SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Thames Valley (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   NEC Bike Show (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=98961)

StreetHawk 23-10-07 09:41 AM

NEC Bike Show

Who's up for a day trip to the bike show?

http://www.motorcycleshow.co.uk/

I'm keen to take a day off in the week so it's less busy and may take the car depending on weather and if I have any cash to buy goodies.. Got room in the car for others if you want transport?

Adult tickets in advance are £13 or £15 on the door.. Monday 26th Nov looks good for me..

:-D

SDMF 23-10-07 12:14 PM

Re: NEC Bike Show

I should be going up to this too- though I was planning on going on a Friday as it uses less holiday time for me!

KnightRider 23-10-07 01:34 PM

Am going, but was going to go at the weekend. I might reconsider though.

DanAbnormal 23-10-07 02:53 PM

I'm going to one of the trade days. With any luck they will still have those spandex clad ladies hanging out of their tops. Woooooooooooh!:p

Well, you didn't think I was going for the motorbikes did you?!

Law 23-10-07 11:17 PM

Maybe, some of the GM are thinking of going as well...

sarah 23-10-07 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Law (Post 1321329)
Maybe, some of the GM are thinking of going as well...

ET and I are thinking of going on the Monday but we may be travelling down from up north.

Law 24-10-07 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah (Post 1321332)
ET and I are thinking of going on the Monday but we may be travelling down from up north.

I said some of the GM, not 2 of the Taffia. :p

Demonz 24-10-07 08:26 AM

I'll be up for sure. And flexible on dates - was thinking of driving aswell.

Anyone know whats the best date for bargains - and less crowds?

StreetHawk 24-10-07 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmonsta (Post 1321425)
I'll be up for sure. And flexible on dates - was thinking of driving aswell.

Anyone know whats the best date for bargains - and less crowds?

I'm thinking monday will be the first less busy day, preview day on the friday is expensive to get in, sat/sun will be rammed so the first weekday at normal prices should be quieter.. I reckon there should be bargains to be had on the monday. As for bargains, I dunno really, would have thought there will be discounted stuff each day? :confused:

ASM-Forever 24-10-07 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_1871 (Post 1320684)
Who's up for a day trip to the bike show?

http://www.motorcycleshow.co.uk/

I'm keen to take a day off in the week so it's less busy and may take the car depending on weather and if I have any cash to buy goodies.. Got room in the car for others if you want transport?

Adult tickets in advance are £13 or £15 on the door.. Monday 26th Nov looks good for me..

If the weather is crap and you go by car i'm calling shotgun. If the weather is decent and you ride, then i should be good to ride by then anyway, so i will join you. Its not like i have anything better to do. :p

ASM-Forever 24-10-07 05:53 PM

I say we all go together, thus when we have settled on a date everyone should book leave, or preferably skive off.

That would mean we can cover for Nick4 when he "meets" Sandy.

StreetHawk 24-10-07 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1321960)
I say we all go together, thus when we have settled on a date everyone should book leave, or preferably skive off.

That would mean we can cover for Nick4 when he "meets" Sandy.

:rolleyes:

ASM-Forever 24-10-07 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_1871 (Post 1321964)
:rolleyes:

Oh sorry, forgot to be covert. ;)

philbut 25-10-07 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_1871 (Post 1320684)

Same here. Went last year at the weekend and it was sooooooo crowded. Monday sounds like a good idea. I am meetin up with a mate from cambridge there too so I'll try and persuade him to take the monday off. If you have a space or 2 free in the car that would be cool - split the petrol money etc.

Warthog 25-10-07 02:35 PM

Monday hey? Why don't you all GET A JOB! :smt013

Law 25-10-07 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warthog (Post 1322634)
Monday hey? Why don't you all GET A JOB! :smt013

Take the day off! You do get holidays?

StreetHawk 25-10-07 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philbut (Post 1322308)
Same here. Went last year at the weekend and it was sooooooo crowded. Monday sounds like a good idea. I am meetin up with a mate from cambridge there too so I'll try and persuade him to take the monday off. If you have a space or 2 free in the car that would be cool - split the petrol money etc.

No problemo, probly me and a mate going, maybe ASM (!) so have space for a couple more, could stop off near you as it's on the way. Then again I may be going on the bike, not decided yet! :rolleyes:

Warthog 25-10-07 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Law (Post 1322648)
Take the day off! You do get holidays?

I do, but they are all used up on going to New York and silly little things like that :-P

StreetHawk 25-10-07 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warthog (Post 1322693)
I do, but they are all used up on going to New York and silly little things like that :-P

Your wasting your life away.. Why use up all your holiday going to New York when you can come to Birmingham with us! ;-)

Warthog 25-10-07 09:07 PM

*ugh* lived in Birmingham for 4 years thank you very much :-P

Law 25-10-07 10:09 PM

Do you guys want to mingle with us GM on the day?

Demonz 26-10-07 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Law (Post 1323072)
Do you guys want to mingle with us GM on the day?

What day are you going up?

I'll go Monday too - I like the reasoning with it being quiet. But will definately drive up. Nick, if you guys decide to ride i'll be happy to courier anything back if needed and plenty of spare seats otherwise.

StreetHawk 26-10-07 09:36 AM

If the GM lot are going on the monday then we'll meet up... Gmonsta - Cheers for the offer, not sure if i'm riding or not yet, will probly be a last minute decision! Will have to exhange numbers before the monday so we can all meet up.. :-)

philbut 26-10-07 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmonsta (Post 1323197)

I'll go Monday too - I like the reasoning with it being quiet. But will definately drive up. Nick, if you guys decide to ride i'll be happy to courier anything back if needed and plenty of spare seats otherwise.

You don't know what you have let yourself in for there mate ;) My mrs can shop for England.

KnightRider 26-10-07 09:56 AM

I'm thinking that Monday might be a plan. Definately want to go in a car but unfortunately my girlfriend takes it to work with her. Nick do you have a spare seat for a little one?

StreetHawk 26-10-07 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 1323311)
I'm thinking that Monday might be a plan. Definately want to go in a car but unfortunately my girlfriend takes it to work with her. Nick do you have a spare seat for a little one?

I can get hold of a booster seat yeah! ;)

May ride up yet tho, depends on weather.. But if I drive then then it's Me, my mate , ASM, Philbut and you then.

ASM-Forever 26-10-07 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_1871 (Post 1323441)
I can get hold of a booster seat yeah! ;)

May ride up yet tho, depends on weather.. But if I drive then then it's Me, my mate , ASM, Philbut and you then.

LMAO :mrgreen::smt045

KnightRider 26-10-07 01:40 PM

Hmmm am definately going to need a car up there. Not sure how I am going to be able to get my Abba stand back otherwise!

Law 26-10-07 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmonsta (Post 1323197)

Monday 26th, but I still need to buy the spare ticket I was offered.

ASM-Forever 26-10-07 02:05 PM

I guess this is directed at Nick as he seems to be in the driving seat, let us know when dates are confirmed and we can book tickets(if we still can).

Now to consider what other useless tat i can buy for the R6....:):):)

KnightRider 26-10-07 02:12 PM

Just to confirm are we definately going on the Monday? Have you all bought tickets and book the day off work yet?

sarah 26-10-07 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 1323586)
Just to confirm are we definately going on the Monday? Have you all bought tickets and book the day off work yet?

Yes.
No.
Yes.

KnightRider 26-10-07 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah (Post 1323587)
Yes.
No.
Yes.

Helpful as always!

philbut 26-10-07 05:13 PM

Yes
No
Don't need to :smt033

ASM-Forever 28-10-07 02:15 PM

Wise words, copied and pasted, courtesy of SV_Muppet:

If you're going to the NEC next month by car, don't queue up to get into the NEC parking area, head onto the A45 towards Birmingham and follow the signs for Birmingham International Railway Station:

1) You'll end up parked right by the building (usually within 100 yds ish) so if the weather's crap you won't have to walk far outside.

2) You'll be warm and dry walking through the corridors to the show.

3) The station has car park ticket machines and you won't have to wait in a big queue.

4) It's £1 cheaper to park so you can spend an extra pound in the show on goodies.

5) You get to clown around on the moving walkways.

But don't tell everybody!:driving:

ogden 28-10-07 10:30 PM

Exhibitions are, basically, rubbish. If you want to swing a leg over a potential next-bike, go to a dealer. If you're looking for a cheap lid or something, then a bike show makes sense if you factor in the cost of travel & entry. But basically, they're a bit pants.

So, umm, that'll be a no then.

StreetHawk 29-10-07 10:13 AM

Ok, i'll defo drive up on the monday (26th).. Got the day off and will buy tickets this week.

So in my car I got me, my mate Justin (had a Fazer 600 but binned it), ASM, Philbut and Knightrider.. That right?

KnightRider 29-10-07 10:31 AM

Yep - will book time off and tickets today.

ASM-Forever 31-10-07 01:04 PM

So has anyone booked tickets yet? If you have then i will.

ASM-Forever 31-10-07 01:16 PM

Here's a direct link: https://www.theticketfactory.com/online/seatSelect.asp

I have booked....to hell with you all.

I was also lured into going for the £15 ticket that has free neckwarmers. :)