SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Selling my bike - possible scam attempt? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=130973)

dinners1979 01-05-09 10:39 PM

Selling my bike - possible scam attempt?

I was sent this via Gumtree for my Honda Varadero that I have for sale, which I am selling to buy an SV. Does this sound to good to be true?

Thanks for your picture's that is fear enough and also for your swift response. I am highly interested in buying the Bike from you and also ready to make the payment as soon as possible all depends on you. We reside in 81 Lawrsen House,Woolwich Common SE18 4HD,London but will be traveling to Romania on a business trip.I will instruct my partner to issue a certified cheque for your payment and as soon as the cheque clears into your account.
I will arrange the pick up of the Bike and get all the necessary documents from you if any. So that the Bike can be send to my Son for his birthday gift,

Kindly furnish me as soon as possible with the details below;
Full Name:
Postal Address:
Post Code:
Cell Phone:
Total Cost:
Your urgent response will be highly appreciated with all the information require in other for my partner to send the payment out to your address without any further delay.

I look forward to your urgent response.

Best Regards,

fizzwheel 01-05-09 10:42 PM

Re: sketchey?

Scam, dont touch it with a barge pole.

Jamiebridges123 01-05-09 10:45 PM

Oh, it's fake..

You got 419'd.

Walk away from all transactions that suggest using a cheque and sending it away. Note laughable grammar and spelling, and the strange amount of times they use "urgent response" and a "partner".

Thingus 02-05-09 12:01 AM

Screw giving address AND phone number to anyone. :p (that you don't know)

Bluefish 02-05-09 12:22 AM

got to admit looks dodgy, as you must have thought otherwise would not have posted, and who goes to romania on business, sorry to to 2 million romanians i have just offended.

Paul the 6th 02-05-09 12:38 AM

i had loads of these scams when I sold my honda cbf600... nobs

gralln9 02-05-09 05:03 AM

deffo scam
i have had this also

dawn07 02-05-09 08:07 AM

No way Hose'!!! Don't touch with a barge pole![-(

timwilky 02-05-09 08:27 AM

could be so tempting to get involved with them and end up selling them a toy model of a Varadero etc.

TheRamJam 02-05-09 10:04 AM

Re: Selling my bike - possible scam attempt?

Pass it on to the police

Then kindly send a response back saying that you have sent this onto authorities. Hopefully that'll put the buggers off with fear of the Fuzz kicking down their door and arresting them :smt072