SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Netflix users (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=238209)

Seeker 08-01-21 11:45 AM

Netflix users

I've been streaming from a questionable site which, amongst other things, limits you to the first 3 episodes of an older series, after that you have to pay.

I'm thinking of signing up for Netflix but I'm curious whether they limit the amount you stream (not download) per month - anyone have any experience?

CheGuevara 08-01-21 11:51 AM

Re: Netflix users

No limits. I think there might be a lower tier that limits the number of devices you can stream on simultaneously though.

maviczap 08-01-21 12:02 PM

As above, no limits

I'm considering suspending my subscription, as I watch more on Amazon Prime these days, especially with the price increase.

Can't remember the last thing I watched on Netflix

Seeker 08-01-21 12:23 PM

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3124191)
As above, no limits

I'm considering suspending my subscription, as I watch more on Amazon Prime these days, especially with the price increase.

Can't remember the last thing I watched on Netflix

I'm watching Star Trek Discovery and waiting for Stranger Things, plus I watched Altered Carbon, Another Life, Beyond, Colony and even Lost in Space which were all on NF. Yes, I'm a SciFi nut. I started to watch The Umbrella Academy until my 3 episode limit was reached but I'm curious to see how it develops.

I avoid Amazon wherever possible which makes watching The Expanse tricky. The tv is on series 5 the books are getting book 9 (the last one) this year. It's finally got a name: "Leviathon Falls" (book 1 was Leviathon Wakes). Then there's A Discovery of Witches" series 2 which is on Sky...

ethariel 08-01-21 12:36 PM

Yep as above, unlimited usage, but if you want 4k, it's premium subscription or bust.

Soon as the latest ST Discovery series is over I'm cancelling, a £2 increase in May 19, now another £2 increase this year - 20% on 2019 and another 17% now, that's taking the Pee.

Dave20046 08-01-21 12:53 PM

Netflix has totally no tangible limits on usage, only number of devices that can connect simultaneously/download films/show or HD Quality. If it's just you get the cheaper package around £7.99 - if family/shared across the whole street get the £10 and each chip in 50p.

I had prime and found I watched little on there after initially watching what I wanted. Find I watch more on Netflix, admittedly often things I've seen before but as I pay for Netflix in place of a TV licence I can get them there rather than on 4OD or iplayer. I don't really dedicate much time to watching TV, just things I know I want to watch or have been recommended so Netflix over live suits me. Netflix used to do a free trial, get it and see if you'll make use.

Currently watching (that could be a thread in it's own right) The Queen's Gambit

Bri w 08-01-21 12:56 PM

I've had Netflix for several years. Use it almost every day. Some good stuff on it. Also, you can have several friends/family using your subscription, totally legit. At less than 50p a day its not going to break the bank.

SV650rules 08-01-21 02:31 PM

I have netflix and Now TV ( Sky ) entertainment pass and lately watch Now TV much more than Netflix ( hardly watch 'proper TV at all ). Couple of years ago got a Now TV stick from Currys PC world for about £15 and it had a months free viewing of Entertainment and Movie passes. TV stick works on WiFi and plugs into HDMI port on pretty much any TV, easy to set up for me good value, best of Sky Arts, Sky Atlantic and HBO. Payments monthly - I have let Now TV passes lapse a couple of times for months and just sign into account when you fancy another look at what they are offering - so no contract involved.

Bibio 08-01-21 03:20 PM

i was sceptical at first but i aint candled my subscription. i would say amazon prime is a better deal but there is waaaaaayyyy to much advertising to paid channels and movies etc.etc.

btw just because you dont watch BBC does not mean that you dont need a tv licence. the tv licence is so you can receive a signal to your tv digital paid or otherwise. its basically if you have a tv that has any kind of receiver built in (this includes apps like bbc iplayer) then you need a licence. if everyone paid their licence fee the bbc would be a lot better.

maviczap 08-01-21 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3124200)
. if everyone paid their licence fee the bbc would be a lot better.

Not under the current creative management :-)