SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

Sir Trev 18-09-21 12:28 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ef (Post 3132027)
Impending bike / space rationalisation :-( (Although, could become a good thing)

Too little info there Adam...

admin 18-09-21 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Trev (Post 3132028)
Too little info there Adam...

I suspect one of his bikes is getting a P45.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Adam Ef 18-09-21 03:58 PM

Trying not to let the Street Triple go. I've had an offer though and need to shuffle some things about financially. Also had an offer for two bikes for one that would put me in a better financial situation and leave me with another bike I'd like.
Really struggling with parting with the Triumph though, even though it's the one that's more of a toy for me than the others and it's probably going to hibernate for a few months soon. I know I'd be trying to buy another next year though and it would cost me more than I'm getting for it now. They seem to have risen in price quite a bit since I got it and the RS is the sought after version. I do love it. Even just to look at and it rides amazingly too. Isn't that what bikes should be about? Not just practicality and sensible choices? I'm struggling with being sensible here.

garynortheast 18-09-21 04:09 PM

Don't be sensible. You need to keep Viffer, Striple, and Drizzle.

Seeker 18-09-21 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ef (Post 3132037)
Trying not to let the Street Triple go. I've had an offer though and need to shuffle some things about financially. Also had an offer for two bikes for one that would put me in a better financial situation and leave me with another bike I'd like.
Really struggling with parting with the Triumph though, even though it's the one that's more of a toy for me than the others and it's probably going to hibernate for a few months soon. I know I'd be trying to buy another next year though and it would cost me more than I'm getting for it now. They seem to have risen in price quite a bit since I got it and the RS is the sought after version. I do love it. Even just to look at and it rides amazingly too. Isn't that what bikes should be about? Not just practicality and sensible choices? I'm struggling with being sensible here.

I think you should step back, take a break and then read what you have written looking more at the feelings behind the words rather than the words themselves.

Those feelings are shouting: "I don't want to sell the Triumph". None of us want to read another GotD that starts: "I wish I hadn't sold the..." Regret is one of those emotions that won't go away.

Space rationalisation should be about finding space for another bike :)

Adam Ef 18-09-21 04:34 PM

You lot are what got me into this mess and made the garage so packed full in the first place. Thanks. :-)

The thing that has sparked it and added pressure to be sensible is insurance renewal time too. Maybe I'll just not insure one of them for a bit.

Adam Ef 20-09-21 07:04 PM

Very mediocre waste of a day ride. Ever have one of those rides where everywhere you go there's gridlogged traffic, temporary lights, detours etc? I did today. Wish I hadn't gone out. I gave myself a few hours off work and would have been better off working. Insurance expires tonight too.

admin 20-09-21 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ef (Post 3132069)
Very mediocre waste of a day ride. Ever have one of those rides where everywhere you go there's gridlogged traffic, temporary lights, detours etc? I did today. Wish I hadn't gone out. I gave myself a few hours off work and would have been better off working. Insurance expires tonight too.

Yep, been there more than once.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Chris_SVS 20-09-21 10:18 PM

Dibs on the DRZ

Sir Trev 21-09-21 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ef (Post 3132069)
Very mediocre waste of a day ride. Ever have one of those rides where everywhere you go there's gridlogged traffic, temporary lights, detours etc? I did today.

Sounds like my ride home from Spannerman's yesterday. I avoid motorways on the bike normally but took the M3/M25/M40 option to keep it simple (I was a bit knackered) and found the M25 like a carpark. Not the climate protesters but a simple two vehicle shunt that everyone was having a gawp at...