SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   embarrassing moments.. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=113863)

Quiff Wichard 13-07-08 05:20 PM

embarrassing moments..

oops...

went for a meal..with a lady friend (no I didnt have to pay for her evenings company scoobs) .. just in a pub.. but said wait here to be seated.
we waited..
half hour wait for table so lady took our name and we had a drink and chilled out in the bar- she called us to the table 20 mins later- real nice...

sat there- and sat there and sat there.. 30 minutes.. !!! waiting to place order
in end I got up went to the lady who seated us and said a rant about waiting to place our order bla bla bla.. she said - oh you place your order yourself at the bar- I COULD HAVE DIED !! ..

ha !..

made the table next to us pee themselves laughin..

was a bit poor though- assumed get seated and waitress service.. numpty

nearly as bad as when i was with Kim once and I ordered calzone in an italian.to show off!! !!. it came and I said "no mate I ordered pizza" ............ he said calzone sir is pizza- a folded pizza..

so begs the Q?.

whats your most embarrasing moment.

Alpinestarhero 13-07-08 05:24 PM

Re: embarrassing moments..

Poor quiff!!

but was it a goo night in all with her? will you be seeing each other again?

Quiff Wichard 13-07-08 05:37 PM

saw each other today !..

yeaaa go me .. !!

MR UKI (1) 13-07-08 05:39 PM

Just told Quiff this one, but happened to me today.

Car hasn't moved for a while and the battery was flat, so stuck it on the charger this morning and went for a spin this afternoon. Drove about 4-5 miles and stopped for petrol. Came back to the car and it wouldn't start, so asked a guy who was doing his tyres if he had some jump leads and would give us a jump start. Hooked leads up to my battery and he was hooking them up to his when huge sparks started flying (bearing in mind i was still parked next to the pump at this point). Anyhoo the garage attendant came charging out of the shop to tell us the error of our ways, but i was either too dim or distracted to realise what happened until a couple of mins later :o

tanis34 13-07-08 07:08 PM

now that could of been intresting (boom) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq97Z...eature=related

Gary C 13-07-08 08:37 PM

When i was in my teens,i was putting central heating in a house and the people there had a really nice Daughter.I went to work there after a night on the beer and i had not been there long when i needed to go the the loo.I sat down and did what i had to do,but did not realise i had not locked the door.Half way through the Daughter walked in and saw me sitting there with my trousers round my ankles.We were there for another three days and i went red every time i saw her.

Frank 13-07-08 08:46 PM

I remember a certain tool who walked out to his bike at a fuel station on NW3,and in front of nearly 30 strangers.....dropped his bike

tanis34 13-07-08 08:54 PM

i was cleaning windows at a house and saw a load of sandwiches and cakes on the table, when the lady answered the door the conversation was
hello looks like someones going to have a good party .
women / it was my husbands funeral today
doohh:oops:

richie95 13-07-08 09:09 PM

i went to the cinema with my now ex wife, she was saying 'its my turn to pay' being all equal and presented a points card to pay for the movie...mmmmm should have spotted it then...

ArtyLady 13-07-08 09:14 PM

Gotta be the time I was stood with a new boyfriend (I was 15) outside his mate's house and a bird flying above swooped in and dropped a big f**k off poo on my head...new boyfriend laughed - I cried - he dumped me shortly afterwards! :confused: :lol:

richie95 13-07-08 09:18 PM

sorry but thats excellent... i cant stop laughing... a story my aunt told me was, once her and my mum were out and about, they were trying to chat up the boys and my aunt asks this guy for a light, he struck the match and cupped his hand, as she went in with the ciggie, a big snot dribble. left her nose, like a bungy, touched his hand and went back up.... as she 'snorted' it back...

G 13-07-08 09:21 PM

Imbarrasing for me, but even more so for the plumber.

My boiler broke and we had a plumber around looking at it under warranty.

The plumber asked to go to the toilet and my girldfriend said to use one of the toilets on the second floor as we dont use them much.

We then realised that as we dont use them much that we may not have supplied them with toilet roll recently, so immediately hoped he only needed a number 1........ten minutes later he was still at it.

We still dont know what he used as bog roll to this day, it made for a very awkward 2 hours lol

custard 13-07-08 09:22 PM

whilst working for a bike dealer i was asked to relocate a bike from their showroom to their storage.

bike goes on back of pickup and off i go. mate gets out to open doors to said storage and i go to unload CBF500.
get the bike unloaded to the point where i have to step down off the back of the van all goes well.... for a split second.
bike overbalances and pins me against the side of the pick up. could i move? could i bollox.
so theres me in full liveried shirt like a stuck pig. guess who helps me out... a sprightly octagenarian... oh yeah. top form.
the howls from my workmate have never quite left me...

Fizzy Fish 13-07-08 09:27 PM

Was looking at a friend of a friend's wedding pics the other day, she's c. 30 and looked nice in her dress etc.

The weather had obviously been a bit ropey though, so there was one pic where her dad was helping her to hold the ends of her dress up as she walked across the grass. Only the skirt was actually being held up really quite high, and being in a jovial mood (and having had a few vinos!) I happened to comment on how it was a bit dodge how her dad was showing her legs off to everyone...

...just at that moment her 'dad' came over from the other side of the bar, put his arm around her and gave her a kiss... #-o

:lol: :lol:

G 13-07-08 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzy Fish (Post 1567308)

...just at that moment her 'dad' came over from the other side of the bar, put his arm around her and gave her a kiss... #-o

:lol: :lol:

HAHAHA now that is good........

Grinch 13-07-08 10:34 PM

I think 'I' fell out of my shorts at the AR, not that embarrassing though.

yorkie_chris 13-07-08 11:09 PM

Stuffed my 125... in the one way system of the uni halls I was in at the time... going over a speed bump I forgot was there round a slippery corner.

About 30mph, (10mph limit d'oh) ... came to rest having bounced over the speed bump in a sparky, bloody fashion... right in front of the bus stop, with about 30 pi$$ed students waiting to get bus into leeds city center. F###.

Warthog 14-07-08 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1567305)
Imbarrasing for me, but even more so for the plumber.

My boiler broke and we had a plumber around looking at it under warranty.

The plumber asked to go to the toilet and my girldfriend said to use one of the toilets on the second floor as we dont use them much.

We then realised that as we dont use them much that we may not have supplied them with toilet roll recently, so immediately hoped he only needed a number 1........ten minutes later he was still at it.

We still dont know what he used as bog roll to this day, it made for a very awkward 2 hours lol

Why didn't you just go and hand him some round the door!!

dizzyblonde 14-07-08 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gid (Post 1567275)
I remember a certain tool who walked out to his bike at a fuel station on NW3,and in front of nearly 30 strangers.....dropped his bike

he pulled in and slipped on diesel......and everyone picked the bike up. we didn't laugh

yorkie_chris 14-07-08 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 1567727)
he pulled in and slipped on diesel......and everyone picked the bike up. we didn't laugh

Speak for yourself :-P

Accident with no damage or injury? That's pretty much always funny :-D

Speedy Claire 14-07-08 12:59 PM

Dropping my bike in the petrol station at Betswy-Coed and being pinned underneath it until 2 guys came to help.... then did exactly the same thing in he same petrol station the following weekend too! It was my CBR and I was just to impatient and shouldn`t have ridden it prior to it being lowered :(

Last summer "dancing" in my bedroom wearing tartan pyjama`s and singing into a hairbrush then realising that the house at the back of me had scaffolding around the roof and all the workmen were standing there watching me! much clapping and cheering followed whilst I crawled out on my hands and knees!

The usual coming out of the ladies in a restaurant with my dress tucked in my knickers, plus another time walking out and dragging an unravelling toilet roll with me which my stilleto heel had attached itself to.

Filipe M. 14-07-08 01:01 PM

God I must have lived a very sheltered life, the most embarassing moment I can remember was failing to unclip a pushbike pedal in front of a bus stop full of people, with the subsequent *very slow* fall to the pavement... oh well.

Baph 14-07-08 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filipe M. (Post 1567739)
God I must have lived a very sheltered life,

Either that, or you're thick skinned & don't embarass easily.

I can't think of anything worthwhile to post here off hand either. I've done some silly things, but nothing that I'm really embarassed about.

Ceri JC 14-07-08 02:38 PM

Crashing a pushbike spectacularly into the back of the car of a colleague who regularly warned me, "ride your bike like that and you'll wind up in hospital". He'd had a go at me a day earlier for jumping it at high speeds off a speed bump and nearly hitting his car as he was parking it. The fact the chap was so nice about it and helped me up without rubbing it in/never mentioned it again made it all the more embarrasing. Top tip, don't ride flat out down the steepest hill you ride down with lots of surface water, wearing no more protection than a pair of workboots and a cheap lid.

redbouy 14-07-08 03:03 PM

Just had the deck hand fall off the aft gangway in to the water. We have been getting ready to leave Porto Fino and about 100 peeps are watching.
Cost
1 3g phone [his]
1 normal phone [his]
1 ships radio [boats]
1 pair of D&G sunny's [his]

but really
swimming in the pooy water with every one watching. Priceless

muffles 14-07-08 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceri JC (Post 1567868)
Top tip, don't ride flat out down the steepest hill you ride down with lots of surface water, wearing no more protection than a pair of workboots and a cheap lid.

Crikey - you ever been on "How to Look Good Naked"?

Grinch 14-07-08 03:32 PM

I was also stripped naked at my Wedding reception, I had nothing but a builders hat to hide my man hood.

kitkat 14-07-08 04:33 PM

whilst in hein gericke somewhere near guildford with bf, I was whittering on about how nice the collar on a jacket felt. I was saying "feel it feel it feel it" rather loudly. bf walked up to me took my tits into his hands and said "there you go" and walked away. I was so embarrassed I just stood there. then chased after him trying to convince anyone who had seen the display that did actually know him. still blush about it yet 3 years later

Sid Squid 14-07-08 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baph (Post 1567755)
I can't think of anything worthwhile to post here off hand either. I've done some silly things, but nothing that I'm really embarassed about.

I have the opposite experience, I don't know where to start.

I might be able to narrow it down to the best few dozen. Maybe.