SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   South & West Surfers (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   South & West Surfers team building event (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=94723)

_Stretchie_ 08-08-07 11:10 AM

South & West Surfers team building event

As some of you will know there have been 2 team building events happened in Bristol over the past year..

Namely removing the engine from my bike and then months later putting it back in again.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../Picture36.jpg

Well the time has come again for this to happen. 2nd gear is playing silly buggers again and to keep the cost down I'll need to take the engine out myself and take it to the garage where they'll use new parts instead of the second hand ones I got from another engine.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../Picture27.jpg

So I'm debating when I should do it. I have a week touring with 2 mates at the end of September, do I risk taking it out before hand or should I wait till after that week (which would be much easier on the old purse strings) when I won't be quite so anxious about anything potentially going wrong.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../Picture34.jpg

As usual people are inviting to come along and have a giggle at my expense, we could even get a BBQ going and have a couple beers and people are welcome to stay over. But as mentioned above this may not actually happen till September. I'll have to mull it over, but it will be happening!!!

stewie 08-08-07 11:13 AM

Re: South & West Surfers team building event

Hi Stretchie, that could be a laugh, might take you up on that :thumleft: thats if you mofo,s dont mind a northern monkey turning up ;)

hovis 08-08-07 11:17 AM

from what i belive... thundercats 2nd gears always go .thats why i did not get one, anywho......... can you just go 1st to 3rd? my suzuki RM250 had this prob, but it did not bother me

time for a fireblade mr stretchie?

_Stretchie_ 08-08-07 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 1256454)
Hi Stretchie, that could be a laugh, might take you up on that :thumleft: thats if you mofo,s dont mind a northern monkey turning up ;)

Mate I AM A Northern Monkey, I could do with the back up :thumleft:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 1256457)
from what i belive... thundercats 2nd gears always go .thats why i did not get one, anywho......... can you just go 1st to 3rd? my suzuki RM250 had this prob, but it did not bother me

time for a fireblade mr stretchie?

Did 1st to 3rd for a few thousand mile last year mate but the problem gets gradually worse until it brakes completley, thats why my bike was off the road for so long. Mate I was looking at a Blade in May but I just can't afford to change : (

I've seen a pic of yours from last weekend and I LOVE the older shape, with a bit of meat to it, I'd like something around a W reg myself, with low low low mileage on it, cos I'm just going to rack the miles up

hovis 08-08-07 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Stretchie_ (Post 1256475)
Mate I AM A Northern Monkey, I could do with the back up :thumleft:

me too
Quote:

Originally Posted by _Stretchie_ (Post 1256475)
I've seen a pic of yours from last weekend and I LOVE the older shape, with a bit of meat to it, I'd like something around a W reg myself, with low low low mileage on it, cos I'm just going to rack the miles up

i prefur the 98 model
the w reg 2000 is a newer shape a bit skinnyer & pointyer

Viper 08-08-07 12:19 PM

I tell you what pal, I will do you a favour and just scrap it for you;)

Seriously, i am no good with engines but would happily stand there drink your beer eat your food and take the **** out of the state of your blundercat for the weekend, yep count me in :thumleft:

Viper 08-08-07 12:25 PM

The chap i bought my VTR from has a 92 ( J ) blade for sale. Its mint, Full service history 45k miles but by christ its been looked after.
He would part ex the thundercat if you wanted to have a look !!!

hovis 08-08-07 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper (Post 1256530)

Seriously, i am no good with engines but would happily stand there drink your beer eat your food and take the **** out of the state of your blundercat for the weekend, yep count me in :thumleft:

im good at that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper (Post 1256534)
The chap i bought my VTR from has a 92 ( J ) blade for sale. Its mint, Full service history 45k miles but by christ its been looked after.

the older ones are suposed to me mentle. i like the twin headlights

http://www.honda-fireblades.co.uk/gallery.html

Viper 08-08-07 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper (Post 1256534)

Like this

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2852/bladedy0.th.jpg

hovis 08-08-07 12:46 PM

looks good

Xan173 08-08-07 01:35 PM

As I see it your options are:

Wait until the end of summer, then fix it.

or

Fix it and flog it before the end of summer when you'll get best price.

stewie 08-08-07 01:49 PM

Quote:

I could that as well, minus the drinking of course, check the sig :(

hovis 08-08-07 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 1256593)
I could that as well, minus the drinking of course, check the sig :(
Alcohol free since 21.07.2007 'Every day I wake up knowing this is as good as I will feel all day '

thats only 2 weeks

stewie 08-08-07 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 1256596)
thats only 2 weeks

Trust me, it feels a lot longer ;)

Viper 08-08-07 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 1256599)
Trust me, it feels a lot longer ;)

Why you doing it again ?

stewie 08-08-07 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper (Post 1256608)
Why you doing it again ?

Got a bet on with the missus, basically I said she was wasting her time and money joining weight watchers and that I spend less on booze than she does on fancy diets, plus I pointed out that I have lost more weight since the AR than she had recently, so we agreed to her reaching a target weight in a certain length of time, if she does it great and if not well I can have a drink again, its kinda weighed in her favour but if it hit helps her, fine. Whats really hard is that I have 58 cans of lager and 11 bottles of wine left over from a BBQ we had to celebrate her 40th recently sitting in the conservatory just looking at me

hovis 08-08-07 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 1256613)
Whats really hard is that I have 58 cans of lager and 11 bottles of wine left over from a BBQ we had to celebrate her 40th recently sitting in the conservatory just looking at me

party at stewie's?

Viper 08-08-07 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 1256621)
party at stewie's?

:winner: :rave:

Always willing to help out a fellow .Org member ;)

plowsie 08-08-07 02:16 PM

Can i come play stretchie? Just for the laugh :D

stewie 08-08-07 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper (Post 1256622)
:winner: :rave:

Always willing to help out a fellow .Org member ;)

Thanks mate :D

skint 08-08-07 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Stretchie_ (Post 1256443)

That's the most powerful engine your bike has had isn't it Stetchie? If you want to remove it, just step out of the frame :smt102
To improve performance wear trainers next time :smt016

Vickster 08-08-07 06:45 PM

Quote:

I can supervise viper with the above ! Count me in :)

Beenz 08-08-07 07:21 PM

I could make an appearance, the engine is the heavy bit between the round wheely bits.

_Stretchie_ 08-08-07 07:37 PM

Money is an issue and I can't get credit, otherwise I'd have chopped it in for that Blade the other month : )

Plowsie, of course you can attend mate, we had a giggle removing and putting the engine in last time. Putting it back in was better, because we were in the kitchen nice and warm

:smt048

Stewie, as a non drinker you will be the designated.. erm.. I'll think of something. Like I said, I don't know when it'll happen, might not be till the end of September because I'm doing a little tour of some of Wales, England and Scotland for a week on it. I'd prefer to get round it with 5 gears than have to cancel cos I've not got around to getting it fixed and back in once I took it out...

plowsie 08-08-07 07:50 PM

Can i just confirm that i have no clue how an engine goes backtogether but i'm willing to learn, or i'll be chef due to been an ex grill chef :D

hovis 08-08-07 09:09 PM

i have a garage

squirrel_hunter 08-08-07 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beenz (Post 1256889)
the engine is the heavy bit between the round wheely bits.

I thought that was the rider?

_Stretchie_ 09-08-07 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowsie (Post 1256917)
Can i just confirm that i have no clue how an engine goes backtogether but i'm willing to learn, or i'll be chef due to been an ex grill chef :D

Don't worry mate, this isn't a cry for help from people who know how to do this, I have instructions and could do it but just extending an invite to people if they fancy an excuse to come and have a giggle with people from here off the bikes like the social part of the AR

And possibly a few beers and food

:geek:

plowsie 09-08-07 12:50 PM

Count me inski then :D

Baldyman 11-08-07 03:40 PM

Seeing as you have been brave/desperate enough to:
1 - Get SH to help you already
2 - Looking for brawn, not brain (Beenz ;))

Then I feel it encumbent on me to provide an old head, large body and absolutely no technical expertise.

Of course the upside is my inate ability to appreciate others working, taking the michael and laughing at people getting their fingers caught and pinched. :)

_Stretchie_ 13-08-07 10:22 AM

Sounds like you'd be a key part of the team Baldyman