SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Thames Valley (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   The next rideout...... (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=104389)

ASM-Forever 10-02-08 09:04 PM

The next rideout......

At the risk of sounding too keen, is anyone available for a hoon next weekend? Today was good....now i need another fix!

I imagine this will probably take the form of a more local ride, to give people the chance to recharge after todays exertions. I was thinking of heading North this time, towards Fox's/Aylesbury. Phil mentioned a route that might be worth considering.

Obviously if the weather is toss, then all bets are off.

Maybe the ape will get his act together and get the SV back OTR. Then he will have no excuses. :smt120

Just putting the feelers out...........:riding:

Stig 10-02-08 09:59 PM

Re: The next rideout......

I was about to sticky the thread... :oops:

SV will not be on the road this month and more than likely not the next either. :sad:

I also very much doubt I'll be around for next weekend either.

plowsie 10-02-08 10:39 PM

I'll come out to play if I have any money...Need to give Nick some money too. What you got in mind Mark?

tonyk 10-02-08 10:41 PM

next ride out
oh yes please..........err may be not.
i'm working for the next 2 weeks solid..
but then i'm off for 1 week so i'll see whats happing then...

StreetHawk 10-02-08 10:58 PM

Not sure yet, if I can , I will :-)

ASM-Forever 10-02-08 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowsie (Post 1412557)
I'll come out to play if I have any money...Need to give Nick some money too. What you got in mind Mark?

A44 from Oxford to Worcester
A422 to Stratford-upon-avon
Head south on the Banbury Rd back towards Oxford

This is a route offered by Phil, we would only do it subject to his availability. Thats what's provisionally in my mind.

plowsie 10-02-08 11:19 PM

What about over towards Buckingham and do the last stretch of the 413(towards ayelsbury) aswell?

ASM-Forever 10-02-08 11:20 PM

Like i said, its Phils baby, so its really up to him. :)

plowsie 10-02-08 11:22 PM

Like this?

http://tinyurl.com/2kdyqd

Sorry Phil :(

KnightRider 11-02-08 07:39 AM

Can we make this a half day morning ride?

ASM-Forever 11-02-08 11:07 AM

Yeh...i was thinking of a few hours as oppossed to all day.

KnightRider 11-02-08 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1412819)

I like the all day rides, but I also like seeing my girlfriend (gotta give her some attention if I am going to stop her wondering over to the dark side of Nick17). 1-2 full days of riding a month is probably nearing my limit I can however get green cards on Sunday morning when she is asleep. Plus the roads are clear early on making for a good ride.

Stig 11-02-08 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1412819)

In that case I could be tempted. Depends it it's going to be high speed pursuit time again though. :wink:

ASM-Forever 11-02-08 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1412892)
In that case I could be tempted. Depends it it's going to be high speed pursuit time again though. :wink:

Well its the route Phil suggested (which i think plowsie has mapped) so take a look for yourself. :bounce:

Sosha 11-02-08 11:59 AM

Could be about if I don't fall off too much tomorrow...

KnightRider 11-02-08 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1412892)

I'd be thinking - bimble rather than high persuit?

Stig 11-02-08 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1412901)
Well its the route Phil suggested (which i think plowsie has mapped) so take a look for yourself. :bounce:

All A roads.

plowsie 11-02-08 12:18 PM

Yeah to do all that, your gonna need to be meeting early to be back for lunch...

ASM-Forever 11-02-08 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1412938)
All A roads.

If they were B roads you would complain your bike kept grounding out. :p

The best option is for you to pull your finger out and get your SV back on the road.

Stig 11-02-08 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1412973)
If they were B roads you would complain your bike kept grounding out. :p

Your right you know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1412973)
The best option is for you to pull your finger out and get your SV back on the road.

Your right you know.

I'd prefer grinding the centre stand and exhaust round the corners and leaving the sports bikes for dead, than struggle to try and keep up on the straights. :wink:

Demonz 11-02-08 01:18 PM

Half day is normally better for me - i cant make next weekend though... so next round maybe.

philbut 11-02-08 01:36 PM

bloody hell that was quick - we planning the next one already!

No worries about changing the route Plowsie, i just like the worcester - stratford bit, the route back from banbury was just intednded to get people back to familiar terratory. I usually do the oxford to worcester bit in about an hour, then a bit less to get to stratford, so it could be done in about 3.5 hours i guess. but i wouldn't say it's a morning run. It'd be better to have a few stops. I can work in some b roads for TheApe too, as this is my hoem turff. there is a great set of hairpins called "fish hill" on the way over the cotswolds that are always worth a play!

ASM-Forever 11-02-08 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philbut (Post 1413056)
bloody hell that was quick - we planning the next one already!

No worries about changing the route Plowsie, i just like the worcester - stratford bit, the route back from banbury was just intednded to get people back to familiar terratory. I usually do the oxford to worcester bit in about an hour, then a bit less to get to stratford, so it could be done in about 3.5 hours i guess. but i wouldn't say it's a morning run. It'd be better to have a few stops. I can work in some b roads for TheApe too, as this is my hoem turff. there is a great set of hairpins called "fish hill" on the way over the cotswolds that are always worth a play!

Nick mentioned fish hill, he highly recommended it.

flibble 11-02-08 03:26 PM

Sounds like Sunday was very successful and another ride in the making so soon :)

Can't do this wkd coming, but probably join if you guys out following Sunday 24th..

KnightRider 11-02-08 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flibble (Post 1413221)
Sounds like Sunday was very successful and another ride in the making so soon :)

Can't do this wkd coming, but probably join if you guys out following Sunday 24th..

As much as I want you to turn up - the other half would prefer it if you were to stay at home. Dont take it personally, its just I have a major case of bike envy and my girlfriend keep reminding me that I have more important things to spend my money on:

1. Mortgage
2. Engagement ring
3. Wedding
4. Handbags
5. Jewlery
6. [insert other girly tat here]

Just kidding - hope to see you at the next meet!

ASM-Forever 11-02-08 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 1413316)
As much as I want you to turn up - the other half would prefer it if you were to stay at home. Dont take it personally, its just I have a major case of bike envy and my girlfriend keep reminding me that I have more important things to spend my money on:

1. Mortgage
2. Engagement ring
3. Wedding
4. Handbags
5. Jewlery

The only thing on that list that mkaes a jot of sense, is to get on the property ladder. Having said that, with the supposed housing armageddon on the way....why not wait for a bit.

Weddings have always been a bit of a mystery to me. Such a waste of money on one day, which is fine if you have money to waste, but when you need it for other things.....

I think i read somewhere that the average cost of a wedding is over £20k, i'm reasonably affluent and would aim to spend £20. :smt045

Demonz 11-02-08 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1413337)
I think i read somewhere that the average cost of a wedding is over £20k, i'm reasonably affluent and would aim to spend £20. :smt045

If you are really tight - Just find a Danish wife - tradition dictates the daughters folks pay...

KnightRider 11-02-08 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1413337)
The only thing on that list that mkaes a jot of sense, is to get on the property ladder. Having said that, with the supposed housing armageddon on the way....why not wait for a bit.

Weddings have always been a bit of a mystery to me. Such a waste of money on one day, which is fine if you have money to waste, but when you need it for other things.....

Property is the first thing on the list - unfortunately I need the 10% deposit so am having to start saving like crazy. As much as I want to get the CBR I fear it may have to wait a bit.

ASM-Forever 11-02-08 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuonoGrant (Post 1413367)
If you are really tight - Just find a Danish wife - tradition dictates the daughters folks pay...

Interesting...........

I will have to google for Danish women! :D

StreetHawk 11-02-08 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuonoGrant (Post 1413367)

Isn't that the tradition here too?

Stig 11-02-08 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_1871 (Post 1413452)
Isn't that the tradition here too?

It was. :roll:

ASM-Forever 11-02-08 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1413464)
It was. :roll:

Suddenly Nicks decision to 'get serious' with his g/f isn't looking such an attractive proposition. :p

Warthog 11-02-08 06:30 PM

Weddings are a waste of time. Maximum for me will be a registry wedding plu £500 to get me and my mates thoroughly rat-arsed.

ASM-Forever 11-02-08 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warthog (Post 1413499)
Weddings are a waste of time. Maximum for me will be a registry wedding plu £500 to get me and my mates thoroughly rat-arsed.

But not the new wife? Won't she need the dutch courage? ;)

Stig 11-02-08 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1413507)
But not the new wife? Won't she need the dutch courage? ;)

Hell no she'll need the full on 10 pint beer goggles

StreetHawk 11-02-08 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1413510)
Hell no she'll need the full on 10 pint beer goggles

Ouch.. :mrgreen:

flibble 11-02-08 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 1413316)

1. Mortgage
2. Engagement ring
3. Wedding
4. Handbags
5. Jewlery

lol...I agree with 1. too as it's the best sort of investment possible and the sooner you can the better.

But on another note if girls get an engagement present, then in this modern day and age shouldn't boys do too??

<walks away quickly.....:-dd>

flibble 11-02-08 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warthog (Post 1413499)

Take it you're single?? :):)

ASM-Forever 11-02-08 07:48 PM

Sounds like flibble wants to give you her bike Jon......

ASM-Forever 11-02-08 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flibble (Post 1413609)
Take it you're single?? :):)

Nope he's basically married.