SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2011 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   7-9th JULY, site bunks booked out recently. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=160051)

SoulKiss 23-11-10 04:19 PM

Re: 7-9th JULY, site bunks booked out recently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messie (Post 2427770)
I didn't put my vote in for the venue because both options were equally good in my opinion. However if one of the venue options had been for a place without alternatives to camping then that would not have got my vote and the one with choices would have done.

If people want to offer a venue now that does not have alternatives to camping then I suggest that we need a new poll to choose where we have the AR11. That is the only logical answer. If Dizzy can look at the alternative accomondation options and put them forward then fine; at least we know what's there.

Several people who voted for this critical week end have voted for other dates as well. They may have done so in the belief that the accomodation was available on all dates. Knowing the bunkhouse is unavailable on a date may have affected their choices.

I think the current date should be closed and another set up when we have a little more information

Thats no good either - either site could fill up EVERY weekend between the start and end of a new vote on where to have it, then the new vote for dates...

I don't care where it is, have little care for when it is.

All this thread proves is that give too many options, and have too many variables and you get "discussions"

Only way to plan something like this is for someone to say "Its at place X on date Y, be there or be square", and not open every little detail to public vote.

However the AR organisation has rolled on from that being seen as acceptable.

So all I can say is "Calm down dear, it's only an AR detail"

gruntygiggles 23-11-10 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulKiss (Post 2427790)
Thats no good either - either site could fill up EVERY weekend between the start and end of a new vote on where to have it, then the new vote for dates...

I don't care where it is, have little care for when it is.

All this thread proves is that give too many options, and have too many variables and you get "discussions"

Only way to plan something like this is for someone to say "Its at place X on date Y, be there or be square", and not open every little detail to public vote.

However the AR organisation has rolled on from that being seen as acceptable.

So all I can say is "Calm down dear, it's only an AR detail"

Careful Dave...that sounds like a bit of common sense there...lol

Messie 23-11-10 05:23 PM

There is no need for a new venue poll.

There is need for a date poll for the venue as it was originally proposed.

We can squabble about polls open/closed/changed all we like.

In the end we just have to choose it.

Oh and SK Dave - we tried that once - just telling people where is was. That caused problems too! :)

SoulKiss 23-11-10 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruntygiggles (Post 2427814)
Careful Dave...that sounds like a bit of common sense there...lol

Thats the problem with posting from work, still got my calm sensible head on...

Will try and come up with a better response when I get home and have had my dinner :)

SoulKiss 23-11-10 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messie (Post 2427830)
There is no need for a new venue poll.

There is need for a date poll for the venue as it was originally proposed.

We can squabble about polls open/closed/changed all we like.

In the end we just have to choose it.

Oh and SK Dave - we tried that once - just telling people where is was. That caused problems too! :)

See the second last line of my post - I covered that :p

H- See me after class :) ( H- as in the letter missing from the word Teacer) :p

gruntygiggles 23-11-10 05:45 PM

I think a new poll with all orginal dates, just with a caveat for the 7th-9th July that it is B&B only, no bunkhouse. Those that don't want to camp can then call and book the B&B rooms that are on site.

Simples :-)

dizzyblonde 23-11-10 06:09 PM

Why not just get supermod to undo what has been done in haste?

Don't forget to keep the poll open for the same time, more time = more time for other parties to book the bunkhouses, reducing our accomodation variety, and us back to square one.

Jeez, you try to make it fair for everyone, and theres always a bloody bun fight.

And don't forget to add, that on the 7-9th July, we will be sharing the site with 40 school kids and their teachers.

fizzwheel 23-11-10 06:23 PM

I can't put back the votes that were there as I dont know how many it was.

Also knowing that the bunkhouse is now not available that weekend, would that change how people would want to vote. Once the forum software has registered that you have voted, you can then not go back into the poll and change your vote.

gruntygiggles 23-11-10 06:41 PM

New poll with same end date then?

orose 23-11-10 07:36 PM

I'm not sure about having all of us mixing with the schoolkids, so I'm going to have a rethink and get back to you all.