SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   I want to be rich... (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=231785)

Seeker 22-01-19 10:12 AM

I want to be rich...

I want to be rich so when I do bizarre things people can shrug their shoulders and say: "well, that's Seeker, he got all that money and went weird". We make allowances for rich/famous people being odd. It used to be enough to be English to be eccentric, that's now old hat and you need money ...

...like, say Gwyneth Paltrow who seems a little unhinged at times

exhibit a:

https://shop.goop.com/shop/products/...pire-repellent

"Spray around the aura to protect from psychic attack and emotional harm."

... so, it's like pepper spray?

ophic 22-01-19 10:16 AM

Re: I want to be rich...

She's not weird at all. She sells stuff that makes money. And is therefore rich.

Doesn't matter what she sells - only that people buy it.

shiftin_gear98 22-01-19 10:39 AM

Not fussed about being rich, I'd settle for not being skint.

ophic 22-01-19 10:43 AM

Weird and brassic... that's just most of Northern England init? :smt026:colors:

Talking Heads 22-01-19 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ophic (Post 3098132)
Weird and brassic... that's just most of Northern England init? :smt026:colors:

That'll be the turkeys who voted for christmas...

Bibio 22-01-19 05:55 PM

being rich aint what is cracked up to be.. well thats what my millionaire friends keep telling me. they still have all the same problems that other people have its just they have a more comfortable life. its great for me as i get to play with all their toys for free :-)

ophic 23-01-19 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3098146)
being rich aint what is cracked up to be.. well thats what my millionaire friends keep telling me. they still have all the same problems that other people have its just they have a more comfortable life. its great for me as i get to play with all their toys for free :-)

yeah I think if I had a large disposable income i'd be inclined to start using it to further certain matters that are very dear to me.

I'd end up with 30 dogs, 80 cats, several fields of rescued cows, pigs, sheep, hens... and still have no space to move and no money or time. And not really make a dent in the issue.

I'm not religious but the phrase about the rich man, camel, eye of a needle thing does make a lot of sense imho.

keith_d 23-01-19 09:11 AM

Money can't buy you happiness, but it gives you a lot more options to avoid being miserable.

ophic 23-01-19 09:47 AM

People think differently when they have a lot of money. It becomes a game rather than a matter of survival.

Look at all these high profile divorce cases, where there's a loaded couple fighting over dividing their assets. Neither will come anywhere near starving in any outcome but because the problems obviously started at home, both don't want to give more than they absolutely have to. It's more about pride than money.

Seeker 23-01-19 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ophic
I'd end up with 30 dogs, 80 cats, several fields of rescued cows, pigs, sheep, hens...

...and a lot of manure.

Getting back to Gwyneth, more of her thoughts...

1) to get rid of parasites and heavy metal (!) drink goats milk for 8 days (nope, Ozzy's still here)
2) bee sting facials are good for you (probably not for the bee though)
3) for the ladies: put stone eggs in your vagina (I saw a stripper do that with a chicken egg, does that count?)
4) talk nicely to water - don't upset its feelings (there are no words)

Yet, she looks so normal.