SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Need tyre fitter in Middlesex. Recommendations? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=84197)

monkey 19-02-07 11:28 AM

Need tyre fitter in Middlesex. Recommendations?

If anyone can help.

I'm in Ruislip, wheels on.

Cheers.

;)

5v5 rider 19-02-07 11:55 AM

Re: Need tyre fitter in Middlesex. Recommendations?

I went to Feltham tyre Centre just off the bath road, they're good lads in there, cant remember how much they charge for rear but I just got my front tyre changed - wheels on - for £95 inc fitting?? Dont know if you'll find any better or not, you could try WLS in Bedfont...

Jelster 19-02-07 12:01 PM

HGB Tyres in Rislip, Just make sure they don't rip you off. Get a quote before going and make sure you tell them "that's the price I was quoted" BEFORE they do any work.

At least they're on your doorstep. Other option is Ride In Tyres in Reading _ really decent bloke.

Kylie 19-02-07 12:24 PM

Gary (GS Motorcycle Tyres) is great, his is a mobile service so he'll come to you. You'll probably pay a little more for the convenience but he's worth a call as he might be able to do you a deal.

Phone: 0118 692 9561
Mobile: 07702 391071

monkey 19-02-07 04:27 PM

Tried HGB and they were asking 30 quid more than Colin Collins! Had a bit of an attitude too. Have read on here before that they're not great.

Jelster 19-02-07 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey (Post 1120449)
Tried HGB and they were asking 30 quid more than Colin Collins! Had a bit of an attitude too. Have read on here before that they're not great.

I sort of hoped by the way I suggested them that you may realise that they can have a sort of "take it or leave it" attitude.

They've been around for years though, so they must be doing something right... :smt017

monkey 19-02-07 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelster (Post 1120503)
I sort of hoped by the way I suggested them that you may realise that they can have a sort of "take it or leave it" attitude.

They've been around for years though, so they must be doing something right... :smt017

Well they're part of HGB and Daytona bikes in Ruislip Manor.

FG1 19-02-07 07:22 PM

Make the effort and get down to George White in Slough. I had front and rear BT020's for about £190 with friendly service.
As I was riding home I noticed that the front had a slight wobble. Called them and they asked if it was possible to come back to the shop. I went back straight away and they had a look, apparently the front needed "dynamically" balancing as there was so much weight added.
I know that it was their job to correct the problem but, they were so "customer orientated" about the whole thing and that was the thing which impressed me.

monkey 20-02-07 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furry Ginger One (Post 1120589)
Make the effort and get down to George White in Slough. I had front and rear BT020's for about £190 with friendly service.
As I was riding home I noticed that the front had a slight wobble. Called them and they asked if it was possible to come back to the shop. I went back straight away and they had a look, apparently the front needed "dynamically" balancing as there was so much weight added.
I know that it was their job to correct the problem but, they were so "customer orientated" about the whole thing and that was the thing which impressed me.

That's what I'm doing, cheers. Although a mechanic who works there and lives near me is taking the bike there for me. Hopefully the tyres will be on their way to fully scrubbed in when I pick her up!

:)

Demonz 20-02-07 07:33 PM

Wraysbury Tyres in Chertsey - http://www.wraysburytyres.co.uk/ - call them for a quote. Have always been the best price for me. They look after your rims too!