SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Pennine Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   A PM ride...with a difference (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=181880)

missyburd 22-07-12 10:39 PM

A PM ride...with a difference

Soooooooo, bit of a plug in aid of YC's folks who are embarking on a trek in Jordan in aid of Parkinson's. They have a fundraising target before they do the trek in October and YC and I would like to do our bit to help them on their way.....

Anyone who has popped by YC's mum's place and had a taste of her hospitality will know she'll do owt to help anyone and now would be a lovely way to show your appreciation :D

BUT HOW ? I hear you cry!

BY A FUN RIDEOUT OF COURSE 8-)

We want a ride that will drop in on as many biker honeypots as possible, with a handful of us wearing the characteristic blue Parkinson's tshirts over leathers to show what we're about, a few of us with collecting tins/buckets bungeed to bikes and we shall proceed to milk as many poor unsuspecting bikers for pennies as possible through SLOW RIDE COMPETITIONS, SPACE HOPPER RACING (this will however need to involve more than the one spacehopper we own so we're hoping other folk have 'em toooo :notworthy:) and any other ideas folk can come up with :smt084

Obviously those of you who would fancy attending will be forking out on fuel and sacrificing your dignity with attention seeking outfits (let your imagination go wild 8-[) will not be expected to donate anything more than your time. But the more of us there are the more of an impression we will make, the more worthwhile a cause it will be to support and consequently all the more money will be raised!!!

BUT WHEN? BUT WHEN? I hear you bellow!

Basically we want to find a date to suit as many of us as possible, hopefully slap bang in the middle of this Indian summer (so September?) we've all been promised ;) A weekend day would be better, lots of shiny bikes and wealthy power rangers to descend upon :smt077

I shall be sticking up a poll shortly...

Please note, any money raised WILL go to charity, YC's folks themselves have put in a good wodge of money to pay for their trip and now need a helping hand to reach their fundraising target.

SO WHO'S COMING?!!!

1. YC
2. Missyburd

.... :p

davepreston 23-07-12 05:21 AM

Re: A PM ride...with a difference

SO WHO'S COMING?!!!

1. YC
2. Missyburd
3. dave preston
4. mrs giggles

missyburd 23-07-12 07:15 AM

Poll now added, please vote for all the dates you can do :)

punyXpress 23-07-12 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davepreston (Post 2747235)
SO WHO'S COMING?!!!

1. YC
2. Missyburd
3. dave preston
4. mrs giggles
5. punyXpress

AndyBrad 23-07-12 09:53 AM

I can't do the ride out unfortunately as much as I would like to but I'll chip in with a few pennies ;-)

Gutted I'm missing out again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

timwilky 23-07-12 10:59 AM

Changes to my work mean I cannot guarantee even being in the UK September, so I am a definite maybe.

I wish them all the best with this project, Parkinsons is horrid. Have watched my grandfather go through it back in the 70s. So let me know how to contribute to their fund.

Nobbylad 23-07-12 01:20 PM

1. YC
2. Missyburd
3. dave preston
4. mrs giggles
5. Nobbylad (depending on date)
6. Nobbylass (depending on date)

missyburd 23-07-12 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBrad (Post 2747313)
I can't do the ride out unfortunately as much as I would like to but I'll chip in with a few pennies ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky (Post 2747358)
I wish them all the best with this project, Parkinsons is horrid. Have watched my grandfather go through it back in the 70s. So let me know how to contribute to their fund.

Cheers guys, they have a Just Giving page, any donations would be gretly appreciated if you feel so inclined :cool:

Sorry you'll have to miss it Andy, hope you're healing well x

AndyBrad 23-07-12 04:41 PM

Nope same as 3 weeks ago. Fecking thing. And no bike in the foreseeable

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

punyXpress 23-07-12 08:15 PM

Street Triple's a bit peaky for playing the fool, SO:
http://uk.f287.mail.yahoo.com/ya/dow...YahooMailNeoCL
Will THIS do? - You did ask for silly. - missyburd has the picture!
( and leave my 'carer' on the pillion alone - she's mine! )