SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   The Border Patrol (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Shrewsbury this afternoon (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=229850)

garynortheast 30-06-18 09:25 AM

Shrewsbury this afternoon

Riding into Shrewsbury this afternoon to take one of my daughters to the hairdresser (that'll work well with a crash helmet!) and then to her gymnastics club at the Grange. Anyone about wanting to meet up for a tea or coffe?

admin 30-06-18 09:54 AM

Re: Shrewsbury this afternoon

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3088120)
Riding into Shrewsbury this afternoon to take on of my daughters to the hairdresser (that'll work well with a crash helmet!) and then to her gymnastics club at the Grange. Anyone about wanting to meet up for a tea or coffe?

I'd normally say yes but I'm a bit busy today. Nice day for a ride though.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

garynortheast 30-06-18 12:46 PM

Next time then John.
Journey in was grim. Accident on the A458 between Heniarth corner and Cyfronnydd, Llanfair Caereinon completely gridlocked! Traffic completely at a standstill and backed up in all directions as everyone is diverted up the little lane at Cyfronnyd and along the back road to Llanfair.
Then a massive queue of traffic on the Welshpool to Shrewsbury road. Cars, camper vans, lorries, all headed by some dopey fekwit 2hat in a snot green Fiat van car type thing doing 35ph. Everyone else largely travelling too close together for a safe overtake. Must have been 40 vehicles or more in the queue. Dull witted tool passed several places he could have pulled over but didn't. Grrrrrrr.......

admin 30-06-18 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3088133)
Next time then John.
Journey in was grim. Accident on the A458 between Heniarth corner and Cyfronnydd, Llanfair Caereinon completely gridlocked! Traffic completely at a standstill and backed up in all directions as everyone is diverted up the little lane at Cyfronnyd and along the back road to Llanfair.
Then a massive queue of traffic on the Welshpool to Shrewsbury road. Cars, camper vans, lorries, all headed by some dopey fekwit 2hat in a snot green Fiat van car type thing doing 35ph. Everyone else largely travelling too close together for a safe overtake. Must have been 40 vehicles or more in the queue. Dull witted tool passed several places he could have pulled over but didn't. Grrrrrrr.......

Holiday traffic! There's always some dimwit causing a tailback which leads to a hothead performing a dodgy overtake = RTA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

garynortheast 30-06-18 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 3088134)
Holiday traffic! There's always some dimwit causing a tailback which leads to a hothead performing a dodgy overtake = RTA.

While I was sat at the hairdressers down near Welsh Bridge at least three ambulances/police vehicles flew past with lights and sirens going. A couple more passed us going the other way on the Welshpool/Shrewsbury road too as we were stuck in the snot car queue. :(

Sir Trev 30-06-18 02:20 PM

My journey up was not much fun thanks to dawdlers and endless roadworks on the A40. Bit better after Crickhowell but did not get more than five miles on uninterrupted sweeping curves before I was stuck again. Traffic levels have gotten far worse since I last did that route ten years ago.

Heading back tomorrow on a different route but I just know that as it's a Sunday I will encounter so many cyclists and annoyed car drivers (heat and their reaction to cyclists) I may be in for a rubbish run.

garynortheast 30-06-18 02:44 PM

I must confess that I try not to go out joyriding on a weekend. I also try not to cross the border into England as traffic levels are noticeably worse than in Wales on the whole.

garynortheast 30-06-18 04:00 PM

I shall be going back a different way I think. Either the road through Coedway and Four Crosses to Llansantffraid, or the Minsterley road up through Westbury and the little lanes over Long Mountain.

admin 30-06-18 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3088153)
I shall be going back a different way I think. Either the road through Coedway and Four Crosses to Llansantffraid, or the Minsterley road up through Westbury and the little lanes over Long Mountain.

Don't blame you. Keep away from the main holiday routes.

Craig380 30-06-18 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3088147)
I also try not to cross the border into England as traffic levels are noticeably worse than in Wales on the whole.

This is why I head to Wales of a weekend, it is SO much quieter once I'm across the border. Bala tomorrow, at the lake caff at the top of Llyn Tegid about 9:30 / 9:45 with any luck ...