SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2009 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   FOOD!!! Order closed (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=135566)

Messie 13-07-09 02:51 PM

FOOD!!! Order closed

This thread is to both inform you and me about food for the whole of the AR09 week end. It's so you know what to expect and so do I and the pub.

Please add your name to the poll so we can order roughly the right amount. The choices are
1. Sat am bacon roll breakfast £1.50
2. Sat am egg roll breakfast £1.50
3. Sun am bacon roll breakfast £1.50
4. Sun am egg roll breakfast 1.50
5. Sat evening Hog roast and BBQ £7.95

That's what I need to know

What you need to know is that Friday evening is up to yourselves what/where you eat. The pub does food but is small but Jim has offered to cook steaks all evening if that's what people want. There are take away outlets not far away or of course you are welcome to cook your own.
Saturday lunch will be a picnic, but you will need to bring your own. The place we are stopping at has limited eating facilities which get very busy. The morning stop on the ridout will be at a Tescos so you could stock up there or before the ride at the Spar down the road.
Sunday lunch, again up to you. The pub does a cracking roast but again is not that big. The famous Cabin Dairy at the end of the Burnham Bends is great for a fry up breakfast if anyone can face riding that morning!

I know this isn't going to please everyone but it will be good for most ;)

Spiderman 13-07-09 02:57 PM

Re: FOOD!!! Please read

Spidey - Sat & Sun Bacon rolls - Hog & BBQ

Messie 13-07-09 03:02 PM

Oh dear nearly told you off there. I thought you'd just put your requirements in a reply without voting, but now I see you've voted.
Phew that was close!

Spiderman 13-07-09 03:39 PM

yeh its not like me to get it right the first time so i understand your trepidations ;)

Warthog 13-07-09 10:09 PM

Everything please! Not sure if I will want egg or bacon, so I went for egg. YUM!

ManxMatt34 13-07-09 10:09 PM

I do not know much about organising these things, but are you going to keep a record of who has ordered what as i don't want to find myself without my bacon roll on sat morning before the rideout or w/e because someone else missed this thread or for whatever didn't vote and i have to do the first part of the rideout with an empty stomach :P.

Specially with Dave Preston being a hungry man all the time :D

Warthog 13-07-09 10:09 PM

(Yes I voted :-P)

the_lone_wolf 13-07-09 10:19 PM

Voted...

Mmmmmmm, bacon, aaaaarglegargle

Paul the 6th 14-07-09 10:14 AM

there's no option for "Paul's mega chocolate brownie sundae with strawberries and cream and a mini umbrella" :razz:

SoulKiss 14-07-09 10:15 AM

Woohoo - I am the first "Full House" :@)

keith_d 14-07-09 10:23 AM

No option for double bacon roll on Sunday :-(

SoulKiss 14-07-09 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith_d (Post 1971575)

Go for the variety - one of each :)

I mentioned this to Messie yesterday - I believe the poll will be amended.

Besides I think it might be only a guideline, so that the pub can get stock in.

Paul the 6th 14-07-09 11:11 AM

n.b. I will be heading out to find some fruit or bringing it with me if there's room :)

Owenski 14-07-09 11:19 AM

how do I vote twice? I've got my self and the misses in for the hog roast.
We'll sort out own breakfast out but we'll want to be in on the roast. :D

gruntygiggles 14-07-09 12:04 PM

Mmmm, Stretchie and I will deffo want the hoh roast so I'll get him to vote later too! We'll be doing our own brekkie though, but fab choice!

Paul the 6th 14-07-09 12:07 PM

so there's definitely no chance of a GruntyGiggles bake sale at the AR then? :(

Messie 14-07-09 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManxMatt34 (Post 1971286)
I do not know much about organising these things, but are you going to keep a record of who has ordered what as i don't want to find myself without my bacon roll on sat morning before the rideout or w/e because someone else missed this thread or for whatever didn't vote and i have to do the first part of the rideout with an empty stomach :P.

Specially with Dave Preston being a hungry man all the time :D

No problem at all. I can see, and therefore print, who has voted for what options. However as someone said this is mainly for ordering purposes so not an absolute list, but it will be adhered to pretty closely

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul the 6th (Post 1971559)
there's no option for "Paul's mega chocolate brownie sundae with strawberries and cream and a mini umbrella" :razz:

Hey I didn't realise this was an option! So you're putting this on for all of us, right? :smt048

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith_d (Post 1971575)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulKiss (Post 1971583)
Go for the variety - one of each :)

I mentioned this to Messie yesterday - I believe the poll will be amended.

Besides I think it might be only a guideline, so that the pub can get stock in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leedsmatt7 (Post 1971666)
how do I vote twice? I've got my self and the misses in for the hog roast.
We'll sort out own breakfast out but we'll want to be in on the roast. :D

Don't think I can alter the poll now; I've had a look but can't see a solution. So for all you greedy things who want to order more than one of any option, make a note of it here in the thread and I'll add it to the final score.

ophic 14-07-09 12:46 PM

another full house here but there's 4 of us. So what I really mean is 2 bacon and 2 egg saturday, same again sunday, and 4 for the hog roast and BBQ.

gruntygiggles 14-07-09 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul the 6th (Post 1971750)
so there's definitely no chance of a GruntyGiggles bake sale at the AR then? :(

No...sorry Paul. I might have a tent full of goodies, but will be making them for me and Stretchie and those staying with us. It would be way too much work to do it for others and I think that as Messie has gone to the trouble of sorting everything out on the food thread, me coming along and offering an alternative would be down right rude.

Maybe me and Stretchie will organise an AR one year and then I'll do mass catering......but for this year, just small scale :wink:

Paul the 6th 14-07-09 01:01 PM

not even a single solitary slice of flapjack? :( what a rubbish weekend this is going to be :razz:

in all fairness I think messie's doing a great job of this so far (have said it to her quite a few times over the past month or so). I'll see if I can arrange a chocolate brownie sundae to be delievered especially for you sally :)

gruntygiggles 14-07-09 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul the 6th (Post 1971804)
not even a single solitary slice of flapjack? :( what a rubbish weekend this is going to be :razz:

in all fairness I think messie's doing a great job of this so far (have said it to her quite a few times over the past month or so). I'll see if I can arrange a chocolate brownie sundae to be delievered especially for you sally :)

I may have a little something up my sleeve....................I shall say no more.

Paul the 6th 14-07-09 01:11 PM

:smt110

phil24_7 14-07-09 06:10 PM

I have voted Bacon roll for both Sat and Sun and the Hog Roast.

What I want though is 2 bacon rolls on both days!

Supervox 14-07-09 08:47 PM

Sally,

I've voted for Hog Roast & BBQ on the Sat Night & Bacon Roll on Sunday AM - could you please make this x2 HR & BBQ's & x4 Bacon Rolls when doing your numbers ?

Cazza 14-07-09 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulKiss (Post 1971562)
Woohoo - I am the first "Full House" :@)

I've joined you on that one. One of everything for me please. :D

keith_d 14-07-09 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messie (Post 1971772)

Don't think I can alter the poll now; I've had a look but can't see a solution. So for all you greedy things who want to order more than one of any option, make a note of it here in the thread and I'll add it to the final score.

Can you put me in for a double order of bacon rolls on Sunday morning when I'm feeling hungover and need something greasy....

Ta,

Keith.

Alpinestarhero 15-07-09 09:21 AM

will there be tea and coffee and juice to have with breakfast in the morning?

Messie 15-07-09 09:51 AM

Yes I think there will

Davies 15-07-09 10:16 AM

Sally, can you please put me down for 2 Hog Roast & BBQs too?

Ta, Paul :D

Bear 15-07-09 12:18 PM

That should be one bacon and one egg roll Sat am, 2 of each sunday, and 2 hog roasts for me and the missus saturday night.

If not, I'll just eat whoever I can catch...

Lovely

chris8886 15-07-09 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear (Post 1972942)
That should be one bacon and one egg roll Sat am, 2 of each sunday, and 2 hog roasts for me and the missus saturday night.

Lovely

isn't that lot just for you mate? :p

Baldyman 15-07-09 08:13 PM

Messie,
Voted for 1 Hogroast, but we need two on the night please?

monkey 15-07-09 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear (Post 1972942)

Lovely

+1 Exactly the same please. I've voted for them all so you just need to add a hog roast for me please.

kellyjo 16-07-09 08:42 AM

Have voted for bacon rolls sat and sun am and sat eve hog roast but OH coming so it will be two of each please.

Would like to take this opportunity to say thanks to everyone organising the AR, it must be an absolute nightmare, but you appear to be doing a superb job, so thankyou very much x

pencil shavings 16-07-09 11:04 AM

Ive had to vote for everything as Im voting for 2! hope that makes sence.

PS- bacon roll both days and BBQ
my +1 - egg roll both days

Demonz 16-07-09 06:19 PM

Bacon and egg roll for me - so had to vote for all :)

Jinxy43 17-07-09 07:01 PM

Everything please :smt040

Bluefish 18-07-09 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruntygiggles (Post 1971813)
I may have a little something up my sleeve....................I shall say no more.

well i'm not sure she will want to eat it after you have kept it up your sleeve for two weeks. ;)

Bluefish 18-07-09 12:04 AM

ps, hog roast 2 please.

warg60 18-07-09 01:25 PM

I have voted for me, but there is also my plus 1 missus (who is very much looking forwards to this after last year).
Also will there by a nut-hog for those of us who are veggie, or should I bring a dead cabbage or two?