SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   "dragons den" ideas (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=164896)

Brettus 08-04-11 11:30 AM

"dragons den" ideas

one of the many methods of staving off boredom at work is proposing "dragons den" ideas, the more outlandish the better. I wondered what the org could come up with.

Todays suggestion from me was Photovoltaic sunscreen, jumper leads on the nipples and sizzle away while you charge your favourite gadget!

MiniMatt 08-04-11 11:34 AM

Re: "dragons den" ideas

Prescription visors for bike helmets. Followed by prescription windscreens for cars.

For people who can't get on with contact lasers, don't want to be lasered, and aren't too keen on glasses either. That'd be me then.

Who's in?

Specialone 08-04-11 11:49 AM

Towbar that will take front wheel of a motorbike so you can tow it without a trailer, unless they exist already (?)

MiniMatt 08-04-11 12:23 PM

Hmm, I like that idea a lot. Though part of me thinks there must be some engineering/legal freakyness that could cause problems, presumably the bike would need to be able to rotate around it's headstock normally; suppose a worry could be some stone/bump/voodoo knocking it into gear whilst being towed.

Have seen dirt bikes carried perpendicular to the vehicle with both wheels off the road (like you see scooters on the back of motorhomes sometimes), and it seems at least one person has tried with a full weight bike - http://www.kawiforums.com/two-wheele...est-drive.html - but not sure I'd trust the weight and leverage not to bend the back of the car out of whack.

Littlepeahead 08-04-11 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniMatt (Post 2516775)
Prescription visors for bike helmets. Followed by prescription windscreens for cars.

For people who can't get on with contact lasers, don't want to be lasered, and aren't too keen on glasses either. That'd be me then.

Who's in?

That's me - I need that.

And also:

A vacuum cleaner that actualy removes cat hair from carpets, bed covers and curtains without any difficulty OR a cat that doesn't shed fur unless it is in the garden. And cat litter that stays in the litter box and doesn't get stuck to the cat's feet then walked all over the house.

Wine that tastes like wine but contains no alcohol as I like drinking it but hate feeling drunk.

High heels that don't hurt - although M&S claim to have invented these so I'm going to try some on tonight!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Insol...d_s=left-nav-2

Quedos 08-04-11 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 2516835)
That's me - I need that.

High heels that don't hurt - although M&S claim to have invented these so I'm going to try some on tonight!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Insol...d_s=left-nav-2

I'm sceptical. though for me they ain't that high
but let us know what you think LPH they could become my new workwear shoes

The Idle Biker 08-04-11 03:04 PM

An instant hangover cure, or even a substance that will instantly make you un-drunk. I have a hangover today.:(

LankyIanB 08-04-11 03:10 PM

specialone - see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KAWASAKI-MOTOR...item43a6375b16

Specialone 08-04-11 03:56 PM

Yeah that's the kind of thing I had in mind, but with a slight pivot so it turned better and a winch of some description so it lifted the front end.

Fruity-ya-ya 08-04-11 04:37 PM

Perhaps some steamer attachments for plumping the pile from carpet indentations left by moving furniture.

Fruity-ya-ya 08-04-11 04:38 PM

Celling paint that is spider web resistant so they can't spin webs in the corners.

thulfi 08-04-11 04:39 PM

Well have you ever had anyone in front of you braking, then they brake even harder but there is no way of telling because the brake lights are already engaged, potentially being a hazard?

Well my invention to give the driver/rider behind more info is to fit cars/bikes with either a light that gets redder as they brake harder, or alternatively several LEDs aligned parallel to each other horizontally, and the more you brake the more bars that are activated, so you know when someone whose already braking is braking harder.

I'm accepting £200,000 for a 5% share, ;-)

Fruity-ya-ya 08-04-11 04:42 PM

An alarm clock that gives you the days weather forecast as the alarm.

on yer bike 08-04-11 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruity-ya-ya (Post 2516888)
An alarm clock that gives you the days weather forecast as the alarm.

I like it, you could set it not to wake you if it's raining :-)

Fruity-ya-ya 08-04-11 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brettus (Post 2516774)
one of the many methods of staving off boredom at work is proposing "dragons den" ideas, the more outlandish the better. I wondered what the org could come up with.

Sorry, I didn't spot the outlandish prerequisite.

As my fish swim about all day expending energy, I'd invent a hydro-electric generator from the wash they make.

I could maybe sell the electricity back to the grid and pay for the fish food.

Fruity-ya-ya 08-04-11 05:49 PM

How about a service that comes to your home and cleans the living room. A costed service of course but the cunning bit is all the money we'd find down the back of the sofa we keep.

This time next year we'll be millionaires Rodders

slinky 08-04-11 05:49 PM

Smelavision... Like 5.1 surround sound but u just load a cartridge of smells for a particular film to enhance the experience ... Winner

grh1904 08-04-11 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thulfi (Post 2516887)
Well have you ever had anyone in front of you braking, then they brake even harder but there is no way of telling because the brake lights are already engaged, potentially being a hazard?

Well my invention to give the driver/rider behind more info is to fit cars/bikes with either a light that gets redder as they brake harder, or alternatively several LEDs aligned parallel to each other horizontally, and the more you brake the more bars that are activated, so you know when someone whose already braking is braking harder.

I'm accepting £200,000 for a 5% share, ;-)

This has a real road safety aspect to that would actually make sense, however my "variation" of this is to fit brake lights inside the windscreen that only come on once the driver has stopped at the traffic lights for more than 15 seconds with his her foot STILL on the brake pedal.

It naffs me off no end my eyeballs & retinas are burned to a frazle because the muppet in front has temporarily forgotten what the handbrake lever between the two seats is for.

My windscreen brake lights would be directed directly at the drivers eyes and get more & more brighter the longer they left there foor on the brake.

That will be £375,000.00 for a 2.5% share then.

svrich 08-04-11 07:31 PM

I've kept this one for a couple of years now but feel ready to share it; Sauce-ages.
They are sausages (various flavours) with the sauce of your choice already inside them. The bonus is that when you eat them as part of a sausage sandwich the sauce doesn't escape from between the bread and dribble down your white vest (yes, I was a truck driver for a while ;)).

Teejayexc 08-04-11 07:39 PM

Something that keeps Dave Preston upright ?

Bluefish 08-04-11 07:44 PM

headlights for bikes that swivel so remain level, so when you go round a bend you can still see, so stop you cacking your pants cos the vis has been cut to ten feet in front of you.

Specialone 08-04-11 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluefishman (Post 2516969)
headlights for bikes that swivel so remain level, so when you go round a bend you can still see, so stop you cacking your pants cos the vis has been cut to ten feet in front of you.

Andy, you mean you actually use your trumpet at night with their shocking lights ??? Hid upgrade for me at some point :)

Bluefish 08-04-11 08:33 PM

Yeah, try not too though ;) fine on the straight, can see for miles, corner and it's all gone dark, although the 08 is better than the 06 model was, still carp though.

Paul the 6th 08-04-11 09:33 PM

h... he... hello... hello dragons... My name is paul and I'm here to present to you, the brolly buddy.

The brolly buddy is a revolutionary concept in the push chair and pram accessory market. As many of you may know, all but the highest of quality push chairs can be a nightmare to push in a straight line. They track left & right, and require a high level of concentration and effort to get from a-to-b without crashing.

We've all been there (haven't we?) the weather is very changeable in the UK, one minute it's lovely weather, the next it's fecking it down with cats, dogs and pestellence. You've got the plastic rain cover for the pram, and a brolly for yourself. But fitting the cover is a big faff and pushing the pram with one hand while the other holds the brolly is a no no..

This is where the brolly buddy springs into action. The brolly attaches to the pram and holds any umbrella upto the standard golf umbrella sized brolly (say that 3 times when you're pished duncan). Both child & parent are protected from the elements, without compromising control or safety of the push chair.

The brolly buddy can also be used to act as a sun screen on the rare days where we have record breaking temperatures. I am looking for 2 million quid for 3% of my business which is currently carrying a £500,000 loss from the past 3 months of trading.

Paul the 6th 08-04-11 09:35 PM

failing that, is anybody interest in "The Rice Friend" - are you lonely? would you like a friend made of a single rice grain which lives on your hand?

Bluefish 08-04-11 09:39 PM

Hi paul, what do you see your turnover being for the next 3 years and how do you plan to spend my childrens inheritance money, D, Ballantyne.

Paul the 6th 08-04-11 09:43 PM

well mr. fajita's,

I plan on buying £1.8 million worth of shares in reggae reggae sauce, and then investing the other £200,000 in a little known band called ham fatter for whom peter jones is a big fan (they make shiit music though).

Year 1 - a loss of £50,000
year 2 - a net profit of £200,000
year 3 - a net profit of £200,000,000,000....

Bluefish 08-04-11 09:46 PM

MMM, i'm interested, but only if deborah and peter will join me for a threesome :smt112

Paul the 6th 08-04-11 09:51 PM

deborah and peter, are you interested in a threesome with BFM? And then will you all consider investing in my brolly buddy?

DarrenSV650S 08-04-11 10:00 PM

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

Paul the 6th 08-04-11 10:19 PM

l.m.f.a.o.

that is all :)

Bluefish 09-04-11 01:41 AM

Lmfao :D