SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Track Day checklist. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=127659)

Jackhammer 20-03-09 12:33 PM

Re: Track Day checklist.

If ur vanning it up and have space - a chair !!! :-) lots of sitting around time - when i went to a few TDs last year - i really wanted to have a good sit down - and not on the floor LOL - failing that - seems like most of the other suggestions are sensible - take a track pump too if u have one - cant remember if anyone mentioned it already - have fun - stay safe ;-)

Jackhammer 20-03-09 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate Moss (Post 1828120)
Ooooh sounds like fun, but I assume they are for the bike. :(

LOL - best post i've seen in a while :smt038

carty 20-03-09 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1825428)
They dont cover you for wrecking your bike on the track unfortunately........think cartwrim got charged an additional £105 on top of his membership.

Yep, AA charged me £105 to come and collect but that was only cos I didn't have accident recovery on my policy - if I had got accident recovery then recovery from the track would have been no problem - they'll fetch you from anywhere.

However, they may have forgotten to actually ever charge me for it :cool:

Anyone mentioned a couple of jerry cans of fuel? If you're vanning it you may as well, saves going out at lunch if you're a bit low. :riding:

I'll do some timing for peeps too and time someone in the fast group so you can compare if anyone's interested?

Sosha 20-03-09 02:40 PM

Booked into the Ravern...

(Gulp)

Kate Moss 20-03-09 02:42 PM

We looked at that one! Keep a baseball bat handy! Holiday Inn is cheap, thats where we are! Safety in numbers n all that!

_Stretchie_ 20-03-09 02:45 PM

You
Bike
Wallet
Licence
Gaffer tape
Cable ties

plowsie 20-03-09 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate Moss (Post 1829428)
We looked at that one! Keep a baseball bat handy! Holiday Inn is cheap, thats where we are! Safety in numbers n all that!

Its Corby, that is all. Phil has my instructions for the van Kate.

And before you ask, no, you cannot be locked in it overnight with the gaffer tape and cable ties with him!

Sosha 20-03-09 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate Moss (Post 1829428)

Looked at the holiday inn but figured I'd be too knackered to make use of the fitness centre and being on me tod it was an extra 25quid.

No one will steal the Rat - spose I might take the keys out of it though...

Menu looks good - might give the BYOB Nightclub a miss though...

Kate Moss 20-03-09 03:02 PM

the BYOB is a must - How can you go to the Ravern and not partake!! Well you know where we are if you need to escape.

And as for being locked in the van with gaffa tape and cable ties - that hadn't even crossed my mind!!! Im sure Phil would oblige but only if he could leave me in there!

Zombie Jesus 20-03-09 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sosha (Post 1829421)
Booked into the Ravern...

(Gulp)

haha me too. I'll be bringing a lock and chain so if you see my bike park next to it, it'll have a blue cover with a silver stripe down the centre.