SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2010 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   newbies or those thinking of coming to AR but dont know anyone. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=154648)

Quiff Wichard 14-07-10 01:09 PM

newbies or those thinking of coming to AR but dont know anyone.

DO IT

JUST DO IT

you wont be lonely you wont regret it..

everyone is ace.. you wont feel left out.. its not clicky .. its ace

so book it .. and come.

Drew Carey 14-07-10 02:11 PM

Re: newbies or those thinking of coming to AR but dont know anyone.

I can concur with the honourable Quiff. If you are enjoying your time on the org, then this is the best way to meet up with all the people you banter with, get a picture of what they are like in real life and to have fun.

Scoobs 14-07-10 02:20 PM

Are we starting to sound desperate for new meat?

Luckypants 14-07-10 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard (Post 2319139)
its not clicky ..

Sorry for being a spelling nazi, but this is starting to really bug me. It's a clique not a click! So it will not be cliquey, really it won't! :D

Quiff is totally right, you cannot meet a nicer bunch.

_Stretchie_ 14-07-10 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 2319231)
Quote:

its not clicky .. its ace

so book it .. and come.

Sorry for being a spelling nazi, but this is starting to really bug me. It's a clique not a click! So it will not be cliquey, really it won't! :D

Quiff is totally right, you cannot meet a nicer bunch of people with OCD.

He's rite you know, cum along, you'll love it, and if riding in big groops doesn't appeel to you then don't do the ride, there will be plenty of people their at the campsite during the rideout.

plowsie 14-07-10 02:45 PM

To add to what the Quiffster said, if you're a young female worried about all these dirty old men being around you...I'll look after you ;)

On a serious note...2007, a very well known man on this site offered to fit me a Scottoiler to my bike the weekend of the AR, more of a convincing to go...I'd never met anyone on this site and I was driving 100-150 miles up the M1 & M6 on my own to meet up with a bunch of bikers...I didn't know what to expect. The guy pushed me so much to come and told me I wouldn't regret going, he never turned up to the AR because of electrical problems and I never got my Scottoiler fitted, but, I had the best weekend of my life ever, covering the most miles I had ever on my bike (500+), learnt so much from various people, and it started many friendships with many people that still go strong today, I now have friends all over the country and I am very grateful to that one person for persuading me to go that year. That is the main reason why this years is very special to me.

Can you guess the person who convinced me was?

_Stretchie_ 14-07-10 02:47 PM

AND he ran over his foot, I remember your likkle smiling face as you came back in to the campsite

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowsie (Post 2319245)
Can you guess the person who convinced me was?

P.S. It wasn't me

; )

gruntygiggles 14-07-10 02:56 PM

I think so Plowsie. Been thinking about him a lot as the AR pms and threads are getting busier :smt010

But it's going to be the AR he wanted......beer, riding, laughs and everyone welcome :D

combatfred 14-07-10 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 2319231)

Can it be Klleeky?
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/y...0-05_14411.jpg

Anyway, as Quiff and the troops say. You won't regret coming. They're a great bunch of guys, so get you're name on the list and start getting excited.

maviczap 14-07-10 03:18 PM

Quote:

DO IT

JUST DO IT

so book it .. and come.

And it'll most likely be the biggest gathering of the Org (plus friends) ever

A once in a lifetime event

I was a bit shy a the last AR, but I still got a BEAR hug

widepants 14-07-10 03:40 PM

I can still remember the first time I met up with the Org for a weekend.I had to wear a "virgin" badge and then simply fell off my bike on a diesel spill whilst not actually moving.
thanks you guys for not Rolf

blue curvy jester 14-07-10 04:22 PM

they did but you were still on the deck so didn't see them

Drew Carey 14-07-10 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by widepants (Post 2319314)
I can still remember the first time I met up with the Org for a weekend.I had to wear a "virgin" badge and then simply fell off my bike on a diesel spill whilst not actually moving.
thanks you guys for not Rolf

God I remember that. Was the worst weather I've ridden in that weekend, but everyone still had beaming smiles.....you too even after that.

staceylew01 14-07-10 05:58 PM

Well to be honest, i didnt need that much persuading, although i havent been riding that long and ive only been on one rideout, i am really nervous bout coming on my own, but excited at the same time. :eek:

dizzyblonde 14-07-10 06:17 PM

AR...top banana...end of.

Even preggers peeeps try to make the effort, I ain't giving up hope yet!!
And if yer scared of campin....I will be camping, if I can you can...DOOOOOO ITTTTT :-)

chris8886 14-07-10 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceylew01 (Post 2319469)
Well to be honest, i didnt need that much persuading, although i havent been riding that long and ive only been on one rideout, i am really nervous bout coming on my own, but excited at the same time. :eek:

i'm pretty sure you'll be able to find a few others going from round where you are to make things more interesting/just to follow there. it's a really good way to start the event. us lot from the soho group normally do something and it's always good.

-Ralph- 14-07-10 09:44 PM

We don't bite, but pronounce something wrong and you'll get dragged over the coals!
;)

Milky Bar Kid 14-07-10 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 2319490)
AR...top banana...end of.

Even preggers peeeps try to make the effort, I ain't giving up hope yet!!
And if yer scared of campin....I will be camping, if I can you can...DOOOOOO ITTTTT :-)

That's just cos you are hardcore though Dizz!

widepants 15-07-10 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid (Post 2319665)
That's just cos you are hardcore though Dizz!

have you seen the vid aswell....:smt046

danf1234 15-07-10 09:12 AM

Quote:

DO IT

JUST DO IT

so book it .. and come.

I have to admit that's why I aren't coming. I am in the minority coming from York, and have never been to one of the meetings before. I would really like to, but always have the nagging doubt about not knowing anyone. Unfortunatley I have left this too late now, and I am away with work, but I think I will defo make it my priority to attend the next one. I have been a member of the site long enough to get my **** in gear.

gruntygiggles 15-07-10 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf1234 (Post 2319849)
I have to admit that's why I aren't coming. I am in the minority coming from York, and have never been to one of the meetings before. I would really like to, but always have the nagging doubt about not knowing anyone. Unfortunatley I have left this too late now, and I am away with work, but I think I will defo make it my priority to attend the next one. I have been a member of the site long enough to get my **** in gear.

Massive shame it's too late for you this time, but yes, do what you can to get to meets and get togethers, they really will become highlights of your year!

danf1234 15-07-10 09:17 AM

I know, its not as though I am shy or anything lol. I could kick myself for not organising to come. Unfortunately I will be in Switzerland with work. Gutted.

I have made myself a promise to make the next one.

gruntygiggles 15-07-10 09:21 AM

In fact, I think it is safe to say that while most people on this forum became friends through the forum and we all have our own lives outside of it, other groups of friends etc....we all really look forward to the AR each year.

It's just the best kind of weekend you can imagine and the two that I have been to so far have been absolutely fantastic.

If you look at how early after last years AR peoples thoughts turned to this years, you'll get an idea of how much we all look forward to them. We just enjoy them so much, we can't wait to look forward to the next one.

danf1234 15-07-10 09:24 AM

What are the big meetings for the org. Obviously the AR, but what was the GM????? where some people went off round SKYE?

_Stretchie_ 15-07-10 09:26 AM

[QUOTE=chris8886;2319619]
Quote:

Well your Avatar says you are only in Abergavenny so only down the road from the AR site (Hay-on-Wye) so you could always nip back home if you don't like us

;)

Do you go to the bus stop on your bike?

I'm sure some of us could meet you there before the AR sometime to just say hi. Would offer to meet up with you on the way to the AR but me and Grunty and a couple others are heading up on the Thursday to start setting up

gruntygiggles 15-07-10 09:28 AM

Almost all regional sections do their own little weekends away at some point during the year. Doesn't matter id you are from that area or not as you'll be wlecome at any of them. Us surfers from the south west are having one end of august if you fancy that, just go to the south west sufers section.

Each year there is usually a North Wales rideout which gets decent numbers. The GM is the annual Scottish rideout which also gets great numbers. Keep your eye open and join in. Put up a thread in your local section and see what comes from it. You could organise a weekend camping or just a days rideout :-)

danf1234 15-07-10 09:34 AM

I really fancy the Scotland GM thing. I climbed Ben Nevis while training for the 3 peaks and fell in love with whole area.

I am 34 and travelled all over the world, and last year was the first time I have been to Scotland.

gruntygiggles 15-07-10 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf1234 (Post 2319869)
I really fancy the Scotland GM thing. I climbed Ben Nevis while training for the 3 peaks and fell in love with whole area.

I am 34 and travelled all over the world, and last year was the first time I have been to Scotland.

WHAT??? You realised then that sometimes the best things are on your doorstep :-)

I love scotland and I hope Dan and I can do the GM next year and maybe tie it in with a holiday. It's a beautiful place. Then obviously, being from Wales, I love the scenery there, especially the coast.

Quiff Wichard 15-07-10 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf1234 (Post 2319849)

awwww

Paul the 6th lives in York !!

you should come to one at least .. I know you working this year..

I think new folk see the same names on here and the banter etc and think they will be left out.. but its not like that ..

for example..

if you are good looking or reasonable looking. or just breathing and a newbie.. BEAR will make a bee line for you and initiate you.. ... he does that to the girls too..:D

Quiff Wichard 15-07-10 10:38 AM

Quote:

cant you ride in with some of the folks from your way >> ?

as soon as you arrive you will be so pleased you came.. you wont be alone..

chris8886 15-07-10 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard (Post 2319939)
for example..

if you are good looking or reasonable looking. or just breathing and a newbie.. BEAR will make a bee line for you and initiate you.. ... he does that to the girls too..:D

i thought you were trying to encourage people to come quiff?! :rolleyes::p

Quiff Wichard 15-07-10 10:48 AM

I have made some ace friends on here.. (yea even the southerners)

Some folk I only see once a year but its like they are always around as they are on here.

some you meet and their personality is nothing like on here.. me for example.. I am nice . not the a$$hole I come across as on here.. ..

Many many folk ahve made good good friends on here.. take us.. we are going to France in september on the bikes with Matt Sv and Anita and we didnt know them at all B4 the org .. now we are good friends.. good job he lives 300 miles away though .. but see .. 300 miles and we both make the effort to meet up every few months at least ..

we all have a common interest .. alcohol.. ! no bikes.. - beyond that - yea there are some that you wouldnt pick as mates neccessarily (sp) in your day to day world but that is life.. everyone comes to the Ar to meet friends, feel the love and camaradre (sp) and have a good ride and a laugh on the sat night..

so beg steal or borrow a tent and put yer name down..

I am lucky in that living very central I can make a lot of the rides . AR , GM. Wales etc .. I realise its difficult for the more remote /isolated members. .. mind you look at dear Hovis he attended everything ! and he lived south wales.. so - it can be done.. so do it !

Footnote.. and dont worry if you have not ridden in a big group before.. no one is watching your riding.. you go at your own pace. the ride is not a race it is a steady ,lovely scenic ride and makes you feel alive as hell with all the bikes that YOU are a part of.. .. and the organisation and the briefings and the high viz riders etc make you feel safe as houses.. just be yourself and ride for yourself and .. oohhh its a brill weekend ....bring it on

Quiff Wichard 15-07-10 10:52 AM

:D I got so excited a little bit of wee came out :D

gruntygiggles 15-07-10 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard (Post 2319956)
:D I got so excited a little bit of wee came out :D

Join the club.....go get some tena ladys' like I did!!! ;-)

Milky Bar Kid 15-07-10 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruntygiggles (Post 2319961)
Join the club.....go get some tena ladys' like I did!!! ;-)

Ewwwww.

gruntygiggles 15-07-10 11:01 AM

Hahahaha, I got a bite ;-)

Milky Bar Kid 15-07-10 11:04 AM

I'm ill and that was a disturbing mental image.

staceylew01 15-07-10 11:48 AM

[QUOTE=_Stretchie_;2319860]
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris8886 (Post 2319619)

Well your Avatar says you are only in Abergavenny so only down the road from the AR site (Hay-on-Wye) so you could always nip back home if you don't like us

;)

Do you go to the bus stop on your bike?

I'm sure some of us could meet you there before the AR sometime to just say hi. Would offer to meet up with you on the way to the AR but me and Grunty and a couple others are heading up on the Thursday to start setting up

Well i spose i could pop home, if it all got too much for me!! I havent been out much this year, only just recovered from an operation i had on my foot, but will be getting back into once the weather starts behaving again. Would be good to meet a few at the bus station before hand.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard (Post 2319941)
cant you ride in with some of the folks from your way >> ?

as soon as you arrive you will be so pleased you came.. you wont be alone..

I hope so, im sure i'll find someone. I'm well excited.:smt041

ophic 15-07-10 12:07 PM

nobody worry, you're in no danger of being humped by a huge marauding hound... this year... I hope Gracie isn't too disappointed.

can everyone shut up about the AR now? :mad: :p

Just to back up the original point, I am so gutted I'm not going - it's just brilliant and if it was my only weekend away the whole year, I'd be happy.

_Stretchie_ 15-07-10 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ophic (Post 2320024)
nobody worry, you're in no danger of being humped by a huge marauding hound... this year... I hope Gracie isn't too disappointed.

I hope you're talking about Kaiser.. That could be read the wrong way.

:D

WUB YOU Gracie