SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Pennine Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Hardy Bikers - Home Safe Thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=126205)

xXBADGERXx 22-02-09 01:21 PM

Hardy Bikers - Home Safe Thread

xXBADGERXx repoting in as Home and Safe

With a Hangover

I want to die

`twas a Good weekend , cheers to everyone involved :thumbsup:

Going to bed as my head has it`s own Drum solo going on .

Bluepete 22-02-09 02:00 PM

Re: Hardy Bikers - Home Safe Thread

Home safe and well, Wrynose and Hardnot pass done and dusted, very windy it was!

and that was just the dorm!!

dizzyblonde 22-02-09 02:15 PM

Been home an hour or so. the house did fall down while I was away :-( Housework done, need new shoulders and a new clutch hand its swelling again. Now dozing for a couple of hours.

Good weekend, nice friendly bunch....:-)

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ;-)

Paul the 6th 22-02-09 02:24 PM

Home safe. Brushed my teeth. Stew and dumplings for tea. Badger is ace. Thank yc and everyone else... That is all :)

yorkie_chris 22-02-09 02:28 PM

Yorkies home safe.

Cheers to everyone who turned up and helped out.

AndyBrad 22-02-09 02:33 PM

Got back in one piece. Has a fantastic time and thanks to everyone who ws there as your all a really sound friendly bunch. Soooo cant wait till the next one. Bloody fab!!!!

dizzyblonde 22-02-09 02:34 PM

^^^^guess who's still grinning from ear to ear!!!

Steve_God 22-02-09 02:39 PM

Me & Mrs_Steve_God got home fine :)

Thanks to all those that organised it! Was a laugh and a half!!!

AndyBrad 22-02-09 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 1793524)
^^^^guess who's still grinning from ear to ear!!!

Yup, very much so. Had a fab time. And i think a special mension has to go to pmapp for looking after us on the way home. Fab time and i even managed not to soil myself which was a bonus :)

pmapp 22-02-09 04:11 PM

Awww, you'll make me blush.

Just got in, had an extra bimble on the way home after leaving you Andy.

We said hello to BluePete's grandads bench. Eeeee, it were a bit fresh up there.

Again, thanks to YC for the organisation, Badger and Smudge for the entertainment, and the other 12 noisy buggers who kept me awake all night.

:-) Until next time.

dizzyblonde 22-02-09 04:17 PM

Smudge is home.

must say i AM SOOOOOOO glad that Quiff and Mandy decided to come and surprise us......:smt041
anybody know if they got back ok?

Quiff Wichard 22-02-09 04:38 PM

yea i know !!

We just got back half hour ago to mine..

we had a lovely biiig breakfast- a little walk , chat to the B and B owners who come from Crewe !!!!! our home town- how odd !.. then we pottered down a few A roads after half hour at Windermere..

and dropped on the M6 cos Mand wanted to get home. and before we knew it- HOME.

was an ace time- cheers everyone.... was nice to meet the new faces and the Old ones again... Mand looooves it.. so doesnt look like I will be solo riding much this year.

newts924 22-02-09 05:06 PM

Home and safe

Thanks for eveyone for making my first ride out a good one :p:p

But now its back down to earth and i am off to work for my 12hr shift :rolleyes:

YC thanks :thumbsup:

Berlin 22-02-09 05:30 PM

Home safe and knackered. We did another full days worth of the lakes.

What a fantastic weekend! It was great to finally put some faces to names and ride with everyone.

Only one thing to say!...

WHEN'S THE NEXT ONE? :D

C

Ploppy 22-02-09 05:39 PM

You people have no respect! I would like to remind you that this thread has a strict 0% noise rule!! Tut tut... :p hehe

I've been back an hour it so, washed all the salt and stuff off the bike and now I think I'm going to have a doze... Thankyou very much for a great weekend and first org ride out :D :D

ThEGr33k 22-02-09 06:24 PM

Im home... :(

punyXpress 22-02-09 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluePete (Post 1793491)
Home safe and well, Wrynose and Hardnot pass done and dusted, very windy it was!

and that was just the dorm!!

Was that you we saw turning left from the A595 towards Eskdale green & passes, or did you do them East to West.
Did them West to East with Berlin & Regency - what an excellent day out to complement a cracking weekend.
Many thanks Yorkie Chris & helpers also to Miss YC for organising grey sheep for us over 60's ( that'll be only me then! )
180 miles today & 267 yesterday every one of which was great fun - got back just after 6
Thanx all !
David

Bluepete 22-02-09 07:13 PM

I went from Ambleside towards Coniston, then right over the passes, then down to the A595. So in a long winded way, it probably was me, yes!

Pete

charlie13 22-02-09 07:44 PM

Thank you for getting the rideout together Yorkie Chris, great ride and excellent to get out again with such a top gang of folks :-)

regency23 22-02-09 10:09 PM

Back safe and sound.:thumbsup:

punyXpress 22-02-09 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluePete (Post 1793763)
I went from Ambleside towards Coniston, then right over the passes, then down to the A595. So in a long winded way, it probably was me, yes!

Pete

Sounds like you did it East to West ( opposite to us ) so am glad we didn't meet on the passes. That would have been THE EPIC FAIL !
I expect you had something in reserve though I found those roads too tempting & rode accordingly. Great fun! My engine had been missing quite a bit after gear changes & off idle but sorted itself out on the REAL hills ( thank goodness )

missyburd 23-02-09 10:35 AM

I got back into Aber at half11 last night, loooong day!

Superb weekend, great bunch of folks and cracking route, LOVED it :-D

ThEGr33k 23-02-09 10:45 AM

Aye, meeting you will be something to remember for a while love... "Oh wow your tiny" I didnt know what to say to that tbh. :(

Quiff Wichard 23-02-09 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThEGr33k (Post 1794282)
Aye, meeting you will be something to remember for a while love... "Oh wow your tiny" I didnt know what to say to that tbh. :(

awww-- what a bad day you had ... you were so looking forward to it too..

always next time mate-- you cant legislate for a chain snap.. you could lube it though to limit the possibility ..

I didnt get to meet you- I was gettin hot chocolate.. mandy said she met you.. she described you as small 'n cute.. aww bless.

Dave20046 23-02-09 11:22 AM

home safe.

Dave20046 23-02-09 11:23 AM

Quote:

It's better than hearing it after 'getting to know them' :p

missyburd 23-02-09 11:24 AM

Quote:

You can stop winding me up now :smt040

ThEGr33k 23-02-09 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard (Post 1794323)
mandy said she met you.. she described you as small 'n cute.. aww bless.

Hmm. :( I need to become more Gruff. :p

ThEGr33k 23-02-09 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris (Post 1794347)
You can stop winding me up now :smt040

Erm....

Ok then :D

Dave20046 23-02-09 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ploppy (Post 1793646)
I've been back an hour it so, washed all the salt and stuff off the bike and now I think I'm going to have a doze... Thankyou very much for a great weekend and first org ride out :D :D

You looked so comfortable on the motorway I was bricking myself at the faster points.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ploppy (Post 1793646)
washed

:confused:

ThEGr33k 23-02-09 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave20046 (Post 1794394)
You looked so comfortable on the motorway I was bricking myself at the faster points.

Faster points? You mean 75? :p ha ha no, I cant blame you, with being on a naked and with the wind, also not riding for a while... But tbh mate you seemed fine. I was happy doing your pace :) Good job in hind sight, or I might not have got as far as I did :(

Dave20046 23-02-09 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThEGr33k (Post 1794406)
Faster points? You mean 75? :p ha ha no, I cant blame you, with being on a naked and with the wind, also not riding for a while... But tbh mate you seemed fine. I was happy doing your pace :) Good job in hind sight, or I might not have got as far as I did :(

For your information I touched the preverbial ton (indicated) a fair few times :smt019

(a ton is 70mph right?):plod:

Dave20046 23-02-09 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThEGr33k (Post 1794406)

I've decided when I get my compo payout and my insurance is up in october I'm going for a 650s unsure as to pointy or curvy yet.

hopefully YC'll miss this post to prevent ****ripping

yorkie_chris 23-02-09 12:04 PM

Lol no chance. That gay screen you put on it has rubbed off on you!

Who needs a fairing, what is your neck meant for?

Dave20046 23-02-09 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkie_chris (Post 1794426)
Lol no chance. That gay screen you put on it has rubbed off on you!

Who needs a fairing, what is your neck meant for?

lol shíte.
Actually the gáy screen didn't do much at all I took it off as soon as I got home (and lubed my chain:smt083) then went out for another few hours.

To be honest I secretly want a pointy S but not sure if I dare mechanics and cost of dropping wise.

yorkie_chris 23-02-09 12:15 PM

About the same tbh. Fuel injection doesn't go wrong as much, but when it does you're f##ked!

Put some crash bungs on and dropping them is about the same...

Dave20046 23-02-09 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkie_chris (Post 1794449)
About the same tbh. Fuel injection doesn't go wrong as much, but when it does you're f##ked!

Put some crash bungs on and dropping them is about the same...

crap lol I've been reading some worrying stuff apointys today they all seem to be going wrong! Are any particular years better than others? K5s? I might get a curvy I'm not sure dizzy's looked cool.

Any idea if my exhaust system would fit the pointy? Surely it should, the cylinders are in the same position.

yorkie_chris 23-02-09 12:21 PM

It might if you're very lucky, but remember pointy has an oil cooler, different shock layout etc.

I might be tempted to have that pipework off you if you change bikes http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:...ls/vulture.gif

dizzyblonde 23-02-09 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave20046 (Post 1794459)
Are any particular years better than others? K5s? I might get a curvy I'm not sure dizzy's looked cool.

99-02 HTH

is that your not sure, my bike looked cool:cheers:? or my bike didn't look cool:twisted:?

Come over and look at my yellow one....then you'll be convinced a yellow curvy S is the way to go:takeabow:

Dave20046 23-02-09 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkie_chris (Post 1794467)
It might if you're very lucky, but remember pointy has an oil cooler, different shock layout etc.

I might be tempted to have that pipework off you if you change bikes http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:...ls/vulture.gif

Aye I'd be tempted to leave it on because it's a massive selling point (only reason I bought the bike...other than the price). But if it doesn't fit my next bike I'll give you a shout first. I'm sure you won't mind the scruffy downpipe :p

I wouldn't have anything but a highlevel on an sv I think they look awesome.