SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Thames Valley (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   New riders out there in/near Thames valley area (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=104501)

KnightRider 19-02-08 02:50 PM

Re: New riders out there in/near Thames valley area

Quote:

Originally Posted by smegmunky (Post 1422110)
ha, alright. Cheers, well looks like i'll be there. I'll follow that thread for details

Sam

Reckon it will be a Saturday ride this week as I cant make it on Sunday :cool:.

33bhp is no problem. We use a marker system which ensures that the whole group gets lost at different places throughout the ride :D

Stig 19-02-08 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 1422672)
Reckon it will be a Saturday ride this week as I cant make it on Sunday :cool:.

33bhp is no problem. We use a marker system which ensures that the whole group gets lost at different places throughout the ride :D

I think the trouble is, no one sticks to any sort of system. :roll:

KnightRider 19-02-08 04:23 PM

Not wanting to make anything too formal - but should we not have a quick catch up prior to every ride to cover the marker system? Most times we would just say use the marker system - but when new people join our rides it would be good to explain the rules so that everyone can have confidence that the group will wait.

It only takes 1 person to forget and the whole thing goes to sh*t

Stig 19-02-08 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 1422824)
Not wanting to make anything too formal - but should we not have a quick catch up prior to every ride to cover the marker system? Most times we would just say use the marker system - but when new people join our rides it would be good to explain the rules so that everyone can have confidence that the group will wait.

It only takes 1 person to forget and the whole thing goes to sh*t

Well volunteered.

Warthog 19-02-08 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 1422672)
We use a marker system which ensures that the whole group gets lost at different places throughout the ride :D

HAHA! Welcome to the new guys, hopefully see you at the meets and the ride-outs! I wouldn't say 33bhp is a big problem, so long as noone rags it in the straighs, restricted sv's should be able to corner just as fast!

Stig 19-02-08 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warthog (Post 1422843)
HAHA! Welcome to the new guys, hopefully see you at the meets and the ride-outs! I wouldn't say 33bhp is a big problem, so long as noone rags it in the straighs, restricted sv's should be able to corner just as fast!

Yeah because those on faster machines than others always think about the ones that wont be able to keep up or may not actually have a clue where they are. :roll:

ogden 19-02-08 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 1422824)
Not wanting to make anything too formal - but should we not have a quick catch up prior to every ride to cover the marker system? Most times we would just say use the marker system

What is this utter gayness?

Anyone who thinks they might not be able to keep up should make sure they know the route in advance. This isn't the IAM. Or CSM, for that matter. You'll be saying there's no jostling for the lead next.

Stig 19-02-08 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogden (Post 1422897)

Anyone who thinks they might not be able to keep up should make sure they know the route in advance. This isn't the IAM. Or CSM, for that matter. You'll be saying there's no jostling for the lead next.

I wouldn't worry to much. You need to attend a TV rideout to be able to jostle for the lead. :wink:

ogden 19-02-08 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1422905)
I wouldn't worry to much. You need to attend a TV rideout to be able to jostle for the lead. :wink:

<grabs can of easy-start and flask of coffee, heads to garage>

I may be some time...

ASM-Forever 19-02-08 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogden (Post 1422897)

Love it! +1 :cool: