SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Bang bang bang bang - aaaaarrrrgggghhh!!!!! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=179921)

Sir Trev 13-06-12 09:05 AM

Bang bang bang bang - aaaaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!

Make it stop! Please!!

The old factory site 200 metres or so from my house has been levelled and now the concrete bases and foundations are being broken up. Working from home has become a nightmare! They've been at it for weeks!!

Sounds like they're using heavy machine guns and it's driving me nuts. Send some jokes to cheer me up.

femaleacid 13-06-12 09:09 AM

Re: Bang bang bang bang - aaaaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!

If that was me I'd walk out with a broom stick run upto them and make machine gun noises :)

dizzyblonde 13-06-12 09:50 AM

Try having it practically every day since before Easter, but building new houses. That lovely warm spell we had........I had to sit with my doors and windows shut, they found the gardens they were trying to level had a base of great big amounts of stone.....so out came yet another diggery jackhammer!

Last night they decided that something they'd laid wasn't right, so a man with another jackhammer was pounding away until 8.30PM!!!!!!

Its been driving me nuts, I've even had it on a bloody Sunday :( Trucks and vans all over the street parking outside my house, filth everywhere, the house is dusty, my windows are full of muck, keeping everything clean here from the mess that gets blown off the site over my garden and into my house is a nightmare

I want a quiet island for one................and a bit of peace.

Jayneflakes 13-06-12 10:08 AM

Phone the site office and tell them that you left a body there! Cue Police everywhere and peace and quiet for an afternoon.

Remember, prison happens to other people! :D

Amadeus 13-06-12 11:10 AM

It is the Broom and Wades site (which I think it being redeveloped)?

andrewsmith 13-06-12 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Trev (Post 2725848)
Make it stop! Please!!

The old factory site 200 metres or so from my house has been levelled and now the concrete bases and foundations are being broken up. Working from home has become a nightmare! They've been at it for weeks!!

Sounds like they're using heavy machine guns and it's driving me nuts. Send some jokes to cheer me up.

Check with the council planning office for the restrictions on the demolition. There will be a restriction when near residential areas (Typically 7am to 4pm or 3pm if there is a school very nearby)

dizzyblonde 13-06-12 11:22 AM

...what about a road breaking jackhammer til 8.30pm, on a private site, amongst residential housing?

Sir Trev 13-06-12 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewsmith (Post 2725908)
Check with the council planning office for the restrictions on the demolition. There will be a restriction when near residential areas (Typically 7am to 4pm or 3pm if there is a school very nearby)

They're operating within restrictions and are (just about) keeping to civil hours. Earlier in the year during the factory demo they would leave a noisy job for 7:30 on a Saturday and then bugger off by 10:00 which was irritating!

The Compair Broomwade site came down several years ago. I used to work there. This is the De la Rue print works and, boy, are those floors thick. Walked the dog round the footpath beside the site at lunchtime and they've got some really heavy kit on site struggling to break the pads up. This will take weeks yet. And then we'll get Dizzy's problem when they start building the new homes... Room for another one on that island?

andrewsmith 13-06-12 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 2725910)
...what about a road breaking jackhammer til 8.30pm, on a private site, amongst residential housing?

Is that the housing development DB?
There will be restrictions in the planning conditions for it.
Have a look on here (That is the right council for you's?)
http://portal.calderdale.gov.uk/online-applications/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Trev (Post 2725924)
They're operating within restrictions and are (just about) keeping to civil hours. Earlier in the year during the factory demo they would leave a noisy job for 7:30 on a Saturday and then bugger off by 10:00 which was irritating!

The Compair Broomwade site came down several years ago. I used to work there. This is the De la Rue print works and, boy, are those floors thick. Walked the dog round the footpath beside the site at lunchtime and they've got some really heavy kit on site struggling to break the pads up. This will take weeks yet. And then we'll get Dizzy's problem when they start building the new homes... Room for another one on that island?

Trev that sounds like a council restricted job, where they are only allowed to bring the required kit in on certain days

dizzyblonde 13-06-12 12:20 PM

Yup it is.......have you supposed to have left a link there?