SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Will i be caught by mobile speed camera? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=199021)

bat-kam 21-05-13 07:37 PM

Will i be caught by mobile speed camera?

On my way back from the gym there is nice road that has left bend and then it does down and at the bottom there is normal speed camera. Today there was a police van parked by the camera and catching those coming to fast.
I may have been doing 36-40mph but because the bike have no number plate at the front, should I be expecting the letter in next week or so?
Cheers
Kam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spank86 21-05-13 07:41 PM

Re: Will i be caught by mobile speed camera?

Probably not.

Bluepete 21-05-13 07:45 PM

Then again, maybe!

Pete ;)

Tomor 21-05-13 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluepete (Post 2869088)
Then again, maybe!

Pete ;)

Always throwing a spanner in the works!!!

G 21-05-13 08:53 PM

Most vans in Derbyshire have a camera on the side to catch bikes rear plates now. Can't imagine why other areas wouldn't.

stuR 21-05-13 09:00 PM

I wouldnt make a habit of it, its been known for the police to find you from distinctive bikes/jackets/helmets etc if you push it too much or do it too often.

kiggles 21-05-13 09:06 PM

I wouldn't worry about camera. But I would be more concerned about posting your bad doing's on a public forum, but its fine because you were doing 36-40mph in a 50 zone right.......;)

Speedy Claire 21-05-13 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiggles (Post 2869134)
I wouldn't worry about camera. But I would be more concerned about posting your bad doing's on a public forum, but its fine because you were doing 36-40mph in a 50 zone right.......;)

But the OP and his profile don`t mention where he lives, where the gym is, what the road was, what his bike is, what his bike reg is, what time it was, what country he lives in :confused:

a_monkey_hint 21-05-13 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy Claire (Post 2869152)
But the OP and his profile don`t mention where he lives, where the gym is, what the road was, what his bike is, what his bike reg is, what time it was, what country he lives in :confused:

Technically, if it was serious enough (not 5-10mph over the limit) they could ask the forum to disclose the IP address(es) used by this individual, and then ask the ISP for the address associated with that IP address.

Realistically that wouldn't happen, unless in very extreme cases.

stuR 21-05-13 10:17 PM

Was going to say ip but you beat me to it!