SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   What problems are you ignoring. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=115572)

Grinch 13-08-08 12:06 PM

What problems are you ignoring.

I love my SV, but to be honest I'm a lazy sod. I leave things and put stuff off that I know I need to do.

As the moment my 'put offs' are...
  1. Clutch basget needs changing as my bike is a clunky nightmare.
  2. Fork oil needs changing, its getting a little choppy up the front.
  3. Tank needs painting, the chips and stuff are a little rusty.
  4. I need to find out what wrong with that loose pannel.
  5. Clean the chain at least once this year (it gets ignored cus of the Scottoiler).
  6. And last clean and then winter treat the bike... lol, like thats going to happen.
Though I have aranged to have the clutch done next week with the help of Jambo and his garage... :-) The is only so much clunky, missed shifts, stiff neutrals and stalled starts you can put up with.

El Saxo 13-08-08 12:23 PM

Re: What problems are you ignoring.

Cleaning - I regard it as a protective layer of dirt, it helps ease my guilty conscience! :lol:

Luckypants 13-08-08 12:24 PM

How to pay for the 16K valve check on the VTEC. :nomore:

G 13-08-08 12:32 PM

Finding out why my front brakes sound like they are making a brushing noise once warmed up, even though there is no sign or warped discs, binding or sticking calipers :rolleyes: annoying but it doesnt effect the bike so keep holding off spending anymore money on it.

riktherider 13-08-08 12:34 PM

need new tyres very soon....oil, filter, air filter change, carb sync. but as i have no money, cant do any of that! not due to lazyness, but lack of cash. instead, i respray the whole bike! i cant stop doing stuff to it!

wyrdness 13-08-08 12:35 PM

Speed Triple needs new brake discs. It's not a job that I can do myself (no garage or suitable tools), so it'll probably need to go to the Triumph dealer and cost a fortune.

thedonal 13-08-08 12:35 PM

A slight squeaking sound that goes when I disengage the clutch. Though I've not noticed it for a day or two.

Foxy 13-08-08 12:37 PM

I am ignoring the brabantia bin on the side of my bike, soon to be a Yoshi though ;)8)

ooger 13-08-08 01:00 PM

I am currently ignoring the way the seat shifts a few mm when I get off because I didn't screw it back on properly last time I was under there.

Im so naughty.

Skip 13-08-08 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinch (Post 1593477)
Clean the chain at least once this year (it gets ignored cus of the Scottoiler)

Two years and 12,000 miles and I havent cleaned my chain once - its only been adjusted twice too so I guess its not done any harm - :smt007 my Scottoiler!