SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   The Border Patrol (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   BP Tea and Sarnies ride#2 - dates? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=236540)

garynortheast 11-07-20 07:50 AM

BP Tea and Sarnies ride#2 - dates?

Let's sort a date for another ride out which involves more than just me. Obviously weather dependant, and observing the strict social distancing guidelines we have here in Wales.

As with my ride yesterday, there will be no cafes or eateries involved. A flask and butties are the order of the day.

Give me some idea of availability folks. I'm pretty flexible with timing so can fit in with other people's requirements without too much bother.

aj76 11-07-20 07:57 AM

Re: BP Tea and Sarnies ride#2 - dates?

I'm off last week in July/first week of August so can do week days during those 2 weeks [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

garynortheast 11-07-20 08:00 AM

Weekdays would probably mean less traffic Andy, even in school holidays, so I'm all in favour of that!

admin 11-07-20 08:08 AM

I'm available most days. Having said that I'm not sure when I'll be returning to work but I suspect it might be in the next week or so.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

garynortheast 11-07-20 08:19 AM

You generally have a weekday or two off don't you John? if so which weekdays are free?

Can other folk manage a weekday with a bit of advance notice?

admin 11-07-20 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3117543)
You generally have a weekday or two off don't you John? if so which weekdays are free?

Can other folk manage a weekday with a bit of advance notice?

I only do two days a week. It's generally wed and thu but it varies. I can usually swap though if I give enough notice.

garynortheast 11-07-20 10:53 AM

Shall we provisionally say either a Wednesday or Thursday then? Andy, how would that suit you? Adam, how about you?

aj76 11-07-20 10:55 AM

Those 2 weeks I'm good any weekday [emoji6]

I know you prefer the weekdays which is why I mentioned it. Up for most weekends but have been heading over the peak District and east with Baz whilst the borders been shut. Want to get the gixxer into Wales soon

Craig380 11-07-20 03:55 PM

My work's likely to get in the way this coming week, but the week after should be better

Adam Ef 11-07-20 05:38 PM

I usually have Monday and Wednesdays off.
I work most Saturdays.

garynortheast 11-07-20 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 3117544)
I only do two days a week. It's generally wed and thu but it varies. I can usually swap though if I give enough notice.

Oops! I misread that as meaning you have Wednesday and Thursday off John. I’ll get the nurse to sort my meds for me when she arrives and up the dosage of anti stupid tablets!

Ok, how about Monday 27th July, weather permitting?

admin 11-07-20 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3117558)
Oops! I misread that as meaning you have Wednesday and Thursday off John. I’ll get the nurse to sort my meds for me when she arrives and up the dosage of anti stupid tablets!

Ok, how about Monday 27th July, weather permitting?

Other way round Gary. Usually work on those days, but go with the majority as the boss is very flexible and I'll be able to fit in whatever date we go with

The only dates I definately can't make are the 23 and 27 july

garynortheast 11-07-20 08:16 PM

Ok, how is everyone with Wednesday 29thJuly?

admin 11-07-20 08:18 PM

[emoji106]

Grant66 12-07-20 05:38 PM

[emoji3525] can't do midweek, unless I get Furloughed again.
If the weather turns back to biblical rains, you'll know that has happened.

Sent from an S20 using Tapatalk with that kin cr4p blocked

garynortheast 13-07-20 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant66 (Post 3117588)
can't do midweek, unless I get Furloughed again.
If the weather turns back to biblical rains, you'll know that has happened.

Maybe we'll try for a weekend ride after the school holidays Grant.

Adam Ef 13-07-20 08:02 PM

I'd be up for both. Bit of an early morning depart though to get up there to meet up.

I need to check on the 29th as wife and kids might be away... which in theory means I'm free, but will have the dog to look after and can't leave her for a really long day alone. Not sure I can ask anyone to look after her yet either?

garynortheast 13-07-20 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ef (Post 3117630)
I'd be up for both. Bit of an early morning depart though to get up there to meet up.

I love those really early starts. It feels like you have the world pretty much to your self. When I go up to Kendal meet my mate from Yorkshire for a day's riding in the lakes, I start really early. It's hard to beat on a fine, sunny, summer morning.

Adam Ef 13-07-20 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3117633)
..It's hard to beat on a fine, sunny, summer morning.

Let's hope for one of those!

garynortheast 14-07-20 07:42 AM

Lets settle for Wednesday 29th July. The route I have in mind goes to Llyn Efyrnwy first, so I'm going to suggest we either meet at the dam there or here in the village in the little car park. 10am start from the village, 10.40am from the dam at the lake.

Post here if you are definitely coming and I'll pm you the postcode for the village carpark.

admin 14-07-20 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3117641)
Lets settle for Wednesday 29th July. The route I have in mind goes to Llyn Efyrnwy first, so I'm going to suggest we either meet at the dam there or here in the village in the little car park. 10am start from the village, 10.40am from the dam at the lake.

Post here if you are definitely coming and I'll pm you the postcode for the village carpark.

Lake Vyrnwy for us English barbarians.

aj76 14-07-20 11:59 AM

Lake probably make most sense for me :)

garynortheast 14-07-20 02:05 PM

Anyone going to the lake, cross the dam when you get there as we're going down the twisty side. It'll get you in the right frame of mind for a couple of the gnarly, goat tracks we'll be riding from the lake!

admin 14-07-20 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3117651)
Anyone going to the lake, cross the dam when you get there as we're going down the twisty side. It'll get you in the right frame of mind for a couple of the gnarly, goat tracks we'll be riding from the lake!

I think I know the goat tracks you mean[emoji6]

aj76 14-07-20 03:31 PM

There appears to be a large car park that would be crossing the dam for me at https://what3words.com/kingdom.face.majoring would that make a good meeting point for those heading to the lake?

admin 14-07-20 03:47 PM

Or the cafe carpark here.
https://w3w.co/tilts.estimated.generated

aj76 14-07-20 07:44 PM

I saw that one John and then the larger one further on. Thought with it being a business and smaller the other one may be better but doesn't really make much of a difference, as long as it's the 'right' side of the dam [emoji23]

Adam Ef 14-07-20 09:48 PM

Looking like family might just be back in time for this to look after the dog. It'll be a long day! 3 hours to get there if I just go motorway and main road across. About 4 if I go a more interesting route... although 8 hours round trip as well as the days riding might be a bit much. I don't think it's a GSXR (hip-cramp) journey .. hmm.

garynortheast 14-07-20 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 3117656)
I think I know the goat tracks you mean[emoji6]

He he!

garynortheast 15-07-20 06:40 AM

I've started watching the weather for this now! The 29th is looking good at the moment.

garynortheast 15-07-20 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ef (Post 3117686)
Looking like family might just be back in time for this to look after the dog. It'll be a long day! 3 hours to get there if I just go motorway and main road across. About 4 if I go a more interesting route... although 8 hours round trip as well as the days riding might be a bit much. I don't think it's a GSXR (hip-cramp) journey .. hmm.

It's a long way for a days riding, and probably not the thing to do on the gixer. Having said that, when I go up to the Lakes for a day of riding it's usually a 5 hour round trip plus the day riding in the Lakes. The SV is pretty comfy for long journeys though.

Maybe it's time to add to the bike collection and get a comfy touring bike Adam.

garynortheast 18-07-20 12:24 PM

We may have three or four riders from my village joining us for our day out on 29th. All good folks and a varied selection of bikes, an Aprilia, a couple of old BMWs and and early 90s Trumpet. Don’t know yet if all of them will make it but there are likely to be at least a couple of them.

aj76 18-07-20 12:26 PM

I will be on the gsxr and Baz may be joining on his cbr too if he can make it.

garynortheast 18-07-20 01:05 PM

Great stuff, and it’ll be good to see you both again.

garynortheast 19-07-20 12:45 PM

I've started monitoring the weather forecast for 29th. It's looking a bit miserable at the moment, but it's changing on a daily basis so there's hope yet!

garynortheast 21-07-20 08:41 PM

Weather looking better for 29th at the moment! :-D

aj76 23-07-20 09:53 AM

Its been showing as showers on my weather app and met office but improved past few days and now looking good :fingers_crossed:

garynortheast 23-07-20 08:12 PM

Weather is looking ok for this side of the mountains, less so for the coast at the moment. Hopefully it'll improve by next Wednesday.

I am so looking forward to this ride.

garynortheast 26-07-20 04:17 PM

Weather forecast for east and west of the mountains is improving day by day. Now looking pretty good for Wednesday. :-D

admin 26-07-20 04:35 PM

Fingers crossed. Did we finalise the meeting point and time?