SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   ...bizarre....(sleeping biker) (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=94415)

gettin2dizzy 02-08-07 08:54 AM

...bizarre....(sleeping biker)

There's a guy outside my office window asleep on what looks like a Busa! Hunched over the tank in full gear + helmet! I work right next to the ferry terminal so I presume he's waiting for one. Nutter! Anyone else do this?! Im sure I'd tip over!

(if anyone is getting the ferry from North Shields/Newcastle let me know - I'll smuggle out a coffee for you ;))

Jester666 02-08-07 08:57 AM

Re: ...bizarre....

I crashed out on a BMW K75 at a service station. 2 hours asleep and I didn't fall off.

I've also slept on a CB500, Bandit 650S, BMW R850R, Fazer 600.

Something to do with doing a squillion miles a week as a courier. It knackers you out! :D

RhythmJunkie 02-08-07 09:08 AM

I fell asleep on a loaded up CG125 at Fort William. Slept for about 1hour solid after a 10 hour none stopper from Derbyshire! Didn't fall off. My son on the other hand has fallen out of his bunk bed on several occasions yet none of us can work out how its happening, it looks impossible. I'd better warn him about bikes then!

plowsie 02-08-07 09:13 AM

I've done it riding along crouched in on the motorway, i actually poo-d myself, whilst parked up i do it alot, i'm a dodgy sleeper i go whenever wake up dodgy time then go back for a bit. I did it on way to GP i was really early getting to Bham so i slept at the petrol station on the bike geared up :D Its quite comfy.

northwind 02-08-07 11:47 AM

I've done it on mine, easier with a tankbag to cuddle... Not very comfy though, usually I'd just have a kip on the ground. Bike gear means any surface is comfy, back protectors are great for this :) When I was waiting to do my bike test, steve the instructor was in with the other trainee... He came out to make sure I wasn't stressed out, and found me having a kip beside the bikes :smt003

Sideshow#36 02-08-07 11:55 AM

Quote:

I've done it riding along crouched in on the motorway, i actually poo-d myself
Ditto mate, i'd been riding for 6 hours non stop minus a couple of fuel stops. One second i was in the outside lane doing about 95, then the next i was in the inside lane doing about 70!!! Luckily it was about 4 in the morning! Very scary indeed.

MeridiaNx 02-08-07 11:55 AM

A leaf out of Ted Simon's book. I remember him sticking the Triumph on the centrestand and strapping the umbrella over him so he could sleep in the saddle.

Kate 02-08-07 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy (Post 1252009)
There's a guy outside my office window asleep on what looks like a Busa! Hunched over the tank in full gear + helmet! I work right next to the ferry terminal so I presume he's waiting for one. Nutter! Anyone else do this?! Im sure I'd tip over!

(if anyone is getting the ferry from North Shields/Newcastle let me know - I'll smuggle out a coffee for you ;))

You sure he's asleep? Anyone checked for a pulse?

gettin2dizzy 02-08-07 12:09 PM

Re: ...bizarre....(sleeping biker)

he's gone now - as I popped down to get a photo!
Do you not just rock over to the right and fall off?!

SoulKiss 02-08-07 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate (Post 1252171)
You sure he's asleep? Anyone checked for a pulse?

If he's dead, bagsies on his bike :)