SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2006 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Annual Ride-out 2006 - Points for discussion (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=60829)

Couerdelion 08-06-05 01:30 PM

I must say that the AR05 was much better than I expected.

No one I had ever met before and a long drive (720 miles in all)

I would definitely say that camping was the best decision I made. Got there late friday and got talking to people straight away. Cheers to Muttley and Jimbo for the help with putting the tent up.

I did think that it would be a good idea to have two meet-ups next year (first weekend in june, last weekend in August) but thinking a bit more about it, a lot of people may just choose one to go to.

As someone said ina previous post, this is becoming a bit more like an SV owners club so maybe some kind of organising commitee would be an idea and maybe get the regions to organise a one night camp/ride and if other regions want to turn up then they are welcome(?)

As for next year... North Yorkshire would be good

Daz 08-06-05 01:47 PM

Just one question before I make any comments. Did moving the location further south this year increase the numbers significantly?

OK just one comment. If it's always going to be inside that circle it should be called The South of England Annual Rideout :roll: Then the rest of the UK can have an sv650.org Annual Rideout 8-[

Quiff Wichard 08-06-05 02:58 PM

1 Courd is alive !!!

2. Good point daz !

4 what happenned to 3

3 ahh there it is !!

Quiff Wichard 08-06-05 03:02 PM

re- viney's post -

VINEY - YOU SPEAK SENSE !!

like Fraser on traffic duty- good points made !

jonboy 08-06-05 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daz
OK just one comment. If it always going to be inside that circle it should be called The South of England Annual Rideout :roll:

Well if you look and see that the circle (just a suggestion and point for debate) actually extends further than Leeds I hardly think you could say it was just for the south. And if you're suggesting that inhabitants of Yorkshire are called southerners I think you might be asking for a lot of trouble :lol: .

shutdown 08-06-05 03:56 PM

I've always thought Cornwall would be a cracking run!

Start at Newquay and follow the coast round up to St Austell.

Shame its a long distance to just get there for many (including me)

Anonymous 08-06-05 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutdown

Perhaps a candidate for the later summer SV Adventure run ? Im down there a lot btw and it really is nice biking, especially around the Lizard, then back up the North Coast. 3h from Bristol, no more.

jonboy 08-06-05 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutdown

Indeed Cornwall would be lovely but the sad fact is very few peeps would actually make the effort to go that far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Rich
Perhaps a candidate for the later summer SV Adventure run?

Sounds good to me.

Spiderman 08-06-05 04:21 PM

My views.

1. more social time...even if it means less ride time.
2. taking the ride we did as an example... it would have been better broken up into 3 stops as short as the one at tesco.....or stop for lunch at a suitable place and take 2hrs out the day there
3. i think 2 meets would make less peeps show up than a concentrated "this is the one" day
4. I'd be up for having a 2nd "adventure" rideout for those that wanna. Be nice to bring the g/f to next yrs AR...then leave her at home for the adventure ride.

Name badges woudkl be a usefull add on but i'd also feel like i was at some kinda leather fetishists convention. Biking and name badges just dont blend well in my mind...unless we all do it Big Apes way ;)

Tara 08-06-05 05:48 PM

If you wanted more social ime you should've camped out with the rest of us