SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2008 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   ooo AR oooo AR oooo AYE (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=104780)

dizzyblonde 16-02-08 07:51 PM

ooo AR oooo AR oooo AYE

I thought I would put up a new thread to bring the AR back to those who are excited about it. Just to bring the edge off all the bickering we seem to be doing in here. A little light relief for all the tension. No insults, no questions, just excited banter. So whos up for a bit of 'cider drinking' ??

I know I am!!!!:drink:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...Image054_1.jpg

Heres hoping to a good time with all my mates ont Org, old and new, even if it is a few months away

missyburd 16-02-08 07:56 PM

Re: ooo AR oooo AR oooo AYE

mmmmm ciderrrrrr.....:D

nice pic Lou, need a bit of straw to chew though, then tha will be properrrrr ;)

fizzwheel 16-02-08 07:58 PM

You can only call it cider if it is cloud and has bits in it.

Taunton Dry Blackthorn is not Cider
Strongbow is not Cider
Magners is not Cider

repeat this mantra there will be a test.

dizzyblonde 16-02-08 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris (Post 1419627)
mmmmm ciderrrrrr.....:D

nice pic Lou, need a bit of straw to chew though, then tha will be properrrrr ;)

I think I will wear my straw hat. I even have a spare for Matt too, its better than his hick red Yamaha one!!!!!

hovis 16-02-08 08:11 PM

no........

i dont like cider

how about lager?

ASM-Forever 16-02-08 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzwheel (Post 1419631)
You can only call it cider if it is cloud and has bits in it.

Taunton Dry Blackthorn is not Cider
Strongbow is not Cider
Magners is not Cider

repeat this mantra there will be a test.

White Lightning? ;)

dizzyblonde 16-02-08 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 1419647)
no........

i dont like cider

how about lager?

in the words of father jack

http://a980.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...88234979_l.jpg

DRINK!!!

fizzwheel 16-02-08 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1419652)
White Lightning? ;)

Look look a blasphemer, begone heathen

dizzyblonde 16-02-08 08:27 PM

what about old rosie?? or is that not cider enough?

neio79 16-02-08 08:32 PM

does Bulmers count as Cider??

fizzwheel 16-02-08 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neio79 (Post 1419672)
does Bulmers count as Cider??

No and No. Its all mass produced pish... you want the local stuff thats made on some of the farms in this area. Its much better. Its not the strength its the taste thats different.

This is what you want

http://www.ciderbrandy.co.uk/location.html

missyburd 16-02-08 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 1419643)
I think I will wear my straw hat. I even have a spare for Matt too, its better than his hick red Yamaha one!!!!!

heehee that's a must-see!

I'm not too fussy with cider, quite happy to start at strongbow and work me way up (much further up if money permits :p)

hovis 16-02-08 08:39 PM

special red?

timwilky 16-02-08 08:45 PM

Man & Scythe in Bolton town centre had big barrels of cider behind the bar when I used to call in before descending into hell. Otherwise known as the cellar of the Swan (Good old days of the 70s).

This stuff was various shades of orange, had lumpy bits, the odd rat bone, and god knows what else in it and tasted like flat ****. (Not that I know what **** tastes like). However, 3 pints and you knew you had had a drink. No fancy pumps, just a tap knocked into the barrel and out flowed the **** with a kick.

That to me was cider, nowhere near cider country, but somebody knew where to get his barrels

Lissa 16-02-08 08:45 PM

Back in my youth I spent a season working at Butlins in Minehead. I used to drink in those days, and one night we went out in search of Scrumpy. We found this tiny little pub in a back street, and I had two pints of this mysterious, cloudy liquid. Felt fine.

Then we left the pub and I discovered some b*gg*r had nicked my legs while I was in there:D

dizzyblonde 16-02-08 08:52 PM

my mum and dad went to cider country, before I was born( and many times since), and, when my mum used to drink. They went into a local pub and sampled some of the scrumpy. My dad kept telling her to take it easy with it, but, she kept on drinking it and swore she felt fine........until she got out in the summer evenings air and promptly fell down the stairs......very drunk

neio79 16-02-08 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzwheel (Post 1419682)
No and No. Its all mass produced pish... you want the local stuff thats made on some of the farms in this area. Its much better. Its not the strength its the taste thats different.

This is what you want

may be getting some of this to accompany me to AR08 then:D , oh but only if its got bits of wasps and apples floating in it, cos thats real cider isnt it?? :p

neio79 16-02-08 08:54 PM

I love summer evenings down here in the south, hot evening lazy nights getting slowely pi*8ed on cider , well actually anything to be fair!!

tinpants 17-02-08 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1419699)
Back in my youth I spent a season working at Butlins in Minehead. I used to drink in those days, and one night we went out in search of Scrumpy. We found this tiny little pub in a back street, and I had two pints of this mysterious, cloudy liquid. Felt fine.

Then we left the pub and I discovered some b*gg*r had nicked my legs while I was in there:D

Ah. That explains why you're so short!! Only joking hun. Luv ya really.

Warthog 17-02-08 11:21 AM

Oh dear God, I drank so much scrumpy last night, I feel atrocious! This thread is not helping haha. Anyway, I'm sure I will be fine and up for it again come the AR!

Drew Carey 17-02-08 11:57 AM

Can't wait to sample the good ol Scrumpy. My better half has just asked me "Am I allowed pear Cider"? is that allowed??????

fizzwheel 17-02-08 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Carey (Post 1420113)
Can't wait to sample the good ol Scrumpy. My better half has just asked me "Am I allowed pear Cider"? is that allowed??????

Yep, I actually prefer the pear stuff. Brothers Pear Cider is very nice.

Lissa 17-02-08 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellerophon (Post 1420053)
Ah. That explains why you're so short!! Only joking hun. Luv ya really.

OI!!!!:mad:

I have legs...................just very short ones:p

dizzyblonde 17-02-08 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Carey (Post 1420113)

mmmmmm pear cider

I like this thread, :smt050

timwilky 17-02-08 09:39 PM

Whooooo people.

Remember what scrumpy did to stretchie at AE07.

Get a barrel in just for me. I need to be a looooovvvvveeee god

dizzyblonde 17-02-08 10:16 PM

ya, he were scrumping tha barmaid!!!:smt082

Frank 18-02-08 10:30 PM

loads of farms round here sell the real stuff.
oh yea ,I live in somerset now

cuffy 19-02-08 10:37 AM

:smt026 Oooh a cider thread,
Like fizz said it needs snarlygogs floating in the top to be classed as proper zider from zummerzet :D
Kingston Black is delicious, turns ya legs to rubber,
Tuckers Grave out towards Radstock is a real cider house, had many a amnesic (sp) night in there, only good thing is i don't get hangovers on the rough stuff as there no chemicals added :thumleft:

northwind 19-02-08 09:22 PM

Will there be jack daniels? I ain't coming if there's nothing but apple juice.

hovis 19-02-08 11:26 PM

what about raw milk?

cant seem to get any round here

Luckypants 20-02-08 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky (Post 1420668)
Whooooo people.

Remember what scrumpy did to stretchie at AE07.

Get a barrel in just for me. I need to be a looooovvvvveeee god

"There's a dog growling down there"

Kate Moss 20-02-08 01:09 PM

Kopperberge is cider isn't it?? I like that! get drunk after one though, although I get drunk after one of anything!

hovis 20-02-08 01:16 PM

not drunk cider for ages, but after reading this, im quite looking foward to a "propper" glass............ or 2

that non hang over stuff cuffy was on about sounds super

kitkat 20-02-08 03:24 PM

oooh kopperberg - yum. love the pear cider but love the fruity one better. it reminds me of when I was young (long long time ago) and I used to drink cider a nd blackcurrant. Only now I drink it without chucking up - well most of the time anyway

Kate Moss 20-02-08 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitkat (Post 1424162)
oooh kopperberg - yum. love the pear cider but love the fruity one better. it reminds me of when I was young (long long time ago) and I used to drink cider a nd blackcurrant. Only now I drink it without chucking up - well most of the time anyway

We have a whole cupboard full of Kopperberg, maybe we could bring them all to AR08. There is a chance I may be coming up in the car and then just being a pillion for the ride out. I have a big boot so plenty of room for food and booze and a bbq and a fold away bed and my wardrobe (im getting carried away!)

Jester666 20-02-08 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitkat (Post 1424162)
reminds me of when I was young (long long time ago) and I used to drink cider a nd blackcurrant.

Ahh the good old student days of snakebite pernod and black!!!

Many a memory has been lost to that! :lol:

Speedy Claire 20-02-08 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzwheel (Post 1419682)

This is what you want

The only cider i`ve drunk was the proper stuff whilst at a bike rally in Yeovil many years ago, was full of bits floating round in it and was actually flat, not fizzy which surprised me.... I got hopelessly sloshed after a couple of glugs and probs ended up making a complete fool of myself :rolleyes:

fizzwheel 20-02-08 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy Claire (Post 1424316)
The only cider i`ve drunk was the proper stuff whilst at a bike rally in Yeovil many years ago,

Nasty lot them Yeovil lot. I'd never been seen hanging around with anybody who came from Yeovil. ;)

( It wasnt the Rally the have at the Marston Inn was it )

Speedy Claire 20-02-08 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzwheel (Post 1424322)
Nasty lot them Yeovil lot. I'd never been seen hanging around with anybody who came from Yeovil. ;)

( It wasnt the Rally the have at the Marston Inn was it )

Was years ago Fizz and can`t remember the exact location, am trying to remember the name of the rally... I remember there being a hog roast, a band similar to the Worzels, the scrumpy, somebody singing whiskey in the jar and then nothing!!!! :D Oh an i think Bucks Fizz won the Eurovision Song Contest on the saturday night!!!!

missyburd 20-02-08 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs24_7 (Post 1423962)
Kopperberge is cider isn't it?? I like that! get drunk after one though, although I get drunk after one of anything!

I was going to mention that, but I wasn't sure if people were just talking about british ciders :smt102 Tis lovely stuff though, I could happily drink that allll night....well until I keeled over, which would probably be fair early on...:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs24_7 (Post 1424170)
We have a whole cupboard full of Kopperberg, maybe we could bring them all to AR08. There is a chance I may be coming up in the car and then just being a pillion for the ride out.

Im your new best friend :smt044 hehe. I'm not too sure about the rideout, think that will entirely depend on whether or not I can actually get back on it after riding down the day before :lol: