SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2010 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   AR10 Proposals More time required? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=138940)

Stu 06-09-09 09:14 PM

AR10 Proposals More time required?

It's very quiet in the proposal thread http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=138699
So does anyone need more time to put together a proposal?

Gratefull if a Mod could sticky this

DarrenSV650S 06-09-09 09:15 PM

Re: AR10 Proposals More time required?

Sounds like it's already been decided ;)

gruntygiggles 06-09-09 09:28 PM

Oooh, I shall be watching this very carefully......I won't vote as I think that would be a little naughty....but am waiting with baited breath!

fizzwheel 06-09-09 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2027418)
Gratefull if a Mod could sticky this

Done

Ed 06-09-09 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S (Post 2027421)
Sounds like it's already been decided ;)

...and I bet you believe the moon landings were faked:D

hovis 06-09-09 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed (Post 2027450)
...and I bet you believe the moon landings were faked:D

:smt045

davepreston 06-09-09 09:43 PM

i thought my belfast proposal was well done and worth concideration :) lol

Spiderman 06-09-09 09:50 PM

good poll idea Stu, i know there have been a couple of weekenders recently so maybe thats why the proposal thread has been so quiet. Maybe.

How long have you set the poll for? I'm hoping we give enough time to those who have been away on one to read these threads and catch up and see this poll to say they need more time.

gruntygiggles 06-09-09 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 2027467)
good poll idea Stu, i know there have been a couple of weekenders recently so maybe thats why the proposal thread has been so quiet. Maybe.

How long have you set the poll for? I'm hoping we give enough time to those who have been away on one to read these threads and catch up and see this poll to say they need more time.

If you look at the results...it says the poll will close on 20th Sept hun.

HTH xxx

hovis 06-09-09 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 2027467)
How long have you set the poll for? .

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruntygiggles (Post 2027472)
If you look at the results...it says the poll will close on 20th Sept hun.

HTH xxx

lol @ spidey........... call your self a mod? pffffffft

;)

Spiderman 06-09-09 09:57 PM

i call myself many things. A lazy speed reader being one of them and Spartacus even at times.

Fear me, for even i am scared of my own shadow.

hovis 10-09-09 10:23 AM

regarding the "Yes, FFS it's next year there's no rush yet " option, i know its early, 8-9 months away, but as Gruntygiggles has said, the campsite only has a few weekends left for next year, the longer we leave it the less choice of dates we will get.

and i know that we will not be able to come up with a campsite with so much to offer at such a good price.

:smt023

Stu 10-09-09 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 2030806)
regarding the "Yes, FFS it's next year there's no rush yet " option, i know its early, 8-9 months away, but as Gruntygiggles has said, the campsite only has a few weekends left for next year, the longer we leave it the less choice of dates we will get.

and i know that we will not be able to come up with a campsite with so much to offer at such a good price.

:smt023

Thanks for the bump. Unless you are saying that 10 more days is too much? :confused: (and if it is, please say so) I think we can rely on the lack of activity (except votes - thank you :)) in this thread too, that 20/9/09 is the absolute cut off date, and you can go ahead and post the date thread then(subject to Afghani style vote rigging before 20/9/09)

hovis 11-09-09 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2031840)
Thanks for the bump. Unless you are saying that 10 more days is too much? :confused: (and if it is, please say so) I think we can rely on the lack of activity (except votes - thank you :)) in this thread too, that 20/9/09 is the absolute cut off date, and you can go ahead and post the date thread then(subject to Afghani style vote rigging before 20/9/09)

you chosse the cut off date of the 20th, so maybe we should wait till then?

nobody has come forward with the intention of putting somthing together. and even if they do, i dont think it would better GG's efforts

see what the AR mod (spiderman) thinks?

Stu 11-09-09 07:14 AM

With respect, I don't think it's down to him or any other Mod.
If you tell us that waiting another day is going to put the choice of a particular weekend at risk, then I think we should move to the next stage. Remember, the date poll will have to run for a period of time before you can provide the Baskerville with a definite date.

It seems like it's been dragging on for ages (350+ posts chat thread :)) but it's only been just over a week so I think at least 2 weeks would be good to wait if possible to avoid any accusations of sounds like it's already been decided :wink:

hovis 11-09-09 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2031901)
If you tell us that waiting another day is going to put the choice of a particular weekend at risk, then I think we should move to the next stage. Remember, the date poll will have to run for a period of time before you can provide the Baskerville with a definite date.

It seems like it's been dragging on for ages (350+ posts chat thread :)) but it's only been just over a week so I think at least 2 weeks would be good to wait if possible to avoid any accusations of sounds like it's already been decided :wink:

yeah, i agree and to be honest, i dont think anyone will be able to compete with what gruntygiggles has proposed.

and on the plus side, there does not seem to be the usual moaning, ;)

fizzwheel 11-09-09 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2031901)

I completey agree, you guys need to sort this out amongst yourselves IMHO.

Stu 11-09-09 08:36 AM

OK, due warning! this poll may close before the scheduled date. Get your super dooper cooper trooper proposals in please :D

plowsie 11-09-09 08:45 AM

I would put an idea forward, but:

I have no bike - though I have a route.
It's over this area of the country again.

EDIT: Let the Hove get his way, it's a clear winnner with all :)

diamond 11-09-09 11:24 AM

I say close the poll and get a date up, might as well get the ball rolling it gives folks plenty of time to book time off from work and stuff.

Pingu65 11-09-09 11:34 AM

Close the poll.

Seconded.....

We have a clear winner and people that are interested have had time to vote or propose and alternative.

dizzyblonde 11-09-09 11:55 AM

I want to sleep in the posh place in Wales.....close it :-)

Better be able to get a date with them now or else!!!

caz650s 11-09-09 07:22 PM

I agree ...

Lets get the date sorted before we loose out on one of the few weekends left ,

Most of us that turn up & support the AR's will have seen these posts by now and any other suggestions would have been put forward by now !

phil24_7 14-09-09 06:15 PM

As much as I hate to say it, and despise having to pay to get in... "Lets go to Wales!"

Spiderman 14-09-09 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 2031881)
see what the AR mod (spiderman) thinks?

Just to clarify for everyone.... the only way i am a mod of the AR is to be the janitor for the threads. If there is a clean up required in aisle 3 them send me a PM or something.

In EVERY other respect the AR is for you guys to decide on and all threads, votes etc is down to you guys to generate and organise. If something needs sticky-ing then PM me :)

diamond 14-09-09 06:30 PM

Maybe we ought to get a date poll going then. 44 people have voted to say they like the idea of wales so we may as well get the ball rolling.

RichT 14-09-09 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamond (Post 2034517)
Maybe we ought to get a date poll going then. 44 people have voted to say they like the idea of wales so we may as well get the ball rolling.

+1 - lets get the show rolling folks... seems pointless to delay thing's given the results above.

hovis 14-09-09 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil24_7 (Post 2034508)
As much as I hate to say it, and despise having to pay to get in... "Lets go to Wales!"

come on the bike

its FREE

newts924 14-09-09 07:41 PM

Wales for me please mate :)

Lets get the dates sorted now...

mattSV 14-09-09 08:00 PM

Lets do it.......

arcdef 14-09-09 08:32 PM

I hit the wrong option, I meant yes ffs its next year, really want to start convincing someone to do a Scotland one ;)

phil24_7 14-09-09 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 2034557)
come on the bike

its FREE

No. For 2 resons.

1. I couldn't possibly leave the motorhome ;) at home!

2. I'll get done for "excessive speed" pulling away from the toll booths, as the urge to full throttle it is too great!

hovis 14-09-09 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil24_7 (Post 2034767)

2. I'll get done for "excessive speed" pulling away from the toll booths, as the urge to full throttle it is too great!

ive never been done for that:smt017

dizzyblonde 14-09-09 09:37 PM

well as the venue is such a popular place, all this umming and arrring over when to close the poll is surely using up valuable time to be choosing a date.
After all the Wales proposal seems so good, nobody would want to be disappointed if we were to find the venue was fully booked, because we'd wasted time thinking about it so long

newts924 14-09-09 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 2034817)
well as the venue is such a popular place, all this umming and arrring over when to close the poll is surely using up valuable time to be choosing a date.
After all the Wales proposal seems so good, nobody would want to be disappointed if we were to find the venue was fully booked, because we'd wasted time thinking about it so long

:winner:

gruntygiggles 14-09-09 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil24_7 (Post 2034767)
No. For 2 resons.

1. I couldn't possibly leave the motorhome ;) at home!

1. Go round the A46 to Gloucester then A48 to Chepstow to avoid the bridge....but you'd have to pay the extra petrol anyway, so may as well just use the bridge!

2. I've been told by an old school mate who's now a copper in Caldicot that the A48 between the bridge and the M4 Bristol side is about the safest place to go full throttle if you want to.......and I've never seen police cars there or cameras.....but take your own risk as it's just something I've been told.

davepreston 14-09-09 10:34 PM

I am sparticus and i say put up date poll
all who oppose me shall be smyted

Bri w 14-09-09 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davepreston (Post 2034877)
I am sparticus and i say put up date poll
all who oppose me shall be smyted

But i'm Sparticus!

But i concur, although i've used my full quota of Smytes

Spiderman 14-09-09 10:47 PM

haha, all this talk of "do a date poll someone" and yet no ones done a date poll yet :lol:

go on, i dare ya.

gruntygiggles 14-09-09 10:58 PM

If Hovis hasn't done it by midday tomorrow, I will do it. I'm trying to see if any other dates have come available as the guy at the hotel mentioned he was waiting on some confirmations, but Hovis has the definate available dates.