SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Sights that scare you (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=96197)

davidimurray 03-09-07 02:04 PM

Sights that scare you

The SV had it's first MOT this morning and after passing I popped up to the local supermarket that has a Post Office to do the tax. Got that sorted and wandered back to the bike. As I was getting my gear on I hear another bike arriving - look around to see a guy on a ZX-6R with just a helmet on - no other gear and the worst bit is he had his daughter on the back who can't have been older than 10 with just a helmet on as well.

Viper 03-09-07 02:07 PM

Re: Sights that scare you

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidimurray (Post 1277149)
The SV had it's first MOT this morning and after passing I popped up to the local supermarket that has a Post Office to do the tax. Got that sorted and wandered back to the bike. As I was getting my gear on I hear another bike arriving - look around to see a guy on a ZX-6R with just a helmet on - no other gear and the worst bit is he had his daughter on the back who can't have been older than 10 with just a helmet on as well.

Naked bloke with his naked daughter on the back :o:o:o

Stu 03-09-07 02:47 PM

Then he'll probably be taking extra care.
It's like If I can't get the kids to put on their seat belt in the back, If I take mine off, I'll drive a lot more careful.

Alpinestarhero 03-09-07 02:49 PM

Not clever to be riding with no other kit than helmet.

Very stupid to endanger the life of pillion by not making them wear kit

Downright idiotic and mindnumbing not to suit up a child riding pillion

Matt

DanAbnormal 03-09-07 02:59 PM

These cretins obviously don't like their kids much.

gettin2dizzy 03-09-07 03:01 PM

nobber

DanAbnormal 03-09-07 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy (Post 1277202)
nobber

I was only saying......oh.....right!

Sorry. I'm bored! :p

davidimurray 03-09-07 03:25 PM

I feel sorry for the daughter - at that age she won't know better. I'm not sure but it looked like she had an adult helmet on as well as the shell was enormous on her.

Viney 03-09-07 04:20 PM

Yet he'll let his duaghter ride round on her pushbike with prbably even not a cycle helmet...!!!!

Get real people. You can brak limbs falling out of bed, graze yourself runiing along the pavement, etc etc. No maybe not responsible, but his choice.

ivantate 03-09-07 04:25 PM

Over here in is practically mandatory not to wear any kit other than a helmet.

I had a good tussle with a guy on a Kawa 600 who was in shorts and t-shirt, no gloves etc... . We were doing plenty of speed in fair traffic too.

I wear mine kit all the time, and everyone assumes i am German.

In fact a guy turned up at the local pizzeria last night on a Benelli TRE with flipflops on. I felt a bit overdressed but managed to comfort eat my way out of it.