SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Helmets (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Pak-a-mak purchase (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=62265)

Moriarty 27-07-05 02:45 PM

Pak-a-mak purchase

I need to buy a pak-a-mak (or similar) waterproof over-suit. 2pc would be preferred but 1pc would be considered.

What's everyones advice on:

1. Price
2. Shops
3. Quality

Oh and Im a tightwad so I won't be buying Alpinestars...

jonboy 27-07-05 03:50 PM

Ah but one of my best purchases is the Alpine Stars two piece waterproofs! Around £55 and they're lined but not bulky and are 100% waterproof.

minky 27-07-05 03:51 PM

Depends on your mileage, I don't do alot so bought the best I could find. One that rolled into a bag etc. If you do rocketship miles buy cheap and replace often, otherwise buy the best the bank manager will allow :)

Oh and go along in your full kit so you can see how easy it is to get on and off etc and how good the fit is. Some can be tight on the knees if you have sliders, others are tight accross the shoulders making it hard to get on :(

Cloggsy 27-07-05 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonboy
Ah but one of my best purchases is the Alpine Stars two piece waterproofs! Around £55 and they're lined but not bulky and are 100% waterproof.

I've got these & they're ace :wink:

embee 28-07-05 09:22 PM

whatever you get, ensure it's BREATHABLE.

I got an Akito oversuit once (still have it if anyone wants one :wink: ) which is straightforward PVC. Just like a turkish bath, if it's at all warm weather the condensation inside it means you may as well just stay out in the rain, and it then sticks to your leathers so you can't get the ****ing thing off! :evil:

Now use Flexothane Hi-vis oversuit, breathes like a pack of Tunes. :wink: Brilliant stuff.

WelshWop 01-08-05 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonboy

I've got these & they're ace :wink:

Ive got em too. Cant fault them :D

Quiff Wichard 01-08-05 09:12 PM

one of those yellow capes we used to have fer push bikes- with the loops for yer thumbs !!!,

just an idea fer tightwads..

serious- if jonboys was only £55 i say thats a good price really- to keep dry n warm and get home nice n steady if it rains...being cold and wet affects yer brain and slows yer down...55 quids aint a bad price for dryness and safety..

Ceri JC 17-08-05 11:25 AM

Spada 406 all in one oversuit:

£45-50,
Absolutely 100% waterproof,
Hi-Vis bits that fit well with the design,
Packs down into a bumbag style sack that isn't too uncomfy to wear,
Nice soft collar lining- no neck rash from frequent rear observation/lifesavers,
Fairly warm due to lack of windchill,
Looks half decent too.

Downsides:
A bit sweaty, but not too bad. I wear textiles underneath it and they don't exactly reek after riding in it.

jonboy 17-08-05 11:47 AM

I've got a Spada one piece suit (though it's lined) and it leaks badly at the crotch and is a pain to get on and off. Cost me sixty quid but I wish I hadn't bought it. Oh and I can't do the neck up with my textile jacket on underneath. Maybe the unlined one is better. Will admit it's warm though.