SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   East Anglian Revolution (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=140613)

Skip 07-10-09 01:47 PM

'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Spotted - an SV outside my office window - oh its mine... zzzzz :p

maviczap 07-10-09 01:59 PM

Re: EAR Eye-Ball Thread

Slow day at the office :p

dreamin of sunny summer rideouts :cool:

back to work :smt027

Skip 07-10-09 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2056453)
Slow day at the office :p

dreamin of sunny summer rideouts :cool:

back to work :smt027

Yup slooooow today - going RC racing tonight so just counting down to that - car has no MOT so its bike only this week - which is nice :)

maviczap 07-10-09 02:24 PM

Well I've had a fun packed week of looking after the 4 year old who's not been well, as the wife is on nights this week :(

But, I've still managed to get out on the pushbike & thrash my aged body a couple of times, whilst avoiding big red vans & pensioners giving me the finger from their Merc estate.

This was after I happened to meet him coming the other way on a single track road and he wasn't prepared to slow down after my polite request :smt072

Skip 07-10-09 02:31 PM

I had a good incident yesterday. There is an underpass on my way to work on a back road (A47 runs over it) and its single track. Sloped at either end. I was coming the direction that had right of way - just got to the bottom of the slope and some woman in a BMW 1 series zooms down the other way and meets me in the middle - she wouldn't budge and made me back up the slope (on my bike!) - its so steep I had to get off and push it up - I was exhausted by the time I got to the top and by the time I got back on the bike she had zoomed past - I was so angry!!

kellyjo 07-10-09 02:37 PM

I was gonna head out on my bike this morning, but my battery was flat :-( But i impressed myself by disabling alarm, removing battery, charging it, and replacing it, and it started first attempt :-) New battery has been ordered cos this isnt the first time the bu**er's let me down - but it is the first time i rectified it myself, yay!!

Maybe it's just aswell i start my motorcycle maintenance course tonight, woo-hoo :-)!!! Bought myself some lurvely black overalls to wear too - just need to scrub the garage floor with them first so they're not obviously brand spanking new, hehe!

Skip 07-10-09 02:38 PM

I think I am going to create an EAR megathread as I am always around to post drivel in it so I will start it off with these few posts :)

Will reply to you there KJ :)

maviczap 07-10-09 02:40 PM

Sounds very similar to mine! I was able to unclip from the pedals. Difference was the bloke had stopped after giving me the finger, but then beat a hasty retreat after I started to go down the road after him! :smt093

I'd already been wound up by another old geezer in a Silver Mondeo Estate on another narrow lane.

Glad I didn't have to push my bike like you did :p

Skip 07-10-09 02:40 PM

'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

......Begin! :tiesto:

Graciepants 07-10-09 02:44 PM

Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

do batteries stop working a lot then? thats worrying