SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   DAS update...happy bunny!! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=92160)

LouLou 26-06-07 05:30 PM

DAS update...happy bunny!!

Hello everybody! Well after my previous trials and tribulations things are finally looking up :D Struggled to get out of bed this morning because I was feeling so p'd off about everything and really wasn't looking forward to today's training BUT...

I didn't drop the bike today!

I had my first go on the big bike...I didn't drop that one either!

Yay! I don't HAVE to drop bikes after all :cool:

Everything seemed to go really well, my instructor let me try out an older model CG125 and I could actually get my feet flat down, only problem was the kick start which I just couldn't get the hang of. I ended up back on my regular bike but I'm feeling a lot more confident so I got on loads better even tho I can only just get the balls of my feet down.

The big bike was actually a little bit lower than the 125 and felt more stable which was a bonus...the position of the foot pegs seemed a lot further back than on the CG so it was a bit weird changing gear for the first time...I'm having a little bit of trouble changing up a gear sometimes and I have to try a couple of times but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it...the only real worry I've got is doing a wobbly u-turn and dropping the bike but practise makes perfect so hopefully I'll get there!

After my little cornering incident I'm a bit wary of the bends on the narrower roads we're riding on but I guess that's a confidence thing and I suppose it's to be expected after my off...will get over it in time!

The back roads were terrible today, covered in gravel and silt and bits of trees...I can't believe the weather we've been having lately...need some more sunshine!! :cool:

All in all I've had a good day!! :mrgreen:

the_lone_wolf 26-06-07 05:33 PM

Re: DAS update...happy bunny!!

told you so...:smt019

hope you have more of the same:cool:

hovis 26-06-07 05:34 PM

woooooo-hoooooooo

:smt023 :riding:

just keep practising the U-turn

you can do it

good luck[-o<

LouLou 26-06-07 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf (Post 1222595)
told you so...:smt019

hope you have more of the same:cool:

Thank you! I am so happppyyyyyyyyyyy!! Next training day is Fri and I'm really looking forward to it...back on the big bike again! Can't wait to ride my SV!

sarah 26-06-07 05:35 PM

That's great news :D

I was happier riding an er5 compared with a cg125 when i did DAS, I found it more stable too (though I did drop it a couple of times:rolleyes:) and the extra power gave me more confidence too.

tinpants 26-06-07 05:36 PM

You'll get there.

Practice (lots of it) makes as perfect as you can get. If that makes sense.:-D

sinbad 26-06-07 06:14 PM

The big bike was actually a little slower than the 125? Which big bike was it? :)

Sounds like you had a good day, with at least one "now I've got it" moment. Keep your chin up and head turned to the right on the U-turn. It becomes nearly automatic then and kills the wobbles.

LouLou 26-06-07 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinbad (Post 1222635)
The big bike was actually a little slower than the 125? Which big bike was it? :)

Sounds like you had a good day, with at least one "now I've got it" moment. Keep your chin up and head turned to the right on the U-turn. It becomes nearly automatic then and kills the wobbles.

Thanks for the tip...it's weird how looking where you want to go rather than where you are actually going seems to work to get you out of trouble on a bike! (ps...I actually said the big bike was lower lmao) :D

Wideboy 26-06-07 06:37 PM

ahhh see its a piece of apple pie :cheers:

LouLou 26-06-07 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by «Ŵìđéßõ¥» (Post 1222653)
ahhh see its a piece of apple pie :cheers:

Can you make that rhubarb crumble? [-o<