SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   The Essex Lounge (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Ar08 (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=104947)

Ping 19-02-08 09:54 AM

Ar08

Anyone here planning on going to the AR this year, wherever it ends up?

:D

Dicky Ticker 19-02-08 10:06 AM

Re: Ar08

To old for camping,ride to slow,can't drink like I use to,and hardly the oldest swinger in town. Please take this as a NO:)

ArtyLady 19-02-08 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker (Post 1422307)
To old for camping,ride to slow,can't drink like I use to,and hardly the oldest swinger in town. Please take this as a NO:)

Me too - with some slight differences - too fubar'd for camping, ride to slow, no stamina/confidence for the distance, Im tee-total :rolleyes: and I like my home comforts ;)

Jdubya 19-02-08 05:59 PM

More than likely a No from me too...

Dicky Ticker 19-02-08 07:55 PM

"Fubar'd" well nearly,one of the visitation places we may frequent while in Stirling,locally known as the Fubar which when translated back into English is Fullbar meaning it is a local nightspot one may visit after having had ones fill at other local hostels for liquid refreshment----------Goodplace to go ratrsed

Caddy2000 21-02-08 02:42 PM

Most probably not

Messie 21-02-08 06:54 PM

Ever since I couldn't go last year (went 05 and 06) I've been looking forward to AR08. Even down to how to skive work for those days. Got an SV now as well!!!

But not now. TBH the crap that has gone on around the plans for this year's event are way beyond what I'm prepared tp put up with. It's one thing for me to feel that the way it was planned was not my cup of tea but it's a whole new scenario when idiots take the platform and feel they have the right to slag off people they don't even know.

No I won't be going. There really are people on this forum that I don't want to meet - sorry

Lissa 21-02-08 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messie (Post 1425621)
Ever since I couldn't go last year (went 05 and 06) I've been looking forward to AR08. Even down to how to skive work for those days. Got an SV now as well!!!

But not now. TBH the crap that has gone on around the plans for this year's event are way beyond what I'm prepared tp put up with. It's one thing for me to feel that the way it was planned was not my cup of tea but it's a whole new scenario when idiots take the platform and feel they have the right to slag off people they don't even know.

No I won't be going. There really are people on this forum that I don't want to meet - sorry

:(

Nil illegitimi carborundum

Messie 21-02-08 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1425630)
:(

Nil illegitimi carborundum

Lissa I completely agree with that sentiment. However I really do think there are going to be people there who will not let things go (see the 'get one of the whingers to do it' thread that Supervox responded to?). In such circumstances I really can't be bothered.
I know that there are many good and true people on this site; I also know that the forum has changed in many ways. For example the style of moderation is different now to say 18 months ago. That is not a dig at anyone - things always move on and progress and change, often for the better.
It's just that the overall style and feel of the conversations is often not to my taste.
I really do hope a lot of people have a very good time at ARO8

Jdubya 22-02-08 07:10 AM

Must admit that I've not seen any of the threads you refer to but it does sound like a very familiar scenario with a lot of forums...