SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   getting bike back out!! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=58454)

H-Gerickemark 18-03-05 12:54 PM

getting bike back out!!

Hello everybody,

after some advice on the best things to do to a sv(k4) after not using it for aout 3-4 months.
Its been in my garage wrapped up in one of hein gerickes anti-corrosion bags, before this I used the bike until the tank was all but empty, then smothered all surfaces in scottoiler f365 spray and wd40, and left a thick layer of polish on all the plastic parts. The battery is also disconnected.

When I get it back out I was planning to - check and adjust the chain, check all oil and fluid levels, check tyres and pressures, check my brakes and clutch and adjust if needed.

The bike was new in september and has about 400 miles on it.

Is there anything else I should be aware of or check for??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and will hopefully see some of you throughout the summer. :D

Thanks
Mark

Jdubya 18-03-05 01:17 PM

The only suggestion I can make is to ride it through the winter as well... :twisted: I'm not one for the cold and wet but when the sun came out (and it did quite often this winter) and the roads were dry, I took her for a spin. :D Other than that, maybe charge the battery.

:D J. :D

Ceri JC 18-03-05 04:14 PM

When you say the battery was disconnected, did you just unplug it? If so, it may well need a recharge/conditioning.

H-Gerickemark 18-03-05 05:44 PM

took battery off and put it on charge so its all ready to go :D

Mark

madmartyn 18-03-05 10:03 PM

carefull mark think i saw a cloud :lol:

northwind 18-03-05 10:45 PM

Remember, the louds of smoke you'll get aren't the engine blowing up, they're your coats of WD40 and FS burning off :)

H-Gerickemark 18-03-05 10:57 PM

:shock: who said clouds :shock:

clouds mean rain :cry:

means no bike :cry:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I ain't scared :D

Bike is coming out to play soon :D :D :D
(got to because I've got a new seat cowl to go on it and a harris exhaust bracket :D )
Madmartyn where you been, you never saw the rockster before it went?

No more talk of rain :twisted:
Hope to see you all soon at a rideout.

Thanks for quick responses and advice.

Mark

madmartyn 19-03-05 07:28 AM

i,ll be down to see ya soon need some bar ends for me renthals mine didnt fit :cry:

jon 19-03-05 10:59 AM

The SV would **** all over any golf in the all important traffic light dash to 60 :)

Carsick 19-03-05 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon
The SV would p*ss all over any golf in the all important traffic light dash to 60 :)

would and does.
I've never met a car that can't be beaten up to 60, though I'm sure some exist.