SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Do you have long term goals? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=182586)

Fallout 07-08-12 03:07 PM

Do you have long term goals?

Thought it would be interesting to see what the spread is on this forum. How many of you have firm long term goals and are working towards them? It can be as modest as getting a certain job and getting the right house, or as crazy as moving to a mountain and building a love palace. And in contrast, who of you haven't got a scoobydoo, and are living day by day either not caring, or with no clue what you're doing and what to aim for.

I kind of assume most people have SOME long term goals, even if they're not sure, but perhaps I'm wrong. I'll post up 4 options, me thinks.

Wideboy 07-08-12 03:14 PM

Re: Do you have long term goals?

Yes professional millionaire.

I will own my own joinery firm one day, I've had offers for partnerships but partners cause agro

Either that or win the lottery, which hol said I would

jambo 07-08-12 03:24 PM

As I stated in the interview for my current job "I don't think I'm really a 5 year plan kind of guy. I mean, I joined here to build some servers on a 3 month contract 2 1/2 years ago and I'm now interviewing to run the all your infrastructure projects. That's not exactly a route I would have planned, but I'm interested in the role, I think I'd be good at it, and the fact I'm still sat here shows I'm not the sort of person that quits as soon as anything else pops up".

Got the job.

Thunderace 07-08-12 04:22 PM

To ride or not to ride?

That is the question!

My medium term goal is to get myself a medal, then get out of this sh*t ridden job!

After that who knows?

Jayneflakes 07-08-12 04:24 PM

You need a another option, some of us have reached very hard goals and then had to find new ones. :smt064

I remember that I cried after successfully lead climbing my first E2 when I was a climbing Instructor, because I was so proud to have completed it. I did have plans to take my climbing further and one day reach MIC, but that fell by the way side when my health failed me.

What I have now though is for the very first time in my life, is a real feeling of peace and of being settled, so goals I have now are more basic and to do with being with my partner. If anything, my goal these days is to spread happiness and kindness when ever I can, to help those who share my passion and spread the love. :smt054

Oh hell, I have become a damn hippy! Someone shoot me in the face right now? :smt067

BigBaddad 07-08-12 06:04 PM

I'm working my way to very early retirement. I want to do lots of traveling

I'm also working on world domination, mwahahaha.

metalangel 07-08-12 06:41 PM

In two weeks I finally realize a 14 year-long goal of returning to Canada, which has been delayed by over a decade (though I'm not complaining... much) by Mrs Metal. This leads into a one year course at college leading into a three year course, where I'll come out the other end an ASL interpreter.

Up until the start of this year, the Canada goal was always there but I had no real plan in mind on how we were going to achieve it.

Littlepeahead 07-08-12 06:47 PM

I think it's still Ewan McGregor in the long term but I'll settle for a long weekend with Fallout in the short term.

(I'm talking about my goal to ride round the world of course)

Bri w 07-08-12 06:51 PM

Too old for long term goals ;)

I guess there are some things I'd like for the future but in all honesty I'm enjoying the now too much to worry about tomorrow.

missyburd 07-08-12 06:52 PM

As long as I am happy and able to put fuel in my bike, be with friends and continue with my hobbies then I can take each day as it comes, I don't do forward planning. Anything can happen between now and the best made plans, I'd rather just enjoy the here and now.