt038. Now where are we going next year :-)

Gordon B 01-07-07 06:29 PM

Home also.

Hung tent out to dry, put my shoes in the washing machine, bathed and feeling human again!

Thanks to Billy and GMS for the company home.

Just as well for Billy as we had to bump him out of the layby when we said our goodbyes!

Its currently brilliant sunshine AND teeming down outside. Go figure....

Will wash the Lanacashire mud off tomorrow....

G

_Stretchie_ 01-07-07 06:33 PM

Right home and dry, got rained on something rotten but waterproofs held out..

Cheers guy had a fantastic weekend, nice to meet old and new faces

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baph (Post 1226190)
(This is going to start up conversations about Stretchie now isn't it? :lol:)

OH NO!!!!

squirrel_hunter 01-07-07 06:35 PM

Back home now about to jump in the shower, not that I need one as I got rained on enough on the way back!

As Quiff said it was a ride down the motorways for us, but getting on the M6 was a nice route which took in part of the rideout route in the opposite direction, so cheers Saxo.

Left Strechie and Viper on the M5 near Bristol in the pouring rain and then filtered up the M4 to home, so hopefully that rain didn't last to long for you guys.

Viper 01-07-07 07:04 PM

Viper is home:cool:

Very wet on the way home but never the less a good ride. Thanks to all who organised the AR. It was a great weekend.
Nice to meet so many new friends.

Thanks to El Saxo for the room for the night and to Luckypants for a bloody good brekkie.

Ping 01-07-07 07:14 PM

I'm CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN!!!!

:smt038
Was a great weekend, cheers everyone.:thumright:

Quiff Wichard 01-07-07 07:29 PM

whos not checked in yet then?

Raf 01-07-07 07:32 PM

I'm home, glad to see the sun shining when I got home.

SoulKiss 01-07-07 07:32 PM

Soukjiss and Jambo checking in - just got to my place to drop off the tent.

Raf, Devil Biccy (Deeas) and Sudoxe last seen leaving the M40/A40 at various points.

Quiff Wichard 01-07-07 07:35 PM

DEVIL BICCY

ace--

I followed deeaS a bit and it really does shout out at you now eh..

- oh maybe and explanation needed David.

Benji 01-07-07 07:36 PM

What about Anna?

Tell Jambo his dinner is in the dog. He's late.

:smt081

iffy 01-07-07 07:40 PM

Got home about 4:45, so a shade under 6 hours for 312 hours, including a number of stops.

Thanks to everyone who helped organise the event. Once again, it was a great weekend.

Thanks

Ian

stewie 01-07-07 07:41 PM

Hey Plowsie,( best said in Delia speak) where are you, come on ,where are you.... give us a shout mate