SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Ancillaries (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Tutoro Chain Oiler Fitted (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=215171)

_Stretchie_ 22-12-14 06:49 PM

Tutoro Chain Oiler Fitted

In the interests of sharing I thought this might be useful to some of you.

I went out for a bimble today and got an automatic chain oiler fitted.

If you've heard of Tutoro oilers you may know that they are based in Gloucester, and the main cheese is part of the same bike group that I joined recently and he put out a call asking for a tester, so I offered and was picked so went down there today and he fitted it.

Great bunch of people with a great little workshop, I was in workshop heaven.

He showed me around and told me how they work and then fit it to my bike.

Basically it gets attached to the bike but apart from that it is independent of the bike. You fill the reservoir with the lube and it's gravity fed. To stop the fluid just emptying, there is a system that opens and closes a valve as the bike bounces up and down whilst riding and a flow control screw to let you adjust the amount that is actually allowed out and that's it. No need to attach to electric or vacuum take offs.

Here it is on the beast:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...734-picsay.jpg

More details on the unit found here (mods please remove if not appropriate):
http://www.tutorochainoiler.com/inde...tandard-detail

maviczap 22-12-14 06:59 PM

Re: Tutoro Chain Oiler Fitted

I keep meaning to fit one, as I can't be arzed with a Scotoiler

I know Jayneflakes fitted a new auto one a while back, so is this an updated auto or manual one?

NTECUK 22-12-14 07:36 PM

That's a fatter auto

Red ones 22-12-14 10:17 PM

Tutoro Chain Oiler Fitted

Mavic. The Scottoiler isn't much harder, there is just one more tube to fit, although a new Scottoiler is a bit more expensive. It should only take about 30 mins to fit unless you are as anal about the routing as I am.

That said I consider a Tutoro bit couldn't find one when I wanted it.

_Stretchie_ 23-12-14 12:04 PM

This is an auto one, the manual is a much thinner one.

It takes longer to decide where to site it, then you just attach it, run the tube to the sprocket, fill the reservoir and prime it. DONE

I really like the idea that it is not dependent on anything else to make it run. The scottoiler I have on the BlackBird is awesome but I had a couple of issues, the plastic piece that attaches to the spigot for the vacuum has degraded and broken, then a mouse decided to make a home in the BlackBird to have babies and chewed through a load of cables and that includes the vacuum hose that 'powers' the unit, so I need to rerun that.

Will let you know how it goes but to be honest, it's all the same stuff, I think for ease of fitting and having less number of parts the Tutoro is a much easier unit. But once fitted, they all do the same don't they, you just need to keep it topped up and adjusted correctly to the weather

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTECUK (Post 2993144)
That's a fatter auto

Dude, it's chrsitmas, it's traditional to put on a couple of pounds ;)

Jayneflakes 23-12-14 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2993142)
I keep meaning to fit one, as I can't be arzed with a Scotoiler

I know Jayneflakes fitted a new auto one a while back, so is this an updated auto or manual one?

I was involved in beta testing the Auto, having used a manual oiler for a while and became friends with them on Facebook. We still have that early test unit and it is still running perfectly on the wife's bike, even though it is a preproduction model.

After my bike was knocked over and damaged a couple of years ago, they sent me a brand new unit free of charge just because I was a bit fed up that my bike was broken.

Tutoro are a great company, really helpful and the product is first rate, although I cannot comment on a Scotoiler because I have never used one, these Autos are really very simple to fit to the bike and do just work. I have mine fitted to the swing arm of the SV just infront of where the Hugger fits and it works just lovely.

It is nice to see other people supporting this small British company who are making an excellent product. :D

maviczap 23-12-14 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Stretchie_ (Post 2993193)
I think for ease of fitting and having less number of parts the Tutoro is a much easier unit. But once fitted, they all do the same don't they, you just need to keep it topped up and adjusted correctly to the weather

Yep, its just less to fit than a Scotoiler & I don't do the miles to justify buying one.

Its also cheaper too. :D

NTECUK 23-12-14 01:09 PM

If you have a good memory the manual one is good enough and cheap.

maviczap 23-12-14 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTECUK (Post 2993202)
If you have a good memory the manual one is good enough and cheap.

At my age, I have difficulty remembering who I am ;)

NTECUK 23-12-14 02:30 PM

I managed to use on on the @prillia.
and I'm only good for the knackers yard(Official today NHS)