SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2010 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Home Safe Thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=155707)

Viper 08-08-10 02:28 PM

Home Safe Thread

Viper home safe.

Thanks for a great weekend. Good to see some old faces (Quiff) some very old faces (Luckypants) and some new ones.

See you all again soon

Devil Biccy 08-08-10 02:39 PM

Re: Home Safe Thread

Likewise home safe. Great to see everyone again including you Quiff! Hope to see you all next year

christopher 08-08-10 02:44 PM

I'm home also, thanks for a good weekend all. Especially to those who organised and helped out!

Specialone 08-08-10 02:54 PM

We got home safe (just about, due to the knobhead drivers out in force on the mway :() had 1 of the best weekends, thanks everyone, especially the organsiers.

Despite a puncture on the way down, a tent pole nearly knocking me out and having to cut the rideout short due to an on going shoulder problem, i had a brilliant time.
My wifes 1st camping trip, mine on a bike, so all in all, brilliant :D

Cheers guys and gals.

Von Teese 08-08-10 03:01 PM

Von Teeses are home safe.
Had a really great time, thank you to everyone who made it so great! xxx

Supervox 08-08-10 03:19 PM

Supervox home safe & sound - thanks to everyone for making it a fabulous weekend :cool:

skeetly 08-08-10 03:23 PM

Me and the missus back.
Had a lovely time. Apologies to anyone who may be wondering why I didn't say hello; I'm a useless socialite.....

sarah 08-08-10 03:39 PM

I'm home :driving:
Just waiting for Eviltwin to get back:riding:

Scoobs 08-08-10 03:41 PM

Scoobs home. Pretty uneventfull weekend really.

DMC 08-08-10 03:55 PM

Home safe but totally ball oxed. Was a great weekend, thanks to all that made it happen :D

Beenz 08-08-10 03:58 PM

Home safe and sound.

maviczap 08-08-10 04:03 PM

Home safe x2

Wunderbar Wochende :cool:

SVStorm 08-08-10 04:05 PM

Home safe. Thanks everyone for a fantastic weekend! I really enjoyed my very first AR!

Bri w 08-08-10 04:14 PM

Me and the two B's are home safe.

Barbara is starting to drop off to sleep. Bess was asleep within 5 mins of getting in.

Me, being a fine athlete I could go on for at least another 10 mins.

Many thanks to everyone for contributing to a fine weekend, especially the organisers.

One thing for next year - an assertiveness training course for Bear!

Pingu65 08-08-10 04:22 PM

Penguins home safe and sound.

Thanks for all the help in putting up the tent (sorry for the pole in the head incident but it did make everyone laugh so wasn't in vain).

Had a great time meeting old and new friends, even met Iffy who recommended the group two years ago and we hadn't seen since (even though we live within 4 miles of each other).

Pass on thanks to the food van a brilliant addition to the AR.

And last but not least thanks, thanks and more thanks to the team who organised a brilliantly run event.

Nick_69 08-08-10 04:26 PM

Home safe, thanks to everyone for a brilliant AR

Stig 08-08-10 04:39 PM

Foxy and I just got home. Went the long way round avoiding the M4 and the A40.

Brilliant time had. Met so many new people and caught up with so many I have not seen for far too long. You are all wonderful :)

Roll on the next one.

xXBADGERXx 08-08-10 04:40 PM

Reporting for duty , brilliant weekend , fantastic company , nice to have met people I`ve never seen before ........... I`m gonna put the kettle on and start decanting the bike gear . The Org ....... I love you all .

keith_d 08-08-10 04:49 PM

I've been home for a while catching up on sleep. Had a great weekend, meeting some great folks. So kudos to everyone on the organising team for a great event.

Keith

Specialone 08-08-10 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pingu65 (Post 2338329)
Penguins home safe and sound.

Thanks for all the help in putting up the tent (sorry for the pole in the head incident but it did make everyone laugh so wasn't in vain).

Not me it didnt:(

Glad my pain amused everybody ;)
You'll be pleased to hear my lump did subside after a while.

Everybody was great at helping tbh, we wouldnt have got our piddly tent up without help due to the bloody gale blowing at the time, so 1 good turn deserves another so we all chipped in.

Phil

sarah 08-08-10 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah (Post 2338310)
I'm home :driving:
Just waiting for Eviltwin to get back:riding:

Eviltwin is home now :-D

Stu 08-08-10 05:17 PM

See chat thread as I didn't see this thread first:oops:
That means - I'm home safe and sound pretty uneventful trip home ;) hope the others made it - a pretty high loss rate, very sorry for that
I hold my hand up as being my fault :(

Stu 08-08-10 05:18 PM

See chat thread as I didn't see this thread first:oops:
That means - I'm home safe and sound pretty uneventful trip home ;) hope the others made it - a pretty high loss rate, very sorry for that
I hold my hand up as being my fault :(

darkdreamsgal 08-08-10 05:24 PM

LOL!!! Home safe. Had a brilliant ride even after you managed to lose us, Stu! Right at the Golden Pot and through Bentley was definitely the way to go :)

Hope you sort the clutch out before next Sunday!

Jo

hongman 08-08-10 05:25 PM

Hong home safe and sound, although myarms feel like jelly! got home at 5:30pm, hit some traffic on the M4.

Thanks to Stu and Eviltwin for letting me tag along for the ride home. Hope I didnt mess up pace too much (who am I kiding, f*ck me you ride fast...)

Thanks to everyone I rode up with, thanks to everyone that gave me advice and made me feel welcome!

Had an awesome weekend, met some great people, and am already looking forward to AR11!

Off to have a good wash!

Back later, peace and respect to all!

hongman 08-08-10 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkdreamsgal (Post 2338356)
LOL!!! Home safe. Had a brilliant ride even after you managed to lose us, Stu! Right at the Golden Pot and through Bentley was definitely the way to go :)

Hope you sort the clutch out before next Sunday!

Jo

Ay! I peeled off onto the M4 then whilst Jo turned around.

:p

darkdreamsgal 08-08-10 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hongman (Post 2338358)
Ay! I peeled off onto the M4 then whilst Jo turned around.

:p

That wasn't even it, Hong - Stu managed to lose us twice, and that's on the dual carriageways!! LOL

But all good as I knew where I was going ;-) And got to practise some of the roads for my ride next Sunday :-D

Girth 08-08-10 05:43 PM

Just home and showered. Had a fantastic few days, and to top it off an awesome 3 hour ride home!

Did someone mention Scotland next year?

fizzwheel 08-08-10 06:07 PM

Liz, the puppies and I are home safe and sound.

Shellywoozle 08-08-10 06:13 PM

Woozle home safe and sound .... Samson flat out asleep !! Nice to meet you all had a great weekend x

Electro 08-08-10 06:15 PM

Home scoffing my tea as i type. Too many thanks to give out. Met loads of fantastic people this weekend who made my weekend so brilliant and i hope to share many more with you all for many years to come.

Binky 08-08-10 06:25 PM

Home, but on the back of a truck. :(

Think i had the mightiest of all might punctures. Managed to ride back to the OK diner (about 3 miles) on a really flat tyre. Got to the garage, after mucho squirming and delicate cornering, to find the tyres too hot to touch and looking like they'd been ragged round a track.

Pumped it up only for it to be back down to 0 psi in less than a minute or so.

This should have been named the Annual Puncture Rideout.

Cheers all for a great weekend though, especially those who put so much effort into organising everything.

fenjer 08-08-10 06:26 PM

Fenjer and RavingDavis landed safely in Scotland at 5:00. Fantastic clear run up the A49, M6 A74 and A702.

Had a ball - best biking weekend since the GM... :)

tinpants 08-08-10 06:49 PM

Got home at about half 2 after a really long journey home (an hour and five minutes!!!!).

Top weekend with top people.

Electro, you, sir, are a true gent. Glad to make your acquaintance.

Specialone 08-08-10 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electro (Post 2338380)
Home scoffing my tea as i type. Too many thanks to give out. Met loads of fantastic people this weekend who made my weekend so brilliant and i hope to share many more with you all for many years to come.

And i forgot to give you them indys :(
Took them there and brought them back, pm me your address and i will post them to you.

Phil

hongman 08-08-10 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellerophon (Post 2338399)

Electro, you, sir, are a true gent. Glad to make your acquaintance.

+1 although I wouldnt say "gent"!

Top geezer. Had me in stitches last night with some stories!:smt046

Specialone 08-08-10 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binky (Post 2338384)
Home, but on the back of a truck. :(

Think i had the mightiest of all might punctures. Managed to ride back to the OK diner (about 3 miles) on a really flat tyre. Got to the garage, after mucho squirming and delicate cornering, to find the tyres too hot to touch and looking like they'd been ragged round a track.

Pumped it up only for it to be back down to 0 psi in less than a minute or so.

This should have been named the Annual Puncture Rideout.

Bugger :(
We stopped at the ok diner as well, dmc had a puncture repair kit on him but by the sounds of it might have been too big.
My tyre did the same on the way down, looked liked it had been ragged to death, did decrease my chicken strips by about 5mm though, so every cloud has a silver lining lol.
I reckon ive lost a few hundred miles worth of wear due to that puncture, i knew something was up but didnt realise it was a puncture so was still going at speed.

pmapp 08-08-10 07:00 PM

Me and Daz landed back at about 15:00, safe sound and comfy.

As has been said - massive thanks to all involved in planning, organising and doing; you made a lot of folk very happy.

Time for sleep.

the_lone_wolf 08-08-10 07:05 PM

Reporting in...

Lozzo 08-08-10 07:06 PM

Lozzo signing in from home. I took the scenic route and stopped in to see eldest daughter in Warwick for a cuppa before she went out.

Many many thanks to GruntyGiggles and Stretchie plus everyone else who put so much hard work into organising the AR.

Also, many thanks to Shelly for giving me a room in the rag-hotel thereby sparing me having to erect my tent.

Was great to see so many faces I knew, and even better to meet new folk.

Roll on AR11